Getting the first job

I'm doing my computer science bachelor and desu guys, I'm scared af. Just looking at potential jobs in the future........

> 3-7 years business experience.
> 90 % of all jobs-position require this.

Experience, experience, experience...

How is it even possible for someone just left university to get a job within the field? Should I prepare for something before I graduate?? Should I change education? What if I move??? Fluent in korean if I want to work in south-korea?

Guys, help.

kill yourself

Get an internship, do some work/experiment outside of class with tech that interests you.

Don't be our current interns that don't even know what load balancing is and take 3 months to do what only takes 2-3 weeks.

intern from day one even if you know shit-all, you'r expected to know shit all

have side projects, a varied portfolio might be good to show off

ause it shows proactivity and good workplace cooperation.
oh and what might work (but only if you have the social skills AND computer skills) is to ask random non-csci departments at your uni if they or any of their PhD students need any solutions. Very often they actually do need something ridiculously simple (database etc) that always looks nice on your CV even if it's completely unrelated to what you'll be doing bec

>How is it even possible for someone just left university to get a job within the field?
Its called entry level job, start low and move up like everyone else.

>wanting to be a wagecuck

listen to

you DID get an internship prior to graduating right?

I did not even study CS and I got a "programmer" internship. I even neglected to mention my experience/knowledge during my interview; I just made a lot of eye contact and after ~20 minutes I knew I was getting the job.

this made me lol

Which programming language is the most practical to know?
I learn a little bit basic Java at school.

I have heard many good things about C++?
Can that be impressive on the CV?

>most practical
all of them

it's all about using the right tool for the right job
i'm not going to make a 3d game in java, i'm going to use c++ with an engine like unreal
i'm not going to write a basic win32 app in go, i'm going to use .net

learn a lot and just apply the best tool for the job.

if you dont turn internship options in the summer you either chose the wrong school or are lazy

if you arent turning job offers when graduating you either chose the wrong school or are dumb as fuck

you can start by not trying to spend your time fitting in here acting like a fucking tool

Sounds logical and great. I'm someone that really enjoy having a "favorite language", it should help me greatly in understanding other languages. but some basic knownledge about everything is good and nice and all I suppose.

Look for computer companies in or near college towns. They will accept you with no experience.

Do Google's Code Jam. You just have to participate in Round 1, and then they'll call you up and get you started with an interview. At least that's what happened with me; I was surprised.

The same what you get work with any degree. Connections.

If you weren't born with them then do internships and make people like you until you make your own.

Gotta apply anyway OP

>How is it even possible for someone just left university to get a job within the field
Internships
Failing that, stop trying to get into a senior developer position or whatever-the-fuck you're applying for hoping for your "300k starting!!!" salary.
Be willing to work for shit money for a little while.

boy just give em a firm handshake

confidence will get you very far. got me an internship and i know fuck all after 2 years of cs.

also important to be willing and able to learn quickly.

kys summerfaggot

Get an internship before you graduate. Why? Because companies don't hire graduated interns. Check the job postings. If you've graduated, they want fuck all to do with you.

Go work for a startup.

Taking upper level cs and math classes I can tell you that talking in complete sentences and showering puts you ahead of the herd

>barely passed highschool
>not brainlet, spent time gitting gud at computer
>'hmm everyone says college is gud I guess I should go and maybe I can meet super smart people'
>'ok,no'
>no degree
>get job at place
>six figure salary
>no debt
>not even 20

jesus christ normies really have no idea how easy it can be
I don't fucking know how to respond when normies complain about college debt
like damn you're just fucking stupid I'm sorry but its the only way you end up with debt, its pretty obvious college is a scam, if I had stayed I still would have gone almost free because I chose community college. How much easier can it get?