Rx Vega official bench thread

>The highest score the 687F:C1 has achieved is an overclocked chip. 3DMark11 does not recognize unreleased overclocked graphics cards very well. The good news is that this puts RX Vega above overclocked GTX 1070, bad news, it might still be slower than overclocked GTX 1080.

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-580-dx-12-benchmarks-geforce-384-76-geforce-400-500-series-direct-x-12/

videocardz.com/70777/amd-radeon-rx-vega-3dmark11-performance

Pls be nice, no shill pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-580-dx-12-benchmarks-geforce-384-76-geforce-400-500-series-direct-x-12/
wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-benchmark-leaked-specs-confirmed-1630mhz-8gb-hbm2-484gbs-of-bandwidth/
forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1990723/
youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So it's literally Vega FE performance.

>wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-580-dx-12-benchmarks-geforce-384-76-geforce-400-500-series-direct-x-12/

Bad link
wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-benchmark-leaked-specs-confirmed-1630mhz-8gb-hbm2-484gbs-of-bandwidth/

How does he know it's overclocked if there's no clocks to prove it?

Those are AIB partner cards they're comparing against.

And AMD will take the Vega sapphire xtrem ultra oc vs the 1080FE

I like my GPUs extra crispy, thanks. Vega partner AIB or bust.

Fast

You think amd will overhype again vegafail?

>still can't beat OC Ti
>probably comes with water block because FE can't hold 1600 on air for more than 10 secs
>mfw

Reference blowers suck, film at 11. The AIB partner versions will easily be able to handle it.

ITT unverified 3dmark scores are totally legit guise honest despite futuremark explicitly stating anything that isn't identified correctly is an unreliable result.

Obviously everything leak related is just something to speculate on.

>The "Fiji fallback driver" or "Fiji drivers" meme needs to stop. That's not how it works or should be described. Otherwise you should start calling Volta drivers Pascal drivers Maxwell drivers. There is obviously commonality -- that's just how software engineering needs to work for a GPU -- but calling it a Fiji driver or Fiji fallback is wrong.
>Rys, 2 minutes ago
AMD is mad.

Vega is really faster than Fiji.
The drivers are fucked up.

Sauce?

forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1990723/

B3D forums, ofc.

>implying that this somehow negates that the current drivers are dogshit for gaymen

It doesn't. He just said that it's not Fiji drivers.

of course they weren't fiji drivers, vega wouldn't even work with those

It works like Fiji right now though. Even TBR is disabled.

>Vega is really faster than Fiji
Do you see how stupid it is you even have to say that? Was anyone wondering if Pascal was faster than Maxwell?

AMD may fix it, but they still fucked up.

>Was anyone wondering if Pascal was faster than Maxwell?
No, people eat whatever shit nVidia sells them.

Sometimes its not even a full turd, only 3.5 of a turd!

You forgot the turd with 1.7% yields or turd that also doubles as a leafblower.
youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug

On 1080Ti, wanted more from AMD than it seems i will get! FUCK! VOLTA WHEN?

>VOLTA WHEN?
You want Pascal refresh? Just buy pascal.

Next year

If you have 20 grand you can get put on the short list for volta.

>headless compute boards
How do i gaym on it?

Release of FE was the most retarded thing in the history of retarded things. I start to believe they idea that they had a catastrophic bug (rasterizer?) in the first run of the silicon and this clusterfuck is the best idea they had.

Though Pascal was Maxwell refresh? And it was truly refreshing!

Next year then and with another price bump due to AMD pushing what little RND they have towards HBM.

Pascal was Maxwell dieshrink. Volta brings like nothing new besides memes.

60% performance gain from die shrink makes me have high hopes for those memes though, I do think there are people at Nvidia that knows how get shit done and crank out something atleast 30% faster than Pascal over the board!

Oh naive child.
Buy nvidia, gweilo.

what die shrink? 16 to 12nm is nothing like 28 to 16nm. hell, it is not even real 12nm.

I want AMD to push it though! Make the 1080Ti seem like a bad card for top performance, that would make me happy.

All the more impressive what they did with that generation shift!

1080 +5-10% for $380

Screencap this

I'd be happy with 1070 performance, if it comes at nano size and $300.

Nano a cute!

Especially if they don't price it retardedly like they did fiji nano.

All the fiji cards were pretty good after their initial round of price cuts.

If it's priced like a $350 1070 and has the performance of a 1080 we could have a goat high end GPU

But we know fagcoin miners will fuck up prices.

Can't wait to wait months for stock

they won't, vega is 10% above a 580 for mining

But 580's are expensive and hard to find. If RX Vega is cheaper at launch and easier to get...

well you do the math.

The entire GPU market is fucked for the time being. Perfect time to release a new one!

>Perfect time to release a new one!
Which will end up at 2x the price in the span of a week!

AMD should sit on RX Vega for another month, get drivers even better and wait for the miners to crash and burn

I doubt they'll get the efficiency anywhere near the nvidia offerings though, which is really a shame.

>wccfshit says RX Vega in "striking distance" of 1080ti

>Literally 20% behind

?¿? Really makes me think

>Engineering sample
>20% behind 1080ti
We saw the same shit with Ryzen at the beginning of the year. The engineering sample that everybody was basing their assumptions on in January/February was at least 10% slower than the final product.

Ultimate sandbag technique? I don't know if they can pull the same shit off twice.

vega FE has the worst gaming drivers known to a gpu right now, but in other workloads it performs better even at the same clockspeeds as fury X

doesn't matter

this thing will sell out day 1 thanks to buttcoins

pic related

it won't, the FE performed like dogshit on mining ~30MH/s

Ok so 60% improvement in 3DSMax-05 and Maya-04, but it still actually needs the gaming drivers to be complete in like, a month.

It would be cool if they put anti-mining into the drivers. Sure it would get hacked eventaully but it would mean it would give a chance for 'normies' to grab one at a sensible price for gaming.

>god I wished AMD made this basic, ADDMUL slower, obviously it would never affect other tasks!

well, they clearly gave preference to the prosumer and enterprise folks, that's why the pro drivers run really good on the professional workloads or whatever they're called, seeing that they're selling vega cards for datacenter too, this seems like the biggest priority, so they delayed gaming stuff a bit more so they can finish the drivers

The raw horsepower is clearly there, but can AMD transform it into gaymen performance?

Trust in King Pajeet.

Just Believe.

someone just has to write the drivers properly, if they managed to do it with the pro ones, why not the gaming ones too, given enough time?

That's just compute performance. Gaming performance needs more than that, since it needs to actually, you know, rasterize pixels to the screen. And they've always sucked at that - they always had great compute performance that translated into average game performance.

On the other hand, Polaris with 32 ROPs can perform exactly as fast as Hawaii with 64 ROPs. If Vega can pull that off, it'll be great.

Of course if it COULD pull that off, then Vega FE wouldn't run worse than Fiji in games.

Thing is you can't increase your compute perf by a 40% average per CLOCK while regressing in gaming without a good reason, you simply can't unless you literally remove the ROPs

did they give an estimate on the price ? i betting 1070 price if it's really bad or 500 $ if it's 1080 level

The rasterizers aren't the problem. Even with Tonga Nvidia's discard was like 1.7x more effective. It's clear that AMD cards do a lot of unnecessary work and it's most evident in tessellation, where meshes are subdivided into millions of tiny triangles that wouldn't even fill a pixel on their own, just unnecessary data being processed More over their tri fillrate is historically bad (though it's related in part to the poor discard). So on that front AMD is doubly bad, just in raw throughput and discard

AMD is the first one aware of this, Vega was (originally) designed to remove these obvious geometry bottlnecks, and bandwidth ones(doubly more important for raven ridge)

If AMD literally did nothing concerning this in 2+ years, what the fuck have they spend 40% more transistors on?

>poor volta they said

Also this shit will draw a lot of power

On-die street shitting neural network

Except people will literally buy AMD no matter how mediocre it is
Doesn't matter how slow the GPU is, you will still buy it no matter what

Reminder
Ryzen is faster at gaming than the 7700k if you use fast ram on the since the AGESA update

We're going to need a new scale for this level of butthurt.

>thermi outsold evergreen
Gaymurs are brainwashed zombies that will buy Ncuckya no matter what, then complain that their GPUs are slow in two years and run out to buy another one. Rinse and repeat, forever.

FUCKING WHEEEEEN

Not really

>1080 performance in AMD shilled games
>Slightly behind in Nvidia shilled games
>Still 30% to go to 1080 Ti which still costs less than Vega.

It's literally like AdoredTV said so many months ago.

Remember when they had cool names for their video cards?

>just get a new desktop
>excited to play games on it
>Ryzen based
>fire it up, download library
>use my laptop later to buy some games
>hardware survey comes up
>exit out because I want to take it later on the desktop I now use for games
>play some games later
>no survey
>get on laptop again
>survey comes back up
Nice unbiased survey Steam.

nvidia has drivers poojet

Explosive ones-

>anekdotal evidence

>anecdotal evidence
>Steam survey has AMD CPUs tracking down while every other source has them tracking up
Sure, it's just anecdotal.

>anecdotal evidence

>anti-mining
When your shit locks up because Witcher needs CUDA for HairWorks, I doubt that you'd hold that sentiment.

>own i7 4790K
>steam survey appears constantly
>anecdotal evidence

Dude, why are you using 3DM11 as a benchmark for a card built from the ground up for more than just that.

Are you comparing processors used?

Because it's all we got right now. Leaked benchmarks.

Why does one autist keep screaming the same thing in every thread? Dide we get it, AMD released a good CPU years ago. That doesn't change the fact Vega launch is a fucking disaster.

>Rinse and repeat, forever.
The only difference being soon there won't be a choice to even get AMD.

Doubtful. People were will to forgive AMD's sandbagging of Ryzen because the price to performance was so good and consumers and reviewers were starting turn on Intel already with Kaby Lake. Nvidia has more consumer good will than Intel and AMD's marketing of Vega is nonexistant, Ryzen marketing was everywhere. Also AMD won't win by much in price to performance due to HBM2 costs.

It doesn't even beat an oc'd 1080 let alone a ti

Stupid Anime poster

Nice cherrypicked benchmark of one single game faggit

>580 is priced at 300$
>Vega has a huge ass fucking die, 50% larger than a 1080's
>also expensive HBM2
>"If they'll price it at 350"

Why are people this fucking delusional

Look at who he was replying to.

The refresh will be another die shrink from 16nm to 12nm+

I know, I was only pointing it out because the same guy always posts the same exact phrase in every single GPU thread over the past week or so, it's just weird that someone could be this butthurt over the HD 5000 series.

>AMD may fix it, but they still fucked up.
They don't have to outperform the 1080ti you faggot

As if I'm going to splurge money on such a card. The worrying part is the power consumption.

Motivated reasoning to create false hope in the face of evidence that AMD screwed up with Vega + the disgusting pricing of all GPUs thanks to miners.

Now is an absolutely awful time to be in the PC gaming market. Consoles are honestly a better buy at this point.

What makes you think cost of product has any effect on price?