Web Design General?

rate my material meme register page.

Also, any ideas what to fill in that obvious white space? I don't wanna shrink it since it looks squished then.

Not enough whitespace

Add some money raining down with like a blue screen in front of it with opacity set to 50%

why is that shit in /login if I'm not logging in?!

Needs more animations.

>file extension .html
>not .htm

Decompile yourself.

yep. it could use some more breathing room there
otherwise looks nice to me. maybe make "Cashflow" a bit bigger and even change the font

Just put some kind of background, maybe animated.

Make the login form a little smaller vertically, the CTA looks a bit lost here. Is "terms of use" a link or not?

I'm the user yesterday that told you alpha in hex codes doesn't work.

Yeah, I changed my mind mid-development.
Should update that.

It will quite a few nice animations.

Is that a pyramid scheme website?

>any ideas what to fill in that obvious white space?
Reserve it for a captcha

I dislike the design overall maybe the most distracting is that there is barely any shadow to the right.

Besides this, there should be no file-extension in the url in the end anyways. /login should be enough.

Actually yeah, I'm planning a pyramid scheme type site, not bad.

and, yeah, I tought about recaptcha as well, will probably fill the whitespace enough,

Equalize the vertical whitespace from top of dialog, to top-of-button. Feels better

Not a bad idea user, OP you should look at flexbox here for vertical alignment.

Jesus, that actually looks good. If the captcha doesn't take up too much space, Ill use that.

or for a more backwards-compatible way:
push from top 50%
transformY: -50% (transforms relative to elements own size)

Flexbox works down to IE10 FYI, it has come a long way, even bootstrap uses flex as the main grid method now.

CSSGrid is the emerging light with no support now.

oh cool. didnt know IE10 supported flexbox.
theres also css grid, but that one is almost totally new. i also feel its overkill to use 2D layout constraints, when OP's design is linearly laid out

There are a few quirks but we've been using Flexbox internally for quite a while now. Search for "Flexbugs" for a git repo filled with known flex issues and workarounds.

>captcha
please don't

how do sites like alpha bay work without using javascript?

(i don't endorse alpha bay in any form, just curiously visited it and was suprised to see that it didn't need js)

Make a background of a nice image and give the ui a border

Have the iamge change randomly for each user

NIGGA, FUCKING EXISTS FOR A REASON, FUCK OFF.

active email > recaptcha

Material design is a botnet. And it looks shitty.

Does it work in a text-only browser?
If not, it is overdesigned and cancer.

>text-only browsers
fucking bloat. everything should be able to work as plain text files transferrable over usb sticks

>botnet as in "something I don't like"
fuck off with this shitty meme newfriends

Sorry, I like a balance between a good design and a leightweight page. And I make sure to keep my HTML as little bloated as possible. Text only isn't an option these days.

How can a design type be a botnet.. wat

So I changed the image so something more money related and added a thin, non distracting background image. Looks better now?

yes, but the photo with the happy rich guy is corny as fuck