Post your radio

Post your radio

yaaassss

Model pls

7-4305F

per date code, put its production mid 1979

got it from a thift shop 9 years ago for $3, i was thrilled. so damn hard to find them now

>tfw your government is rapidly shutting down FM broadcasting in your country

I.. I still don't understand why.

That's a helluva deal, mine in OP was 4.99 at Goodwill

That's awesome, i found an old ge flip clock (no radio) for $2 at a yard sale, and someone bought it off me for $20. Gotta love hipsters.

You son of a bitch

>not removing the label

It's still within the 30 day return period.

Grundig Studio 2020 Hi-Fi and an unidentified Blaupunkt radio cabinet.

where?
Finland?

I don't have one because all the radio stations here are shitty country music, politics, or some guy rambling about Jesus

>muh radio over internet

Behold this communist invention.
It has all the knobs and stuff but I just don't have any other photo of it.

My mum has been using this since the 80s.

Radio is currently broken, tuner needed re-stringing and there is an as yet unknown electrical fault, no bulging caps and apparently no dry joints but it still doesn't work. I get momentary static with a bit of percussive maintenance though.

your mom has been blazin since 80s

In the Netherlands they shut down AM and I'm pretty sure in a few years FM will be dead as well
They're moving to something called DAB+

3 years and counting until around two weeks ago. The digits went fucked. Not even a recap could fix it.

I have been using this one since 98

forgot pic

>post you're radio
>posts an alarm clock.

Also one of these babies.
9090db Sansui flagship.

60s Sears Silvertone, scored from ewaste.

also got this GE with a VFD recently from goodwill

What if I told you I have the same radio as Neo?

>your

> 1950 Viking Eatons AM upright radio
> was a fucked up mess when I found it
> refinished exterior and replaced grill cloth
> original tube radio was missing
> replaced with newer guts
> wired up the front controls so they actually function
> also added provisions for a powered subwoofer

Damn. a whole page of image search results, and I don't see one as clean as mine.

f'n rotate
Here's the rear of it

Zenith
Stereophonic
h i g h f i d e l i t y

it also has CONELRAD civil defense markings (CD) on the AM dial

is this the most popular alarm clock of all time? i see this thing everywhere

Norway. Apparently we are the first country to shut down FM radio broadcasting. In December this year nationwide FM broadcasting will be completely shut down.

Honestly this leaves me a little worried.
FM has always felt like the perfect technology in case of an emergency combined with a power outage. A battery driven FM radio seems like the best way to get news in a situation like that.

>muh smartphones
I know, but FM just feels more reliable.

My folks have a TU-919, I will be forever jelly

Are they freeing up the band for something else?

ma nigga

Decent shortwave stations are getting lesser by the year.

too bad it isn't real

I'm using my baofeng 90% of the time to liste to fm radio.

The clock loses 7 minutes over the course of a year, but otherwise it's all i need

Wait people still use radios? Why? I havent seen one in at least 5 years, even most cars dont have them anymore

Akchually, autoradios are built-in now, they are bundled with the little tablet on your car's interface

I had that one growing up. It was an awesome little clock. All the ones today use LEDs. Even with a dimmer, almost all of them are too bright.

It's almost criminal that Dream Machines aren't made anymore.

Listening in to teachers responding to kids escaping from school on a comfy morning

>muh smartphones
There are plenty of smartphones with FM though.

Here's my jap from the 80's, got it from a relative long long ago and it's still kickin. Currently waiting on a PL-310ET, speaking of which...
How is it on MW? Any internal interferences? I just ordered mine and I'm way too excited!

bump

Well, that won't help us much when there is no more FM broadcasting.

I mean, it technically counts...

I wish, but no.

Its just the biggest broadcasting companies going together in switching to DAB instead of FM broadcasting. Since one of the companies is government owned it was decided that all nationwide FM broadcasting should cease within 2017.
The intention is to save money, as it would be redundant and "too costly" to run parallel DAB and FM broadcasting.

Huge parts of the country are already without FM Broadcasting and within December it will be completely shut off. Only local independent stations will remain, and they are planned shut off before 2022.

I haven't listened to much MW due to most stations here in the UK being piss (I listen to BBC Radio Scotland sometimes, but that's about it). Reception is good, but the sound quality is so-so; fine for talk, but pretty average for music. I live 2 miles from a 200+ kW MW/LW transmitter site so I'd expect reception to be good. Shortwave listening at home is absolutely ruined by the receiver overloading due to my proximity to the aforementioned transmitter site. I'll have to look into getting (or making) a high-pass/broadcast-band filter or something like that.

>overloading
Oh damn, that would be a big problem if shortwave were to become as popular as internet, or something.

How's the headphone out? Do you have any complaints with the radio itself?

I've used the boxed earbuds and my Sennheiser HD 558 headphones and have no complaints about the sound quality. The build quality is pretty good too.

>radio
i actually dont own one, not even in the car.

Hilarious.

Enjoy your botnet, cuck

Faggot

my phone or my zune hd.