ITT: Programming languages that NEED to die

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/java/comments/6lldus/apology_to_java_fanboy_rant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wew, the M$ .net shillers are out full force today

PHP and Perl.

>Let python babby can't into patrician languages

Anything else but C and Assembler. Web Assembly is a meme language and can DIAF too

Java, along with Oracle

>putting dollar signs before variable names

This but unironically

nice try microsoft.PAJEET

I agree with oracle but the Java open source community is amazing and will/should never die. I used to feel meh about Java but honestly I love spring boot

Yeh, good luck with that OP. Perhaps you need to stop whining like a bitch.

C++ need to gtfo

>I used to feel meh about Java
everyone who knows little about Java feel meh about it thanks to Microsoft marketing. that changes when they actually learn about it. this redditor is a perfect example:
reddit.com/r/java/comments/6lldus/apology_to_java_fanboy_rant/

ES6 is better than all the other popular dynamic languages (Python, Ruby, Perl and PHP) and has far better implementations. Add on Typescript and it's not even close.

The only dynamic languages better than ES6 are languages that nobody uses (Smalltalk, Scheme, Common Lisp, Clojure, Erlang etc.).

BASIC is still around

I have to edit .BBX files all the time

Shouldn't you be programming fizzbuzz in JavaScript, kid?

>ES6 is better than all the other popular dynamic languages (Python, Ruby, Perl and PHP)
Kek

Enjoy your toy language while it lasts

nice argument

all languages except Python must die!

>ES6 is better than all the other popular dynamic languages (Python, Ruby, Perl and PHP) and has far better implementations

PHP, definitely.
That shit is the number one reason for so many fucking hacks today.

Mainly because retarded people that own sites think they can just look for solutions on stackoverflow and DIY it without ever checking a thing.
There's never been a case where I haven't seen unsecure PHP on that shit site.

>having to format a string

Ruby

what the fuck kind of evil did JS do to you ?

Ruby is great, why would you want it to die?

>Programming languages that NEED to die

hmmmmm,
Let us C...

The language of your choice.

Whatever flavor of the month JS framework we're on.
Speaking of, what's the "newest" framework, anyway?

Rust, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Javascript, C#

lole yoo mad bro ii trol u

The most entertaining part of these Javascript conversations are the delusional retards that think Python is better than anything.

the languages i didn't learn

Perl and PHP for sure

I believe vue is now the hot new shit.

This

it's not a programming language, it's just for scripting
> someone made shit around it
FUCK

Would someone mind, in all seriousness, actually going into why they hate Javascript so much?

Also why you think people who build complex applications that happen to run on the web are somehow less of a programmer?

the type system is fucking trash there you go

C is for brainlets.

that man has the most swag i ever saw in my life.

>Web Assembly
>language

ha-ha-ha

Good choices.

typescript is shitty desu. besides I'd agree

it's actually great

Friendly reminder that Microsoft invented javascript server-side programming back in the 90s with Classic ASP + JScript.

Except that Dynamic Typing can often be very powerful and all it requires is you to not be a total idiot. Typing is literally the only thing I ever hear anyone say about JS

that's no true though. ISS 3.0 with ASP and JSscript was released in January 1997 while Netscape Enterprise Server has supported JS since late 1995/early 1996

Fuck me i hate JS
Spent a whole day at work figuring out that they changed the way for..in works.
They either changed it or its always been retarded, turns out I needed to use for..of
Literal autism. I can't think of another programming language that does this kind of stupid shit

you're the retard here if this took you more than 5 minutes to figure aut

2 characters out of place in a 200 line script isn't that easy to spot

well I guess it isn't if you can't into basic debugging

Had I known about this inconsistency I probably would have spotted it quite easily. But I had no clue that JS does this at the time so it dumbfounded me

read the docs next time you don't want to be surprised when using something you don't understand

I don't use JS that often, I was just asked to find out why the page wasn't working. It was somebody else's code

Also my point was that I can't think of another language that behaves that way with for..in loops

I understand. It indeed is pretty odd and violates the principle of least surprise, but then which language doesn't in some way

I guess that's what it means to be proficient in something. Knowing about all its dumb quirks and how to take advantage of its other features

>Except that Dynamic Typing can often be very powerful and all it requires is you to not be a total idiot.
Except for every dynamic typing solution there is a better, faster statically typed, ahead of time compiled solution.

>Typing is literally the only thing I ever hear anyone say about JS
You're pretty much deaf, aren't you?

>Varghese
Your great, great, great grandmother fucked a nigger! You're half eggplant!

>Anything else but C and Assembler
Nice the opinion of a true tryhard hacker babby