indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally never heard of it in my life

github neckbeard fags out of my board

Not an argument

$500 for an underpowered computer with a tiny keyboard. no thanks

literally everything supports linux unless they try to not support iy

But does it support libreboot?

You k-know they are shit and hugely overpriced, right?

It's too expensive for what it has to offer. If it were 300$ I might buy it.

You can just buy an actual x220 for a third of the prics.

X200 supports libreboot and doesn't have a trackpad I have to disable. Its core 2 duo also doesn't have the ME. x200 is less botnet and better than the x220.

Sure

Hes right user.
T. Owns both

>chiclet keyboard
I'm not using this because it doesn't have an older version with a proper keyboard, unlike the thinkpad X2xx line.

I'd get one if a replacement IPS screen didn't cost as much as the rest of the laptop. As of now I already have an X220 and can't properly justify paying almost the same amount for a relatively small upgrade.

I could try selling the X220 but I like it, dangit. It's a good machine and I got a good deal on it, I'd be sad to just sell it off - and I can't really be bothered with the hassle of packaging it, sending it, dealing with ebay customers, etc.

Fuck, if it came with a decent screen already, I'd pay the £80 or so in a heartbeat.

CHINK
SHIT

Are you stupid?

>github
>neckbeard
>gtfo my Sup Forums
wew lad

So x200 is a good buy for no botnet? What other models are good for it?

Ya with a tn panel with a third of the pixels and a third of the viewing angle

Anything under 13 inches and all the girls will be laughing at you, breh

Where can I buy one?

>girls
Ew.
You realize where you are?

Just get the x200t. It's got the better screen for the price if you don't want to shell out extra to upgrade the panel yourself.

he's correct though

Same argument can be made for bsd, and look at driver support for that

New hardware and certain peripherals have terrible support, I had to buy a new wireless adapter for my laptop to use Linux on it

why do I keep seeing this meme

Bro, there is a calculator that runs Linux: Nspire CAS CX

I am an engineer, I don't have sex with anyone.

I want it.

I wish more thing like this existed.

Mine ships from GeekBuying tomorrow.

T/X60, X200, T400, T/W500. Check the libreboot website for supported CPUs and screens, I think there was an issue with a certain T60 screen but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

What are my options if I want something very very small but I can still connect to an external display?
I don't need it to be high end hardware, I just need it to display presentations and such.
Appealing concept, but too expensive.

I got an actual x220, Im gud

I was going to buy one then I found out linux support was not even finished and it barely functions without W10.

Why not X230?

Modern day X220 is the X1 gen2

X230 is the blight on the X2 series

Get a low-end sbc like a Raspberry Pi Zero or something. My first-gen raspi can handle 1080p desktop completely fine, and it has worse specs than the latest lowest-end one. Something like an Orange Pi Zero would also be an option though I haven't actually checked its specs, but I'm almost certain it should be just fine.

That's $4-$10 or so for the machine, then I'm sure you have some crappy memory cards lying around - you don't really need more than 1GB or so if even that, another $5 for a decent case. If you have sockets where you'll be presenting you're set, if not, get a $10 powerbank from /csg/ to be portable. Or to be truly portable, add a display for under $20 so you can use it away from projectors/other screens.

The X220 is still faster than that underpowered, overpriced PoS
If it had an Apple logo on it you'd be making fun of it constantly

>libreboot
>still uses windows 10 and 7

I thought the main appeal of the x220 was that it had full powered hardware in a small, easily serviceable, and portable package with good loonix support, not be as small as possible with low power hardware, no serviceability, and general loonix support.

>fan

Because chinks come to obscure places on the internet where they know there's neckbeards and free advertising because they can't afford anything else. This is why you're seeing 10 threads about this faggot rectangular buttplug which is useless in every way other than to faggots, despite the fact that there's virtually zero people who've bought this who browse this board.

This, is shilling. Not someone making a thread talking about some Dell laptop or whatever.

I agree your idea is good if not excellent one.
But sadly not practical, I want hassle free all in one system.
But with RPi I'll need to carry mouse/keyboard/power source/ different cables or adapters.

Maybe a RPi embedded inside keyboard would do though.

Care to elaborate? Genuinely curious.

too expensive
my gpd win is as powerful while being actually pocketable

How is this a thinkpad when the dragonbox pyra exists?

I'm assuming you want a hardware keyboard? Since most raspi screens are touchscreens.

You could just get any smartphone foldable keyboard and attach it to the bottom of your "smartphone". Since it's a touchscreen you won't need a mouse, for presentations a laser pointer is probably better anyway.
Most non-meme powerbanks are pretty small, you could also stick it to the case. Literally use scotch tape if you want.

A single system like that is achievable, but it's true that it will be either very ad-hoc or, if you want to to look good, will require quite a bit of effort to make everything fit together in a not-ugly way. If you have access to any sort of case manufacturing equipment - 3D printer, CNC machine, etc. - you could make your own custom case that would fit all the components really nicely and look great.

This was during the libreboot with an old ssd in it. A librebooted thinkpad can't actually boot windows at all.

If I had access to such equipment, then I'd just use it to customize the back panel of a wireless keyboard/touchpad to host the RPi zero and power bank.

I bought it.

Sup Forums has been asking for this device for years. Now that it exists and they are too poor to buy it, they are pretending it is useless.

Care to share a mini review?

I ordered from GeekBuying, it doesn't ship till tomorrow.

>Sup Forums has been asking for this device for years
No, they were asking for a good version of this device.

The chinks came, took the general idea, butchered it to hell and back, and now we're supposed to roll with it?

What specifically is wrong with it besides the price?

Why not just get a 7inch tablet with attachable keyboard and install some linux?

Shit keyboard
No middle click as far as I'm aware
Average Linux support, no libreboot afaik and quite possibly no coreboot
And the price is a valid concern

Because I did my research and found that the Asus Chromebook Flip 10.1" was an astronomically better value for my use case than the hilariously overpriced GPD Pocket.

>middle click
hahahahahahhahahahhaha
fuck me, Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me with its altruistic autism

These problems are consistent across *all* recent laptops, regardless of size. The Pocket is the best UMPC that you can buy today.

I'm the guy that bought the Pocket and lack of middle click is my biggest complaint. I want this to work on the go and I do most of my work in acme, which is totally unusable without middle click. Even scroll wheels are far inferior to old three-button mice and ThinkPads. I will try (1) mapping a key to middle click, (2) carrying a Lenovo N700, or (3) using a different editor.

What the fuck are you even talking about

>consistent across all recent laptops, regardless of size
What does that have to do with the gpd though

>the pocket is the best umpc
No, that's the pyra. Even that is overpriced though, as umpcs are a meme in general: their main appeal is the physical keyboard, as well as less locked-down than a smartphone, but you can't really have a good keyboard that size no matter what you do.
I'd much rather carry my X220 for when I want to get real work done, and settle for my phone when that's too bulky, than pay hundreds of dollars for such a niche device.

The regular X200 supports Libreboot if that is desired (though I'm not sure if the X200t supports it, I don't recall ever reading it anywhere)

Because that gay netbook costs 700 US DOLLARS! Kurwy szmaty!

Fuck this gay shit get this instead.

indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone

That... looks surprisingly nice. And at $300 + $20 for a 4G dongle, much better priced than the other options.

That said, I'm not entirely sure how the CPU and GPU measure up, and also
>botnet assistant

Who gives a fuck? Give me that keyboard, SSH and over 24 hour battery life.

Chromebook c720. Fucking awesome.

has 4g built in senpai

On the $400 version only. Literally get the $100 cheaper one and a $20 dongle. The disadvantage is that you need to carry an external dongle around, which is inconvenient, but the advantage is that you save fucking $80

Pre-orders for $500 on GeekBuying.

>Android

Worthless until they announce what Lunix it will run. Rumour says some shitty mobile distro like Sailfish, not desktop Lunix.

>why aren't you using it
>never heard of it in my life
>NOT AN ARGUMENT
please stop using memes you don't understand in the slightest

too small
shit keyboard
no numpad
retardedly small screen
several variations of the above
retardedly expensive for the shit you get

Too small, shit keyboard, battery life probably worse than my Thinkpad X40.

how cheap are these, on ebay?

X200 also has a superior keyboard.

>ARM
>no clit mouse
>dem bezels
>android
why would i punish myself with this

>no trackpoint scrolling
>on a device with no trackpad
>somehow this is fine
>$600 to use the trackpoint to drag scroll bars

Are you mentally retarded?

>1280x800

>When the pyra exists
>Exists

Good one

A compromise I was willing to make, since the screen is otherwise a good quality IPS. I certainly wasn't willing to pay the enormous price difference between this chromebook and the Pocket just for the higher resolution.

>Shit resolution
>Those bezels
>Better

Ok

For being $249 vs $499 those are very small nits to pick. I don't give a fuck about the bezels and I wasn't willing to pay $250 more for 1920 x 1080.

>modern day X220
>not discussing RZ6

you faggots call yourself a technology board

let me break it down for you dumb fucks

>10.1 inch, 1920 x 1200 pixel touchscreen display
>1.6 pounds
>Core i5-7Y45 and Core i7-7Y75 processor options
>8GB to 16GB of RAM
>128GB to 1TB of SSD storage
>802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
>11+ hours of battery life

if you can get over the ULV processor options, this thing is solid as fuck

replace that dust collecting X220 today boys :+)

Wow you spent $250 on that shit? If you care so much about money you can get a better deal on second-hand goods

A poorfag that doesn't know how to spend his money...classic

I ordered a T500 but looking for a x200 too, all because libreboot + linux-libre

To be fair, x220/x230 don't support libreboot either but you can at least neuter the Management Engine.

X200 does have the ME, you need libreboot to get rid of it.

That's because laptops are usually filled with proprietary shit, and when they're not popular enough that people want to spend their time to write drivers for them, you don't get support.

>no nipple
how am I supposed to move my cursor?

I hope I dont misunderstood you, user. But you can libreboot your t500, too.

>chiclet keyboard
>no clit mouse
>lists all these specs, doesn't say whether any components are soldered
You're missing the point of thinkpads if you think this is a good replacement

I thought core2duos didn't have ME? I heard it was introduced with the core ix ranges

Feel free to find a 10.1" or less chromebook with a better IPS panel than the Asus Chromebook Flip and 4gb of ram. I'l wait.

*for $250 or less, I forgot to add.

1st gen google Chromebook pixel.
That has 12 inch screen 2560x1700 resolution

>B-but that's bigger than 10.1!!
Not with those big ass bezels

I still use an x220 because I can have three for the same price as one of those.

> 4000 USD

you really think any of the pajeets, NEETs, and frogposters are gonna chuck up that much cash for a laptop, user?

Looks like a nice machine, though. Might recommend it to my dad, who's looking for a new laptop and said his price range goes up to 5000 (fuckin' real estate is making him all kinds of money now, really happy for the guy)

That device is 12" x 9" and 3.4lbs vs 10.5" x 7" and 2lbs for the Asus Chromebook Flip, they're not even remotely comparable in size. The whole point was that I wanted a sub 11" device.