Hi user, my laptop with AMD A12 just made hist last breath, and I'm dead broke

Hi user, my laptop with AMD A12 just made hist last breath, and I'm dead broke.

I can get a E8500+4Gb RAM configuration for like $80, will it be enough for web?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8500-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965/m13vs606
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8500-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-975/m13vsm3020
youtube.com/watch?v=FJw8aSxEFwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. High resolution video streaming might be hit or miss depending on your choice of browser though.

What about Phenom X4 975? Is it better or worse?

X4 975 is better in every possible way than an E8500. cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8500-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965/m13vs606

Oh fug wrong link. cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8500-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-975/m13vsm3020

>will it be enough for web?
10 year old laptop here. It should be okay.
protip: addons like umatrix/noscript are your friend here, you can make a lot of websites run normally if you disable dumb hindu hipster bullshit scripts that do absolute fuck-shit.

E8200+4GB RAM here, it's plenty for any web stuff, and even full HD videos.

One thing that doesn't work very well is 720p youtube @60fps. Downloaded runs just fine, but from the web browser not really

Well, I don't watch youtube in fullscreen anyway, so 480p is enough for me.

Thanks.

I'm sure you could probably pick up an older chromebook on ebay or perhaps a newer one around $100.

Sure it may even be less powerful but one would expect C2D's to start crapping out a lot soon (more so motherboards / power supplies) than the actual processors.

At this point you should just get a Bulldozer.

If only I could. I live in Russia, so buying it on ebay would cost me +$100.

youtube.com/watch?v=FJw8aSxEFwQ

You're going to have issues with multimedia playing/streaming at HD resolutions and the modern web is also going to cause some issues. Everything else should be fine, however.

If you want a performance comparison with whatever you're buying the CPU model I'm talking about is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz.
2G of memory and (unusable at this point) ati video card.
So I'm fairly sure anything you get for your 80 bucks will be considerably better.

It's an aging system and I plan to replace it within the next few months with something like a T420 because in general the device is in abysmal state. Gets me over 2 hours of battery life if used for text though.

Modern web really got slow and bloated, so sad.

>those prices
lol, just get a i7 920 instead

>Russia
That CPU will not run CS:GO well

Well, good for me, the only game I play sometimes is quake

>What about Phenom X4 975? Is it better or worse?

Get this instead of the E8500 or Chromebook or whatever.
An X4 975 will run 1080p60fps video and play games. Will browse web great.

Used an Phenom X4 955 + r9 270 2GB + 8GB RAM until last year as a gaming computer

Enough for almost everything Tbh

>Phenom
Housefire that performs worse than bulldozer

>slave

What?

Interestingly enough the E8500 when moderately OC'd does fairly well even today.

You'll fall behind on instructions and cores though.
You'll manage to find one for like $10 instead of $80 though if you look.

yup, i use my E8400 + 4gb of ram to watch 1080p 10-bit HEVC files without any issue.

Used Optiplexes with I5 2400 are like 50$ on e-bay

Max comfy too.