/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Nokia smartphones with Zeiss optics are coming back to market
androidauthority.com/hmd-nokia-zeiss-camera-tech-partnership-784937/

Samsung's new Galaxy J5 Pro is Galaxy J5 (2017) with better RAM and storage
gsmarena.com/samsungs_new_galaxy_j5_pro_is_galaxy_j5_2017_with_better_ram_and_storage-news-26007.php

LG Q6 will be unveiled on July 11
gsmarena.com/lg_q6_will_be_unveiled_on_july_11-news-26024.php

Huawei Mate 10 to come in October with edge-to-edge screen
gsmarena.com/due_in_the_fall_the_huawei_mate_10_will_have_an_edgetoedge_screen-news-26022.php

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 benchmark listing confirms Snapdragon 835 SoC, 6GB RAM
gsmarena.com/alleged_xiaomi_mi_mix_2_benchmark_listing_confirms_snapdragon_835_soc_6gb_ram-news-26038.php

Deal: Newegg offers the Honor 8 64GB with accessory bundle for just $319.99
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Newegg-offers-the-Honor-8-64GB-with-accessory-bundle-for-just-319.99_id95716

Moto E4 review: For the price, it's hard to argue
androidpolice.com/2017/07/05/moto-e4-review-price-hard-argue/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Android/comments/6ftg72/want_to_completely_disableuninstall_those_pesky/
gsmarena.com/nokia_130-6570.php
dxomark.com/Mobiles/OnePlus-5-review-A-serious-shooter
ting.com/
usmobile.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Zuk Z2 is a worthless piece of shit. Better off getting a Xiaomeme

I remember /spg/ was singing praise for it not long ago, what happened?

That was just a single ZUK shill

Is there any Sup Forums client for iOS?

I think nothing happened. Just anyone can post on spg and there's a lot of hate towards zuk in other generals like csg (because of the shills).
I own a xiaomeme and i've gifted a cuck z2 to my gf and both work without a problem. But i've seen a lot of people having bad experiences with the z2 so It really depends on who you ask.

The Chan

X compact for 270 euros.

It comes with carrier apps preinstalled but is not locked which means I can use any sim card I want. If I want to get rid of the carrier apps, would it be possible to flash the stock Sony ROM?

Not unless you sideload via xcode and a MacBook.

Yes, flashing the stock ROM should get rid of the carrier apps. You could also give this a try:

reddit.com/r/Android/comments/6ftg72/want_to_completely_disableuninstall_those_pesky/

iphone 4 user here looking to upgrade
what recommend?

i'll pay no more than 600 aussie dollars for a phone you can get fucked

OP3T

Flashing the stock ROM won't void the warranty I assume? The bootloader should know the Sony keys, right?

any aussie retailers selling?

what is the best phone i could get under 200 aud? chinkphones or normal, i don't really care.

Nokia 6, coming in late July.

It won't. Yes.

Redmi Note 4X

OP3T or S7? Both refurbished, gotta save those quiderinos.

What happened to the guy making these smartphone buying guides?

Where S7 wins:
Camera
Display
Expandable storage
Water resistance
Wireless charging

Where OP5 wins:
Software
Performance
Battery life
Faster charging
USB-C
Durability (metal vs glass back)
Easier to unlock bootloader, more custom ROMs

*OP3T, not OP5

>Horrible camera (even by budget phone standards)
> terrible screen
> Shitty QC. Ended up with a defective phone twice
> Terrible custom ROM support. ZUI is a piece of shit
>Lenovo voids warranty for unlocking bootloader

Xiaomi Redmi 4X or Note 4X?
For some reason Note 4X is slightly cheaper over here.
Are plastic parts of Note noticeable?

Safari

Redmi Note 4X is better than the regular Redmi 4X

Go with a OnePlus 3T and live a life of true phone happiness

iPhone 7 Plus

Op3t over the S7 every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I heard only difference is plastic parts on sides, better camera lenses and bigger screen.
I just never had a big screen phone before, not sure if there is a point having it this huge.
very funny

fuck, I meant 4X Prime (Pro)

Ah, in that case there's not much difference between the two, other than what you already said.

What's the best phone I could get under ~$300? It would have to have a great price/performance ratio and be phablet sized. It would have to work with 4G LTE in the US, so fuck chinkphones I guess

How many times are you going to ask this same question? Just fucking buy a phone already

I see. It's just my old HTC Incredible S dying slowly, constant freezes, reboots, etc. so I'm looking for replacement.
Wasn't looking at mobile phone scene for 6+ years, it confuses the shit out of me now.
Seems like Xiaomi is way to go after quick research, tho if you have any other recommendation on this price point - I welcome those.

The Chan

I don't know which man

I may just get an HTC 10 - is there anything else for me to consider?

budget/country/wanted features?

USA, same as

Well if you can get a HTC 10 under $300 it's probably your best choice

Do you know any vendor that could sell it for ~$250? Kimovil is blank

Rate my new phone: gsmarena.com/nokia_130-6570.php

shitty 3310 knockoff, Nokia lost their hold imo

How is it a 3310 knockoff? Or is every dumbphone a 3310 knockoff to you?

Nothing happened, just a swarm of Xiaomi shills from/ /csg/.

Ignore them and their shitty malfunctioning phones.

thank you user, I was going to say the same. The new 3310 is awful, can you explain to me for what do you need a camera with 2 mp?

Are you going to take a shitty photo with that camera?

It's worthless having a camera like that.

A more accurate pic

Is the S6 also good in this day and age?

Sprint is selling it for $240

Not really, the battery is shit

>Nokia with Zeiss coming back

fucking great

Is the LG G5 any good?

Too bad Microsoft now owns all the PureView related tech so we probably won't be seeing that in the new Nokias (unless M$ would be willing to license it out)

It's a good phone for $250

Which is better: the LG G5 or the HTC 10? is there anything better than these two for the same price/less?

The ocean life would've been great if it had a bigger battery

Not that I know of. They're 2016 flagships so they're still great phones

which one between the two is better? I don't do much, gaming at most

HTC 10

DXOmark review for the Oneplus 5 is out, it got a score of 87
dxomark.com/Mobiles/OnePlus-5-review-A-serious-shooter

hope so I go about trying to get bestbuy to price match the g5 plus 64gb with ads on Amazon to get ad free one in bestbuy?

do I just show em the price of the lock screen ads and hope they're retarded and don't notice?

Should I buy the vodafone smart v8?

I can get it for 150€.

I'll sell my shitty Wiko for 90€ soon

also if they don't price match it, what's a decent phone for $250 that works on us cellular with lte

Specs are actually pretty decent for that price. I say go for it.

What's the cheapest I could get a HTC 10 for?

I don't want to deal with any more phone contracts, what do you guys use? Has anyone tried either of these?

ting.com/

usmobile.com/

The only one worht it is kogan

It's around $400 new on eBay and Amazon. If you're fine with buying used you should be able to find one under $300

He got the aids

Is there anything newer that could be bought under $300 with the features/build quality of a flagship?

For just a few sheckles more you can get a like new OnePlus 3T off ebay

Haven't used any of those. I use T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan. Coverage is good in Nj.

oy vey goyim I can't waste me shekels on used shite tell me a good vendor around ~$300 and we're sold

For $300 you can get a like new LG v20. I'm reading that they solved the bootloop issue and there's a version that is super easy to get root access to

What app so you lads use to browse the web on Android?
I used Chrome but it doesn't block ads and Firefox with uBlock Origin is slow. I'm trying Firefox Focus now and it seems alright.

Link to a specific seller?

Femanon here. Any news on the update to the iPhone SE? Will they release a new version this year?

I heard of it, but i read that it's no longer available.

No one knows, but I'd say it's it's more likely than not that we see a new SE this year.

explain to me how being a femanon holds any relevance to your post.
>tits or gtfo

Does US Cellular allow BYOP?

This guy gets it! Let's see those sweater puppies since they're the only value you have in yourself

I'm worried about the v20. Anything better than it possibly with a market average less than $300?

Just get the LG G5 and then kill yourself

>this new trend of phones without physical buttons on the front
fucking end it, its awful.

help me /SPG/

I have been trying to decide on a phone for months

It has to be less than 200 bucks and ship to the EU.

I was thinking either Motorola Moto E4 or Huawei Honor 6X. Thoughts? Any better phones you know of in that price range?

I made my own thread..

Redmi Note 4 Global

the entire brand of LG seems suspicious to me after the bootloop incident. Anything like the G5 that performs better for less/the same price?

Was tempted to get a Huawei until I saw that stupid home button. Instead of three different navigation buttons, they combined home, app switcher, back, and fingerprint into one button.

did you have any trouble with chinkshit phones? software or hardware related? kinda scared but its only ~140 bucks, amazing price for what it does

iPhone SE best smartphone.

Ehh, I have it on my Moto G5 and it actually works pretty well.

It's just as much a chinkphone as the Huawei Honor 6X and the Lenovo Moto E4.

Tell me a chinkshit that works with 4G LTE carriers in the US - with most features on the flagships of today (NFC, good cameras, etc.) The screen also needs to be more than 5 inches

Have the moto z play at the moment. Any good phone with similar battery (or slightly worse, i guess) and good camera and good software? Would prefer if I can root/has active dev community

Was looking at the OP5, but doesn't seem like the camera is the best. Any suggestions?

Huawei Mate 9

I'm planning on buying a G6 to use on AT&T in the next day or two, schedule permitting.
My contract has been for the line and data only as I bought my current phone at retail because it saved me $200+ over what would've been the leasing option. I like most of the features of the G6, but the camera isn't as good as the S8 and this iteration of the G series removed the IR Blaster, which I made excessive use of on my G2. These being my biggest hang-ups, how would I go about negotiating the price of the G6, or do I push for them to throw in a few things like a case/screen protector?

>tl;dr, help me negotiate a decent deal on a G6

Fucken 'ell mate is there something like that but around $300

Dude you're requiring a lot of hand holding that could be solved with a little bit of google and self initiative

Not to mention seeing the hammer and sickle over the US makes me want you to buy a note 7 and let it explode against your face

How is the x compact? So far I am liking everything about it and its definitely better than the piece of shit phone I have now. Should I go for it, wait till the new one comes out in a couple months, or are Sony phones a waste of money in general?