Why hasn't anyone made an Open Source chan that doesn't use Google ReCaptcha?

Why hasn't anyone made an Open Source chan that doesn't use Google ReCaptcha?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/
gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

indiachan.com
>source
github.com/blobmon
>inb4 made by street shitter
Yes

I like the board selection.

So Sup Forums shits on pajeets but they make a better website than they can

Its a relatively new board.
It uses IP instead of cookies to recognize individual posters.It's also very lightweight and has only very basic features(As it is targeted for a slow internet country) and under active development.(You can request for features in the chan's meta board.)

Looks cute

Because recaptcha is the only known method that fools a convolutional neural network.

any idiot can buy a 1000 zombie botnet for an hour for a couple bucks, now identifying posters by ip doesn't sound like a great idea, right?

i fucking hate street shitters

8gag doesn't

I found a bunch of open source chan clones on github just googling

None of our imageboards has google captcha
Sauerkraut and Bier

that's how resentment works

You weren't here to see the shitshow the week before Captcha was implemented so you assume it's bad.

Infinitechan
It uses non google captcha

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/

because no one cares about alternatives until it's too late

There's a few of them. Open source imageboard is kind of pointless though, since you have to trust the admin to not be a liar and just do whatever he wants on his server anyway.

Because the few moments after someone do, someone else is done with spam bot for it.

My chan, based on a open-source project, uses a non-google captcha. Shame the site isn't ready yet.

1) operating costs including personal investment of time and such 2) nobody will use it

What's wrong with google captcha?

8reddit doesn't, but in fact their system is much worse than 4chans, it takes something like 10 tries to get it working and most boards are utter shit or loldead

Hello newfag.

I guess you don't remember the dark days before any captcha was around.

every board would be spammed and pumped constantly with .js exploits that scrape your my documents and feed them back to a cnc server.

Or how every board would constantly be SNACKS IS WACKS SNACKS IS WACKS made CONSTANTLY.

Captcha is better than not being able to post because the traffic from the bots leaves no bandwidth for any users.

gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan/

this desu

DELET

Which one of these is the most active?

discord

>I don't want to use Google ReCaptcha

When self-driving cars can't tell the difference between a sign and a pedestrian, it's your fault.

>in the future recaptcha will drive cars in real time with hundreds of millions of users posting on 4chans every hour

Are you fucking kidding? Many people tried and were persecuted. Fucking Joshua Moon was going to save us all man

Joshua Moon defended the AGPL license from Jim's botnet, he was our savior.

because it would be spammed to death

>josh the php pro

Sup Forums used to be "dead af" for modern standards too, but you kids wouldn't remember it

>8gag

lel