Intel blown the fuck out

Intel blown the fuck out.

semiwiki.com/forum/content/6879-exclusive-globalfoundries-discloses-7nm-process-detail.html

Intel has no advantage with its fabs.

No density advantage.
No low power advantage.
No high frequency advantage.
No cost advantage.

The fab have never been as close to each other as they will be in 2018.

>cpp 56nm
>mmp 40nm
top kek, intel has nothing to be worried about it seems

Yeah, ignore the rest.

I like how they are all quite similar but intel are he only one saying they are on a 10nm node.

still leading the way with geting product out the door it seems either way, good that so many fabs are catching up.

Don't forget slower than 14nm ! :)

>still leading the way with geting product out the door it seems either way,
I like the fact that 10nm products are only releasing in Q1 2018 and low power mobile ones at that.

they've had cannon lake deives out for months

In spirit? Because there's no retail silicon anywhere.

nvm, seems the ces demo laptop was a proto.

>q1 2017 risk production
>products only a year later
>that mask complexity
Lmao, the yields must be Fermi-tier even on

>that mask count on Intel's 10nm
JUST
And they don't even offer 6T SRAM.
And no EUV in the near future.

RIPtel

Metal pitch and poly pitch for GloFo's 7nm are slightly trailing intel's 10nm+ process, but total cell area is still lower, GloFo has denser SRAM now, and there is a very significant difference in vmin which is quite telling of the processes' electrostatic characteristics.
GloFo is first offering their 7nm DUV process, then the following year they will bring in EUV which will further reduce area and characteristics like drive voltage and off current.

On all fronts this 7nm EUV FinFET process is denser, higher performance, and lower complexity than what intel has developed. Its quite the industry shake up. Global Foundries doing well is something of a rare sight. Their CEO was spot on when he stated that foundries were about to enter the golden age of semi conductor production.

>7nm Zen2
>7nm EUV Zen3
>7nm Navi GPUs

what a time to be alive

call me when AMD can produce a CPU with better single-core performance than a DS

>It's an "everyone but Intel lies about their process node" episode
>It's an "everyone is a year behind Intel episode"
>It's an "EUV is a dead end that will ruin GloFo and TSMC" episode

Its another "I have no idea what I'm actually talking about but I'll vehemently defend intel for some inane reason" post

It's a
>Slower than 14nm episode

Hi Brian! Why your 10nm node clocks lower than 14nm node?

GlobalFoundries has only access to 14LPe and 14LPP. The Globalfoundries 14nm+ node is HPP. Not to be confused as a better version of 14HP, which is SOI FinFETs. 14HPP which is Bulk FinFETs and is basically 14LPP with 7LP-styled transistors, MOL, etc, and such has higher performance.
GlobalFoundries has only access to 14LPe and 14LPP. The Globalfoundries 14nm+ node is HPP. Not to be confused as a better version of 14HP, which is SOI FinFETs. 14HPP which is Bulk FinFETs and is basically 14LPP with 7LP-styled transistors, MOL, etc, and such has higher performance.

OOOOOOOOOOH SHIT

You're not funny.

i dont know what any of this means :(

FA=SVGFAS/)V UASGB(*=A

It means others have caught up and Intel doesn't have their foundries advantage anymore.

Don't worry all you need to know is that INTEL IS FINISHED

Please delete this antisemitic drivel

>A film by Lisa Su

>film by lisa su
lol

So the Pajeet-Kike War has begun, and the Chinks are waiting in the sidelines to take the scraps.

>Chinese UMC surpasses all other fabs
>they swear its not from IP theft
We all know its going to happen.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bump

proto's indeed.

I don't get why they feel the need to clock every next chip 100Mhz higher, we know it's the same goddamn chip, I'm not in the market for a furnace.