WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GPUs!!!!

Rage Time:

I ordered a GPU (EVGA 1060 6GB SC) from Amazon on the 27rd of June
>Sorry xir your order was canceled. The third party seller is not in stock.
Ok ... try out other vendors find Sears/Circuit City (kek they still exist?!)
>Sure we have your GPU in stock and will ship to you on the 5th of July

.... Captain's Log: July 5th 2017 ....

I get this email from Sears
>Here's an UPDATE for you, xir!
>The ship date for your GeForce GTX 1060 Graphic ... that you ordered on Tue, Jun 27, 2017 has been delayed.
>We don't have an expected ship date yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we do.

>We're very sorry for this inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience.

>Thank you for shopping with us,
>Your Sears Team

W H A T T H E F U C K !!!!

What should I do? Should I wait it out? How long will that take? I paid $300 for the GPU and I realize that's about $50 more than usual. I have a new PC to build but no GPU

If I browsed /fit/ more I would punch a hole in my wall because I'm so angry

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GPUS WHY ARE THEY NOT IN STOCK AND FUCK MINERS FUCK MINERS FUCK MINERS

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/2BjWGX/msi-video-card-gt7102gd3lp
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>xir

Browsing /fit doesn't make you fit ...

>WHERE ARE THEY
>I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE

I remember when the GeForce 6000 series came out and nobody could get one for at least a month after they came out. People were buying cards from OEMs people had never even heard of like Albatron.

>using a tripcode on Sup Forums

So should I wait it out?

Now is a bad time to buy gpu. Just wait for the mining boom to die out.

I have every component but a GPU sitting in a large box in my living room.

Should I take a GPU from an older computer, build the PC, install Debian, and then swap out the GPUs when my EVGA 1060 comes in?

>27rd

cryptocurrency mining is back and retard are buying up all the gpus nowadays.

You must have been born on the 1nd of January 2017 if you don't know that 27rd is a real number

Have some heart OP, the moronic miners are all going to lsoe a great deal of money on their stupidity. So you will have the last laugh.

>EVGA
You fucked up.
Sorry bud.

>taking shit to falcon

get the fuck out

don't forget about Chaintech, Inno3D and Verto

well no because it's probably AGP and you need PCIE
on second thought go ahead, just line it up and jam it in.

>Samefagging this hard
Get the fuck out falcon and never come back

I think I can get a PCIE one... I'm really eager to build my PC. I haven't had a personal desktop for a long long time. I build my work deskop a few years back tho

Miner here, fuck you, I bought the GPU with my money and I can do whatever I fucking please with it. Direct your anger at Nvidia and AMD who are not capable to produce enough GPU's to meet the demand. Also blame the greedy vendors who are not putting any limit on how many GPU's a single address can order.
Fucking crybaby.

Get a job.

My job is a graduate student. I am at a R1 university studying the genetics of Autism.

Seriously

Sup Forums BTFO

The way the market looks like is that a GPU will be unavailable at MSRP for a long while as etherum and bitcoin have no real signs of crashing yet.

Just riding over with a cheap old gpu is your best bet.

It is likely that the time to buy will only be upon the next releases of GPUs unless a crash occurs.

I don't play vidya aside from Civ

I'm a researcher, I do machine learning, and would like to expand to deep learning. 1060 is a good starter kit (obviously not for large datasets)

>R1 university
what does that pajeet term mean?

ETH doesn't have to crash, the difficulty increase alone will render mining unprofitable in less than a year.

R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity"

Try looking for a used GTX 980 or something, you will easily find these for decent prices.

>over $200 on ebay

Keep looking, trust you will find them for good prices. Not everyone selling their GPU is aware of the mining craze. I live in Europe and every once in a while I find insane deals on Fury and GTX 9xx cards. You just have to keep a watchful eye for such deals because they disappear fast.

Oh. BTW, are you doing a phd in biology, genetics or bioinformatics??

My program is called Biomedical Sciences. I have a BS in Biology, did some wet bench stuff in undergrad but quickly moved into bioinformatics (learned Perl: don't ostracize me)

In grad school I stuck with bioinformatics and use machine learning to characterize structural variation and it's implications to psychiatric disorders, specifically autism and schizophrenia.

I'm currently working on the "3rd" generation of sequencing technologies: long-read sequencing (Oxford Nanopore, PacBio SMRT). I have some ideas I want to work out with deep learning and characterizing structural variation using the newer version of sequencing.

Forgot to say: currently 4th year in PhD

very interesting. good luck user!

Thanks! :) I still want my GPU tho

>selling people whatever they want is greedy
>buying to much of something is greedy
>spending money is greed

>using anime smug faces

>xir
Surely it can only be bait?

:3

What about getting this POS for the time being?

pcpartpicker.com/product/2BjWGX/msi-video-card-gt7102gd3lp

Just use the integrated GPU if your motherboard supports it until you can buy a dedicated one.

how fucking new are you?

Falcon's website is even in the fucking Sup Forums sticky you ignorant cuck.

logicalincrements.com/

I don't think my Ryzen 1600x with the tomahawk B350 MB has integrated GPU

anime website

falcon pls leave

falcon is a cuck

That's what they said about bitcoin.

bitcoin is virtually unprofitable to mine now unless you invest very heavily in an ASIC

But then eth came along and fucked up the GPU market again, my point is that the ride never ends.

>late 2016
>find a GTX 1070 on sale
>$365
>buy it from jet.com
>bang bitches non stop
>life is good

>Is a Ph.D candidate
>27nd
Nigga please

>Is a Ph.D candidate
>Write God-Tier Bait
Checks out

>mfw

FUCK YOU MINER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>HOW DARE YOU BUY THINGS WITH YOUR MONEY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's that over there? Oh, it's more cards.

>mining dificulty increases
>left with shitty burned out cards noone will buy

WOW fell for the crypto meme hard didn't you!? enjoy your useless video cards you over-payed for and can't sell in 2-4 months.

HAHAHA @ OP HAHAHH..
Funny story, I got the last 1060 6gb for 250 at my local pc store. It was at the time when amd cards run out and everybody started to buy nvidia cards. I wanted to buy a 580 but it was sold out :(

Since when do you have to tell anyone what you did with them

how much money do you actually make?

I know another grad student who has a mining rig set up in lab (so no electrical costs). He says he makes $20 a day

The grant I'm in gives me $1200 a year to spend on research supplies. I was late to the game getting the parts for my PC, my friend in the same grant got her 1060 6Gb for $250 two weeks before the 27th

>how much money do you actually make?
Around $200 a week with the current prices, but I'm probably gonna YOLO it and hold for a bit. It's hard to source power supplies at the moment, so I can't set up more rigs although I have the cards.

>1080Ti/GP102 is supposedly inefficient at mining
>cost still goes up
explain this

Get any GPU like HD6900 or GTX650Ti Boost or something, sell it later.

Don't! Many GPUs from previous generations will be better for less bucks.

I already did and can't cancel my order with Sears

It'll do for a month or two whenever they get back in stock

I'm not a gaymer, I just need a terminal emulator now. Deep learning will have to wait

>price of other cards go up to near 1080Ti levels
>makes no sense for gamers to buy anything but a 1080Ti
>gets bought out by gamerfags
>price goes up too

FUCK MINERS
FUCK GAYMERS
COMPUTERS SHOULD ONLY RUN SYSTEMD FREE GNU/LINUX
APPLE FAGS NEED TO DIE
I HATE THIS WORLD COMPUTERS USED TO BE SO MUCH BETTER BEFORE CHAD AND BECKY STARTED USING THEM

pic taken with an iphone btw :^)