Cpp features that dont suck

itt: features from cpp you think C could actually use

ill start, i think the '&' reference type is pretty nice to use instead of pointers sometimes

absolutely no bullying people and calling them a r*tard because they like one feature

this is a good thread someone reply to it

It's really not. Who's this thread even for?

I'd like to marry this girl (male).

everyone on Sup Forums also u can look at the girl in the picture

const is great for optimization

she's mine!

i thought c already had const
would you explain the difference

Smart pointers.

Not anymore

>cpp features that dont suck
//TO-DO

Wonder what she smells like

Sex

l/r-value references are great for code optimization
classes are good if you are not a Pajeet.

Namespaces

Fuck, no

old cum and salt

delet

No

>Fuck, yes
FTFY

Donkey cum

Wrong again

literaly just think of better names lol

no readable compile errors, it makes everything so much more fun

The only decent sepples feature is that once you declare struct you can just use it as a type instead of having to write struct everywhere.

Please tell me this girl is female?

why would you want that?

Moar Anzu please

Cause I don't know how to fuck a dick.

later

When nigger?

Bubble gum

I was trying to figure out the point of references the other day, it just seems like a const pointer (not a pointer to a const). Not sure if it's really a good addition though.

It Should replace pointers
Maybe c shouldn't use the terminology 'function ' if it's going to let you pass by reference
What a shitty language

Why did you censor the word retard?

It's getting to the point where I can't trust my eyes anymore. That's either a doll or an image of a human but the skin has been edited. The hair, skin, and eyes don't look very real but it could just be edited, a wig, and contacts. What a world.

namespaces. namespaces are fucking amazing.

You're banned from my threads retard
Don't show your face again

WHO IS SHE

When damnit

How new are you? Why can't you read? Please read.

when i get. Home

Consider suicide you disgusting cock lover

Hurry

Tell you what, I'll consider giving a shit about what you have to say when I see (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) in red on my posts. As it stands, you're not a mod, and I'm not breaking any rules.

fuck you filtered

Is it wig, makeup, contacts, or do you think it's just wig, contacts, and editing? Very cute either way.

Liyu goes in the other thread
Check the archive

I mean catalog

Why do I like penis?All if them are wigs expect for her pics of her hair super short and yes contacts no ones eyes are red. I think editing on the eyes I don't know how her eyes can be that big
Hey I didn't start it

Just so you know, I am capable of taking off my tripcode. I don't do it often, but sometimes it helps me be more of an ass.

& and && references are dangerous as fuck, but without them you don't get copy and move semantics so I don't know what to do.

ctors/dtors for RAII semantics and templates are the best features

makes things more complicated
>classes are good
no, no they are not
literally just fucking name your functions prefixed with the "namespace"
hahahahhahahahahahahhaha
already has it
there isn't one
references are stupid and make functions disingenious and require you to think harder for something that's already complicated by default (unless you don't give a shit about optimization)

the one thing that c could use is a secondary facility for functions (or maybe even 3), we could call them procedures to align with pascal or whatever
something that has alternative properties, like a format better than function pointers (although it would have to be more complicated) or being inlined by default (or both)
basically what i want is lambdas from c++ but not retarded.
really just to clean up having functions in structures, im sure the oop fags would rejoice over that anyways.
if i got to ask for more i'd say a backport of postfix types from go or better threading/concurrency constructs but neither are really necessary.

*leaks memory*

Classes, templates, STL, exceptions, lambdas, references, namespaces, move semantics, type inference, RAII.

C is shit and obsolete, unless you need other languages to interact with your code, but even then, it's possible with C++.
And no, when it comes to langauges, there is no such thing as bloat. I'd rather have multiple tools for every situation than one tool that is shit but kind of works.
Fuck C.

This thread is the reason C++ got designed in the first place, and is the same reason it turned into the nightmarish feature creep language it currently exists as.

C is good because C is simple. It was never meant to be used with 10 trillion built-in features.

you can use the typedef keyword in C so you don't have to declare "struct " every time you use it.
it's just not a widely enforced practice for clarity's sake

C is shit dumb dumb

How about moving to Turkey?

>clarity's sake
type declaration.
struct shit {};

Using the type.
shit *x = malloc(sizeof(*x));

That would make sense.
But no, dumb ctards have to declare the struct everytime they want to use. If you don't what the type does you shouldn't be using it in the first.

>And no, when it comes to langauges, there is no such thing as bloat.
I feel like this is generally true, but it can harm readability when you have a dozen different ways to do the same thing.
On the one hand, if you have a minimalistic language, people start inventing their own ass-backwards idioms to do basic shit. The good side to that is that you can still generally figure out what's going on in unfamiliar code since it's built out of the same small set of primitives everybody is familiar with.

The big problem with C++ is that none of its features were designed with respect to each other, it just kind of snowballed and accumulated shit. So most of the features are halfhearted and halfbaked, and constrained by backwards compatibility concerns.

typedef struct shit_struct { poo poo } shit;
shit *x = malloc(sizeof(*x));
Wow, so hard!

new and delete
template

Won't pass code review

Says who?
You can use typedef on struct declaration so you don't have to put "struct" everywhere, EXACTLY what you want to be able to do.

Never noticed she had man hands till now

Dinosaurs hate typedef structs and consider them bad style because ???.

Really the only reasons I choose C++ for big projects is because of the C++ standard library and boost.

I already told you. Clarity.
If the old geezers on your team don't want you to use typedef on structs, then fucking don't. A consistent codebase is more important than you wanting to skip typing "struct" or writing a macro to do it for you. That's literally all there is to that.
C can do what you want it to. Somebody not wanting you to do that is a situational problem and not the fault of the language.

why is that strange

typedef was mistake.

Generics, this is my biggest gripe with C, other than that it's good.

A reliable fucking set of common collections in the stdlib. No, seriously, I don't want to write linked list/array removal+shift/hash table code over and over again.

>ill start, i think the '&' reference type is pretty nice to use instead of pointers sometimes
No. C++ referenced are extremely retarded.
They literally perpetuate invisible state changes.

>referenced
references*

what is a gneieric

And namespaces. Those are great, too.

C has an extremely important feature that basically no other language has, and many other languages actually rely on: its simple and stable ABI.
How to you propose "Generics" (whatever that actually means) be implemented without fucking that up?

My point is the same as above. Also, namespaces are fundamentally useless.

>its simple and stable
lol fuck off
its the most hacked together memory leaking pointer including non function pretendingf piece of CR*P

c isnt even a language; its a really long and shitty macro define statement that has plauged the world for too long

yeah manually terminated strings (arrays) of chars pointer to pointer returning memory addresses and garbage whenever something goes wrong and then th eprogram contuining to oeprate on garbage

C sure is 'simple and stable'
kys

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.
You don't even know what an ABI is, do you?

the only good thing about C is that retards on Sup Forums can memorize the entire syntax after reading one 50 page book from 1974 and then they can pretend they're programmers

prove me wrong

im not buying your anime bytes invite just leave me alone

You mean constexpr maybe?

Why are you so rude? It's really off putting.

i want to look like the girl in the picture :(

whatever i delted it

A lot of your posts have the same spirit, I'm leaving.

>absolutely no bullying people and calling them a r*tard because they like one feature
Alright, but the people who like zero features, or two or more features, are dead fuckin meat.

sorry

We all make mistakes, I forgive you. Luckily I was too distracted to close the tab. My images aren't sorted so you can have this one.

You don't need to expose generics as part of your public ABI.

You mean like global and static variables?

>You mean like global and static variables?
That's slightly different.
Here is an example. Please tell me what the last line of this C++ code will print:
int a = 10;
fn(a);
std::cout

>Declarations only count when I do it!
a = 10;
fn(a);
std::cout

Is Anzu a her?

he's a she

if it pritns anything other than 10 it's shit language.

Girl (male)