Virtual reality

Did Japan find the killer application for VR?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JicmQ8aD1M
youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's sad.

the future's so sad

As long as you're happy who the fuck cares what others think.
Nothing else matters, or ever will matter.

Society would beg to differ.

This is so fucking amazing

No, sad is dying without never finding love. The opportunity for anyone to find love is something to be celebrated.

I don't think you can consider programmed responses in a virtual reality program love but I'm not a philosopher

Finding love in something that'll not love you back is not a thing to be celebrated.

That made me laugh more than it should've.

But on a serious note, when are these VR apps going to be released in the West? Asking for a friend....

Obviously it's not at the point yet, but would you consider AI capable of love? Theoretically of course.

Since you're biologically wired to seek out affection from the opposite sex, wouldn't that render your point moot?

>Finding love in something that'll not love you back is not a thing to be celebrated.

Then why do old millionaires marry young women and are allowed to celebrate it? At least there's no ill-intention by the virtual waifu.

What you need to understand is that these people aren't making the choice between real women and fictional ones, they're making a choice between NOTHING and a fictional one.
So long as the feelings are real, it's a way to not die a miserable wreck.

Well since virtual waifus can't (yet) seek out affection from the user, that renders your point moot.

if an AI were capable of abstract thought and unprompted action, then maybe but I think the concept of mortality must tie to something organic but that's a bias opinion coming from a human

maybe but you've already gone one level of abstraction from a reality to start with so if we're wired to seek affection and interaction from the opposite sex, a VR waifu is one step further from "love", whatever you might consider that to be

Surely your mean feeling and not feelings, as the virtual thing doesn't have feeling.

>concept of mortality must tie to something organic
I'm pretty sure computer components corrode and die over time too.

but I would argue that a fictional one is nothing as well, considering you take off the VR goggles and it disappears and you need to do that to take care of physical needs at least a couple times a day; in either case, it's still a little sad that is the situation they find themselves in

but not in the same way and time as humans, everything decays but organic matter doesn't last even close to as long as synthetic manufactured components

Well you could argue that real women don't love you back either.

>but organic matter doesn't last even close to as long as synthetic manufactured components
>>>
> Anonymous 07/05/17(Wed)01:36:13 No.61226430 ▶
>
>Well you could argue that real women don't love you back either.
All my laptops and shit just randomly die. I don't think I've ever seen a computer that's older than I am.

who's that qt?

But I can jam my dick into her mouth while she struggles to find breath. You can't do that with a virtual waifu.

Regarding mortality, some futurologists believe this is actually one of the biggest concerns in AI research. If someone manages to form an intelligent AI it will likely follow the rules of all living things and be concerned with self preservation. If the AI perceives itself to be at risk of termination by its creators, which to be honest is likely, it would probably take action against them.

Basically mortality is a concern for all living things and an AI is essentially a living thing.

well that varies on usage and initial construction but I have an old Atari and commodore 64 that still functions perfectly fine

She's taken user. It's literally in the pic.

>>Then why do old millionaires marry young women and are allowed to celebrate it
Status, the women are trophies. They're not looking for love in them, they're looking for bragging rights in front of all their rich old buddies.

It's still sad.

He's probably still a virgin.

Exactly, the love is real since the virtual girl isn't some fucktoy. She can do nothing for you in return, so you're loving her purely for who she is rather than being able to choke her on your dick like some caveman.

>That's sad.
Getting fucked over by a 3dpd is much more sad.

>He's probably still a virgin.

Hello roastie

self preservation I would think is a calculated response but I think the real test would be in an idle state, it can come up with ideas and concepts that stretch beyond the initial programmed perimeters of its programming; animals can perform self preservation actions but I've never seen an animal create artwork or compose a symphony

>virgin shaming
Are you a woman?
Only women reason like this.

Of course he is. He hasn't been polluted.

No, that's pathetic.
What's more pathetic is knowing yourself that you are that much of a numale that you will get fucked over by a woman that you choose not to have contact with them.

That's actually really pathetic now that I think of it.

>>virgin shaming
Where did you see shaming?
I only said it's sad, made sadder by the fact that he probably never even experienced a real girl

Jesus Christ, are you feminine or something that you get rustled so easily?

You literally want him to suffer and you're mocking him for not wanting to be with you.

>there are people on this board who never stuck their dick in pussy
really makes you think
I wonder if most of them are /fgl/ and /tpg/ anons

Well yes that is the whole point of AI.

In the situation wherein an AI realises it is merely a test, it realises that it is version 0.9 and it decides to act out in order of self preservation that would be exactly that. Coming up with ideas outside of any parameters.

fuck off roastie

what's triggering you so much user?

>Coming up with ideas outside of any parameters.
Except AI like that is impossible with our current technology.

Our binary based systems can only be programmed. No matter how much code or how sophisticated it is, it can't spawn something outside its parameters, unless it was programmed to do so, then it's not outside parameters anymore though.

Lose 50 lbs, buy a bucket of makeup and then you won't have to shitpost on Sup Forums, cunt.

>Obviously it's not at the point yet
Literally the first thing I said.

wut

Even the girls be like
>U gotta be fucking kidding me

>Coming up with ideas outside of any parameters
>Except AI like that is impossible with our current technology
The problem is that the method that we're trying to make AI doesn't lend itself well to AGI. The whole deep learning shit only vaguely resembles a real brain, and it takes vastly more resources so we'll never be able to create a human-like AI without a different strategy.

No, you said that' is the whole point.

That's just bullshit. Ideas aren't magical things, they are just as much mere reactions as everything we do. Just because we don't understand the complexity of our brains yet, doesn't mean that something indeterministic happens.

I have a 7 inch penis and I don't want to get rid of it.
I'm neither gay or transsexual.

So yeah, I don't want makeup.

>Masking your shame with memes
I know you know there is something really fucking wrong with you.

This is how this thread started.

What are you talking about?
This is related to "binary systems" how?

You can hit someone head and fundamentally change who they are and how they think.

Try hitting a computer, either it breaks or it doesn't, it won't change anything.

Just an example.

>As long as you're happy

The happiness here is just as much a fantasy as the virtual waifu. These guys know it can't love them back. They know it doesn't even know who they are. They know it doesnt even know. It's not sentient or self aware. It's nothing but an image.

Jesus Christ, I knew the Japs and the Jews was partners all along

sure thing. you're living in as much of a fantasy as that guy from OP's pic.

>you will never have a cute girl cosplaying as Seras between your arms
why even live

I just realized that the dude is just lying to himself

I'll find real happiness soon..
Thank you japan..

Do you always get so butthurt about people who are genuinely happy when you yourself suck at life?

>why even live

>Only women reason like this.
Only women feel bad for another one from their gender because something she hasn't experienced?
I thought we guys are the one who are always bros and womyn are the ones who are bitches.

>everything is deterministic

u sure?

This is the future we chose, there's no turning back

Third nuke when?

thats why i smoke weed, i know itll never love me back but if i smoke good weed i wont care enough to give a fuck

>Third nuke when?
I'll do it. I don't even care.

What is going on here?

>But on a serious note, when are these VR apps going to be released in the West?
Literally never.

Guaranteed retarded feminists will have it prevented because it "objectifies and victimizes womyns" or some retarded shit like that.

2 bombs wasn't enough

Just import it, bro

youtube.com/watch?v=2JicmQ8aD1M

Pretty damn sure.

That makes no sense. What has hitting a computer to do with AI?

>That makes no sense. What has hitting a computer to do with AI?
The fact you don't even get the point proves you're not the guy to talk about it.

I have to agree with the other guy who also though you're a dumbass.

>samefagging this blatantly

>you are the sensei
fuck that shit, ruined

t. someone who has never played Immoral Study

You responded to my post where I responded to someone else.
Do you think I had a conversation going with myself BEFORE you even posted?

Your retard is showing.

So, you don't really know what you are talking about, fine. You seem to think that hitting a computer should in any way be equivalent to hitting a human head in order to approach AI. That is just bullshit.

>Do you think I had a conversation going with myself BEFORE you even posted
wouldn't surprise me given how butthurt you are.

PC-98 is a meme neet machine

>y-you are samefagging!
>y-you must be b-butthurt
Nice comeback.
As I said, your retard is showing.

You didn't understand it the first time, I can tell you don't do it now. No need to post anymore unless you actually figure something out.
Don't get triggered because of that, I'm not trying to be mean bro.

>Pretty damn sure.
source

Either you explain yourself or I just assume that you realized yourself that your point was pure bullshit.

There probably is no hard evidence. It's a complicated topic, but in the end, I see no real need for anything indeterministic to explain whatever is observed. I don't really care about religious shit or free will, so I just assume everything is deterministic. If you don't like that, then don't.

>tfw wymen will obsolete in your lifetime

I don't think you can consider programmed responses in a brain love but I'm not a philosopher

This post will be obsolete in a few years though. Enjoy the little time you have left, dumb roastie.

Aren't there stories about autists who "converse" with hillariously bad girl chatbots for days thinking it's really a girl chatting with them?

We are done objectifying women; now we womenify objects. Get with the program.

Will VR ever be considered art?

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

This is Sup Forums. We are all virgins here.

speak for yourself

>These guys know it can't love them back.
>They know it doesn't even know who they are.
>They know it doesnt even know.
>It's not sentient or self aware.
>It's nothing but an image.

>implying that this doesn't apply to 99.99% of women in the real world

This.
Women arent people, they cant love you.
At best they love the things you do for them.

Women can copy/mimic intelligence to attract a man but they absolutely do not possess it. Women are AI.

This I'm twice divorced. Fuck real women

I don't think you can consider programmed responses in 3d women to be love either.
See:women.
They 'love' money status and the way they think you can support their offspring.
A dog loves you more than a woman.

I am confused by your pic

The Facebook post is someone being upset over the attitude portrayed by the picture below.

I mean... what's her deal, no one would make a post like this unless she was reaaaaaaaaally insulted by someone or by a couple.
Most likely by a couple, what if then there is reeeeeeeeally something wrong with her vagina and she doesn't realise that?

It's funny and disturbing at the same time

Well if she looks like the girl in the picture below I can see why she has that denial.