Is it true that Linus Torvalds uses Fedora?

Is it true that Linus Torvalds uses Fedora?

*tips fedora*

Yes.

He used to, on an old macbook.

He still does, but now on a XPS.

Why do you care ?

Who cares? What works best for him doesn't mean it will work best for you.

A better question would be who has upgraded to 4.12 so far, and how their experiences with it are?

No issues on my end, with a shitty 1st gen i3, 4GB DDR3 RAM Sony Vaio running Mint 18.2.

His keyboard has just a 1 and a 0.
He's so leet he can even make fedora werk.

Yes, like all people who actually get work done, he prefers a distro that's easy to install.

who cares what he uses? he's a C programmer

isn't he a red hat shareholder though
it's no coincidence he uses fedora

Maybe, but he previously criticized Debian for being too difficult to install (in 2007), so he clearly cares about that aspect:

>I’m sorry, you may want to close your ears now, I want a distribution to be easy to install, so that I can just get on with my life, which is mostly kernel.

I_cant_install_arch_the.jpg

I looked through the beginner guide, thinking I might try it out. Saw the part on "fdisk", and realized this was stupid. I was manually partitioning with fdisk in 1999. Why the fuck would I want to do it now?

Check the kernel mailing list as of right now he's not even using Linux he's using PC-BSD (i'm not even trolling).

>tfw too stupid to install Arch

he's also criticised opensuse for having retarded security policies like requiring sudo for all the things

no surprise that the guy that wants something to just werk uses a just werks distro like fedora/ubuntu

no need to be so defensive Linus. OP is just asking a simple question.

>Using arch
What a fucking joke.

Please don't bad mouth my father like that

Torvalds has become persona non grata ever since he defended Microsoft. Saying anything nice about him is forbidden on Sup Forums.

>WAHHHHHH I'm too stupid to install Arch so I'm gonna make and post shitty memes. WAHHHH
stay retarded friendo. keep on using that African-themed shit with millions of PPAs that break each other every time you update shit.

>millions of PPAs that break each other every time you update shit.

Never happens to me. Of course, we know Arch never breaks :^)

yes
he gets paid by red hat to use it

It's not really that hard to install arch. I can do it in less than 5 minutes using the install guide as a reference.

I bet you'dsay the same thing about FreeBSD if you ever used it.

Source?

I don't see shit captain

he definitely wears a fedora

>Check the kernel mailing list as of right now he's not even using Linux he's using PC-BSD (i'm not even trolling).
He'll soon move to macOS like the creator of GNOME did.

macOS > Loonix.

>Being this retarded

Don't want to use antiquated tools I mastered 19 years ago, probably while you were still shitting in diapers, means I'm a retard. Okay.

>if you don't use arch then you were too stupid to download it
>implying arch is hard to install
maybe some of us use the feature you neckbeards consider bloat?

victor wooten uses fodera

he would never admit he struggles with something but he's pretty clear that if it doesn't directly support kernel development, he doesn't use it.

Why would he need a hardened/optimized/chinkbook riced distro when he's reading pull requests and compiling kernels?

>Of course, we know Arch never breaks :^)
It doesn't, and hasn't in years. The "le arch is le brokey broke xD" meme was just something parroted by retarded kids who couldn't actually install it or configure their systems without a GUI holding their hand.

>it took 12 hours, but i think i finally got it installed
>oh god, what do i do now?! where is the software center icon?!

>oh god, what do i do now?! where is the software center icon?!

Yup, this is characteristic of all people who prefer easy installers and GUI tools for the basics. Like Linus Torvalds. What a retard, he should stop by Sup Forums sometime.

You can prefer whatever you want, just don't parrot stale memes because other people don't have issues with a cli installer. Doubly so when you're only using it to avoid getting around actually learning the workings of the operating system itself. It's Gadzooks/Lunatix not Windows. You don't have a support contract when something goes wrong.

>don't parrot stale memes

Like this one?

>millions of PPAs that break each other every time you update shit.

Yep, exactly like that one. About as stupid as the usual Arch memes.

Which is why I replied with an equally stupid assertion.

I want to see him on tour in Japan

That's great, but it doesn't invalidate anything I said.