Does anyone have a good reason why phones were allowed to film in 9:16?

Does anyone have a good reason why phones were allowed to film in 9:16?
You can very easily turn the phone to watch whatever 16:9 video, and that would have been the standard if they'd just locked out filming unless the phone was horizontal. Anyone?

Because then niggers who want to film vertical wouldn't buy the phone you stupid nigger, welcome to capitalism

>Because then niggers who want to film vertical
I doubt they even know what that meant when they bought the phone.
If it was advertised as looking like shit on every other screen in the world, it would be listed under 'con' rather than 'pro' I feel

I guess this place really is full of phoneposters. What a shame

There's nothing really wrong with filming in portrait format. It depends on the subject. They are call "portrait" and "landscape" formats for a reason you know. If you're just filming one or two people then portrait format is better, while if you want to film a wider area with multiple people in it then landscape will be the better choice.

I use my phone exclusively in landscape mode.
My eyes are horizontal so it makes sense.
Fuck portrait mode and fuck web devs who break landscape browsing (99% of them)

>I take photos exclusively in portrait format because my eyes are horizontal.
This is how stupid you sound. Do you also only read books if they're printed in landscape format?

Sometimes I want to film something that is more vertically aligned than horizontal.

What I am more concerned about is that my DSLR won't record video in portrait even though when I take photos in portrait it is captured portrait.

*exclusively in landscape format

My phone is the same width as an average paperback when in landscape orientation.

>t. normie who buys biggest, most expensive phones because Jews and shills claim bigger=better

Nah, cheap chinese thing with a yuge battery, ulefone power. You seem upset about something.

So it's an eyesight issue? You could just increase the font size instead.

And get 4 words per line? No thanks.

Just like how photographs shouldn't be taken in anything other than 3:2 or 4:3? Hurr

Why does it matter how many words there are per line? When you switch to landscape it zooms the page automatically, so you will still get the same amount of text as you would if you kept it in portrait and increased the font size.

Do you rotate your screens to portrait?

Yeah if I'm viewing portrait format content.

I thought you were a meme user who buys big applel or samsung phones, so yes i was angry.

I have an old galaxy s3 that I use for an alarm clock if it makes you feel any better. I didn't buy it though.

>Just like how photographs shouldn't be taken in anything other than 3:2 or 4:3?
Now this I definitely agree with. 3:2 is the best ratio.

>Le vertical is bad mamay
90% of the captured footage on a smartphone is garbage and useless, this will never affect you personally and it never has, the words coming out of your are not yours, this might as well be a robot, please stop trying to fit in, you do not belong and that's beautiful by itself.

What about 2:3?

>Fuck web devs who break landscape browsing (99% of them)
Holy shit this. You can't even browse shit on your phone everything is fucking huge and split up so you must scroll like crazy even on smaller sites.

Kek

>ITT: normies who don't have a secondary monitor set up in portrait mode for coding

You've outed yourselves, portrait haters.

Because you can, but you don't have to.
Everyone did it, if you phone didn't, well, that would have been a disadvantage.

milk actually gives a pretty low amount of absorb able calcium

This is a pretty high quality joke.

>coding
Lamo faggot get a real job.

Also fine.

But it's portrait.

lel

2:3 is just 3:2 rotated, so it's fine.

So it's okay to film in portrait as long as you crop the image to 2:3?

>Sup Forums on monitors
>REEEEEE NORMIES 16:9 WHEN A TALL, NARROW SCREEN IS MORE SUITED TO HUMAN VISION
>Sup Forums on videos
>REEEEEE NORMIES PORTRAIT SCREEN I WANT 16:9

really activates your almonds

Good thing he doesn't have a stomach or intestines.

>a board is one person
End yourself

Premium meme

Better question...
Why the fuck do phones need to rotate the screen in order to play video?
If you can make a video player, you can check the resolution of the video.
You can compare this with the resolution of the screen.
When you have that, picking the right rotation is easy.
I will NEVER want to watch a video on a small screen with 90% of the screen being black borders.
I don't think any human would.
The only excuse for rotating the video the wrong way is if you show something else on the screen.
But every video player has the option for some reason to view the video in "fullscreen" mode where it is rotated the wrong way.

I don't have any hope for android, it have been shit for so many years and no competent programmer is involved with the project.
I can only assume all android developers use iphones at this point.

The idiotic screen rotation is just one of the many things that bug me on a daily basis.

People will buy phones with no fucking headphone jack. Not being able to make shitty vertical videos won't stop anyone.

>>>/reddit/

Documents are in portrait mode.
Videos are in landscape mode.
Images can be either.

>Hold gun side ways when shooting
>Film in portrait mode
Niggers

>t. 白豚

we have anime too you snowflake.

Going to start doing that with ffmpeg.