/cosg/ - CloverOS GNU/Linux

CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current LiveCD: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170706/CloverOS-x86_64-20170706.iso
Github: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros
Package count: 2432 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: uswest.cloveros.ga useast.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros

CloverOS GNU/Linux is scripts that creates a Gentoo image and a packages repo (Binhost) that contains unique USE flags and CFLAGS. It aims to be a fast, poetterfrei, lightweight out of the box desktop.
Updates: New default .twmrc, laptop volume/brightness buttons works via xbindkeys, urxvt has clickable links
Github readme might have the solution to your problem
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Video: my.mixtape.moe/qsmcje.mp4

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/60764569
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/commits/master
raw.githubusercontent.com/chiru-no/cloveros/master/livecd_build.sh
liquorix.net/sources/4.9/config.amd64
cloveros.ga?
cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros#what-makes-cloveros-different
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/tree/master/etc/portage
raw.githubusercontent.com/chiru-no/cloveros/master/var/lib/portage/world)
github.com/install-logos/ricedb
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does this use busybox?

If not, it probably should

It's vanilla Gentoo, so no. It should be easy to edit the livecd script though.

thanks

gf and me tried it, we love it!
gf on the right, me on the left

Why should I use CloverOS if I can just use Gentoo?

CloverOS is just using Gentoo

Well it has binary packages from what I understand

It seems that the audio output isn't working. I tried using Alsamixee to see if the volumes for my laptop are nit muted. The only listings are HDA ATI HDMI and HD-Audio Generic. Both of which do nothing when I try to adjist the volume.

You can use the binary packages in any other Gentoo

echo -n "defaults.pcm.card 1\ndefaults.ctl.card 1" > ~/.asoundrc

No luck. I did my updates to double check. Still can't hear from my laptop speakers or headphones.

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is my setup.

It put the HDMI audio as card 0 (and therefore dault) for some reason. Making the defaults card 1 fixed it.

Maybe post yours or try Googling. Maybe you need to restart the program so it'll reload the alsa settings.

s/dault/default/

>animeshit

I am doing something wrong here.

Show me alsamixer looks like without ~/.asoundrc

Make sure there's two devices.

Open ~/.asoundrc with nano and ensure it looks like

defaults.pcm.card 1
defaults.ctl.card 1

This is why people use pulse audio

dmix > pulse

Time to install on my Surface Pro 4.

I'll post results of how unsupported it is soon.

Fixed it. Config was literally blank. Thanks user.

1 month anniversary of CloverOS

warosu.org/g/thread/60764569

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/commits/master

Senpai, is possible to use the AUR on CloverOS? If yes, how? I love pacman and I'll try your based OS now.

>it is the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums as well as a message on Tox about a link on Sup Forumstracker and praise Stallman for this blessing

Wrong distro cutie.

>Not a weeb
Hi, go to hell

>3D shit
>>>/reddit/

cloveros.ga uploaded: 121.96 GiB | github.com uploaded: 2553 isos

almost there my dude

Fucking ebin.

Wow!
You're both very cute!

it's the future now

Does it use genkenel or what

Bump

saw you spamming rizon earlier, hope you get killed and your sub par weeb distro maintainers have their image repo hacked.

Why can't you get this OS running on 32-bit CPUs?

footfag get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait a minute. Does CloverOS support 32bit (x86) CPU?

ikr, fuck me for having T60. I just wanted to have a easy way to gentoo instead of installing gentoo again to a separate machine.

someone tell me what the difference is between this and normal gentoo. I see no real difference besides meme. What am I missing?

Install gentoo and you will find out.

raw.githubusercontent.com/chiru-no/cloveros/master/livecd_build.sh

You can get normal Gentoo by wiping your home directory, removing the last few lines in /etc/portage/make.conf and unmerging everything. But even without that it's still normal Gentoo.

So ... there is no difference?

The kernel is built with genkernel. The binary on github is exactly the same as

emerge gentoo-sources genkernel
wget liquorix.net/sources/4.9/config.amd64
genkernel --luks --lvm --zfs --kernel-config=config.amd64 all

md5 probably matches

Well it doesn't take a few days to install.

you get free tech support from /cosg/

>not using funtoo

>downstream of a downstream

>superior
fixed that for you

install gentoo

So does this shit work with UEFI yet or what

Installer doesn't detect iti yet

This is by far the worst desktop environment I have ever tried.

twm?

We need more tiddy clover wallpapers.

fuck I keep making patchy wallpapers

I like the twm desktop environment.

Can i install it as calculate linux? The c flags looks absolute madman.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

You mean just replacing the Calculate repo with cloveros.ga? I don't see why not.

You have to compile the modules. Go to /usr/src/linux and sudo make menuconfig. Good luck have fun.

Installing from live cd as a source/binary based hybrid. Some package shouldn't be compiled anyway.

what even is this "distro"? an install script for gentoo? why not use sabayon?

>sabayon
>every addition over gentoo by the sabayon team segfaults or infinite-loops instead of even starting up

CloverOS has binaries, ~2500 of them.

Sabayon is a fucking mess. CloverOS is Gentoo.

after the install reboot it says failed to load COM32 file chain.c32 so wat do

Take out the usb

So how does this whole binary meme work? Is there a package manager/repositories? Where can I find which applications have binary packs made (I need ibus)?

Working on a conky alternative.

Package count: 2432 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html

Just added ibus to repo.

Was the menubar finally fixed in arc-kde?

so what's the appeal of this?

>github.com/chiru-no/cloveros#what-makes-cloveros-different
>CloverOS is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and includes commonly used software.
>It's as close to default Gentoo as possible, with all of the configuration made in /etc/portage/make.conf, unlike other Gentoo-based distros. The scripts can be used to install it to hard drive, generate a LiveCD and create the CloverOS repo. It's very easy to modify the bash script to make your own Gentoo livecd. In short: CloverOS is Gentoo.
>The CloverOS repo is built with custom CFLAGS for optimum performance, and the USE flags are configured for desktop use. There's some dotfiles in the home directory by default to save time. Packages are built with the newest GCC features such as Ofast, Graphite and LTO. I don't see any other distro putting in the effort of utilizing them, so I took it upon myself to ensure the latest breakthroughs in compiler tech doesn't go unused.
>If you use Gentoo, you'll probably come to a similar conclusion as CloverOS (package.use, installed packages). The original goal was to be similar to CrunchBang, but with Gentoo.

Gentoo
Speed
No Poettering
Best package manager
Low RAM usage
Minimal

okey

h e a l t h y

Serious question, what's the point of CloverOS repos, if it is just an OOTB Gentoo, do we have a security advisory or something similar (I'm not distrusting Sup Forums, but from what happened to Tox due to CIA/NSA niggers are able to tamper it)?

What's the point of it if we have Calculate Linux?

Literally nothing happened to tox
>>>/tumblr/

Calculate Linux has a lack of packages and it's still less Gentoo than CloverOS.

The point of the packages is to not repeat CPU intensive stuff across devices, and to have optimized binaries.

One can read this: raw.githubusercontent.com/chiru-no/cloveros/master/livecd_build.sh

And then build their own CloverOS repo by copying over github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/tree/master/etc/portage
Then do emerge $(curl -s raw.githubusercontent.com/chiru-no/cloveros/master/var/lib/portage/world)
and then run quickpkg --include-unmodified-config=y "*/*"

The binaries themselves should match checksum (or binary compare) but the packages may not because of file dates. That's basically how you audit it

whats the mirage program on the new .twmrc menu

>>CloverOS is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and includes commonly used software.
>doesn't have systemd or other service bloat

>USE="-kde -gnome -systemd -pulseaudio -libav -avahi -zeroconf -openal -gstreamer -qt3support -qt4 -multilib -nls -doc bindist ipv6 minimal jpeg gif png offensive zsh-completion custom-cflags custom-optimization cpudetection threads aio smp nptl lto graphite pgo numa cxx alsa opengl glamor vaapi vdpau xvmc"
>-systemd

What happened to LogOS?
Also can we support this, the idea was cool, but I guess the execution failed.
github.com/install-logos/ricedb

Image viewer

Can I use this with no previous Gentoo experience?
I'm an Arch user and I can manage to learn.

Yes. Also check out github.com/chiru-no/cloveros

>-systemd
>-

lol fug sorry, im still new to gentoo

what for? xfe already has a file viewer. plus feh is already available

>comes with firecuck, urxmemet and cancerzilla
>no neovim
Come on, step it up!

Xfi does comics well. No zip support though. Not sure if I should include mcomix... probably not.

It already has a text editor

might as well have some internet radio program instead. would like to listen to chiru.no when I'm compiling shit.
cloverOS aims to get vim plebs used to emacs

Emacs is a joke desu senpai. Neovim is like vim except better, and vim is infinitely better than emacs.