Don't buy Nvidia

>get new laptop
>have bizarre diagonal screen tearing I've never seen before in my life
>do research
>apparently it's an issue exclusive to mobile Nvidia GPUs and has been around for years
>there is no fix. You just have to deal with it.

What the fuck? I thought Nvidia was supposed to be better?

>mobile nvidia gpu

Yeah I better listen to you, you seem like a smart person.

>meme wars 2
you have to go back

You need to limit your fps to be smaller or equal to your displays refresh rate. That "fixed" it for me anyway

Had the same issue with X and intel. Wayland is nice.

>Buying gaymer laptops in 2017

>nvidia
They cuck you into NOT being able to use PCI passthrough. So yeah, I'd never buy their garbage.

yeah I just got a 950m and found this same issue :v disable vsync and use nvidia inspector to limit fps to 59.976. limiting fps seems to give me some input lag though reee

you can you retarded sack of nigger shit with down syndrome
if you can't figure it out go back to
>>>/india/

We can do those arrows to slick. Now fuck off back to your containment board.

>I thought Nvidia was supposed to be better?
In what universe?
Also
>laptop
You had it coming

*too

>you just have to deal with it

Just return it to the store. Or do you live in one of those shithole country where consumers have no rights?

>buy rx 480 for 200€+doom game
>sell rx 480 for 320€
>buy Nvidia 1070
>1440p gaming everything works

>diagonal screen tearing
That's hilarious.

Back to plebbit with you newfag

>picture is still buffered via the integrated card even when using the dedicated one
>tearing like a motherfucker cause no syncing
nvidia optimus sucks ass, just take a look at that the bumblebee folks had to do to make it even decent
and you come here to complain after you made the free choice to buy a laptop because you saw the novidia logo on the box? its your fault, dumb nigga

MacBook Pro with nvidia doesn't have this issue, just sayin.

Yeah but then you have a Macbook.

>get gtx660 in 2012
>heavy load almost every day for 5 years
>still work fine in 07/2017
buy nividia guys

See how stupid you sound?

Sweet

I can't releate

working on asus with 970m for 2 years straight (3d, cad, rendering, photoshop, videos) and never experiened any issues

Is this a real thing? I've never heard of it

>single graphic card
thats not how modern laptops work, the problem arises from using both cpu integrated one and an novidia one together. gayvidia solution was to keep the integrated one on at all times and buffer the output picture produced by their hardware through the integrated one, which is a pile of horse shit
also this

I have the same problem, however only on Windows and only with some games.
On Linux with properly set DRM on proprietary driver, there is no tearing at all.

Unfortunately, there is no laptop alternative if you want some modern performance.

I've got a 1070 in my laptop and it doesn't have this issue at all (120hz built in screen).

Shitty Acer with 860m, no problems whatsoever.

>switched out my opensuse leap for tumbleweed
>mfw dat wayland support

It's nice to see this shit finally becoming something more than a wet dream.

I once bought 650 Ti Boost, it teared each frame in ~50 px wide stripe which was teared itself randomly with Vsync enabled.

what the fuck

> :v
Fucking kill yourself disgusting pig

If the problem was universal Nvidia would fix it or we would have a thread about it on front page at any time indefinitely.

Every AMAD in this thread is a moron

>Gaming laptop
You deserve it.