>but no integrated graphics

what happened here?

Let's not forget
>X299 mainboard prices

Nothing goy, what do you mean?

You're not funny.

Kike.

>x299
>can't use half the functions for this CPU not because of hardware limitation but because of artificial firmware/software limitation.

What place is this supposed to fill in the market?
Does it even make sense to have HEDT platforms lower than the i7-78 something-X?

None.

No reviewer knows why these CPU exist at all. Atleast from what I've heard/read so far, they do not recommend it as it has no place for its existence.

Intel are just shoving as many products onto the market as possible in the hope that you'll buy one. The idea behind these shitty quad cores is that you'll buy a $300 X299 motherboard and a $200 CPU, with the plan of upgrading to a part with more cores later. But that's fucking retarded.

So they're just trying to sell chipsets. Okay then.

On second thought, even the i7 78xx-X is pushing its luck.

You can avoid buggy HT at least.

if you don't want HT get the 7600K. There's no reason for the 7640K to exist.

SHUT UP

Intel has grown fat and lazy again, same thing that happened in the pentium 4 era with netburst.

get the fuck out newfag

You're not funny.

Get out newfag

New Intel processors are bad, and you know it.

We know this, everyone does. This one guy is being obnoxious, thats the problem

Or Ryzen for non-buggy SMT.

If it were soldered then it make sense as an enthusiast option. Pay more for better overclocking and no delidding. Unfortunately Intel cheaped out and used paste, making Kaby Lake X look like vanilla KL stapled onto 2066.

You again? Fuck off.

We need to invent a new term for this because "damage control" won't even cut it.
I mean, who would even buy this?

It might be for braindead fangoys for "muh future upgrade path!".

You mean the upgrade path where Intel will release x299v2 since their 1 x 8 pin cpu power connectors just don't cut it for 300watts+ cpus.