/cyb/ + /sec/ general: cyberpunk and cybersecurity: ad hoc edition

/cyb/ + /sec/ general is for discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

>what is cyberpunk?
pastebin.com/raw/Jpci0dqD

>cyberpunk directory
pastebin.com/raw/HiTA1yXK

>nothing to hide? please.
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

>cybersecurity essentials
pastebin.com/raw/0AjC2mcD

>cybersecurity resources
pastebin.com/raw/98vvNwcH

>thread archive
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/

>thread backup
cyberpunked.org/

>previous thread
>>> Resources > /sec/
Condensed /sec/ resources: pastebin.com/RXvHEBuu
Advice: pastebin.com/xRqEW8W7
Old Skool Hacker Culture: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40
Firefox extensions: pastebin.com/dinBuXxJ
TEMPEST attacks against AES: fox-it.com/nl/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/Tempest_attacks_against_AES.pdf
Shared thoughts after 6+ years in Pentesting (boards.Sup Forums.org/g/thread/61194248#p61211017): 0x00sec.org/t/shared-thoughts-after-6-years-in-pentesting/2492
Cybrary: cybrary.it/
Awesome Infosec: github.com/onlurking/awesome-infosec

>>Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN - shit just got real
Condensed /shit just got real/ resources: pastebin.com/DMc57Dxw

>>The Old Skool
0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

Suggestions for new resources are welcome. /sec/ is looking for CTF team members, contact at IRC channel.

>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
join #Sup Forumspunk and #Sup Forumssec (requires SSL)
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

>>Reorganizing the pasta soon, this is an ad hoc thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=517FG8M-6es
nordvpn.com/tutorials/socks5/deluge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hi anons

I always feel like Future Garage has some /cyb/ feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=517FG8M-6es

Hello.

I agree.

Shit I hope maderas sees my question in the other thread and answers it here

That guy must be sick of me asking him shit by now

I want to set up a bunch of raspberry pis connected to free wifi across my city for various purposes. What would be the best way to do this, and actually hide it? I can't think of anything not getting picked up and thrown away or destroyed within a week (aside from literally burying them underground)

Are they worth their money?

The pis? I have a zero and i like it a lot. Haven't played with any of the bigger ones since I haven't needed them. Too bad the zeroes are never in stock anywhere

I've used it. It's very informative and a good prep, but there is always new stuff to learn outside of those courses. So always accompany research outside of watching those lessons.

I suppose they're good if you can't be hassled with learning electronics and making a similar device as a project.
Quicker too.

Sounds worthwhile.

wow, threads been not dying at 100 posts.
what's going on?

I spend a great deal of time ensuring they don't go 'unbumped'.

Any recommendations?

Burial is always my #1 recommendation.

Wassssaaaaaa!

Thank you, I'm starting to lack in decent 'new' music.
Or at least, easily discoverable decent music.

This thread is so friendly.

Psychedelic genres are always good choices too if you want to space out.

Sup Forums doesn't infest it, so it's decent.

>Psychedelic genres are always good choices too if you want to space out.
You sometimes need a break from reality, I agree.

>Sup Forums doesn't infest it, so it's decent.
I do enjoy that this subject is largely lost on Sup Forumsictims and so they only occasionally come in here to shitpost and espouse:
>If you haven't got anything to hide, don't worry.

>been seeding season 6 of The Simpsons for like a year now
>just today got an ISP email about it, any other time this has happened was over mainstream recent stuff

OK now I'm scared, do VPN's actually help or are they a meme?

Paid VPNs with good policy and in a 'smart' location are good, yes.
They literally encrypt your traffic and give you a different IP.
Your ISP will be able to tell you're using a VPN, but not the traffic, so long as DNS requests are going the VPN too and aren't to compromised DNS servers.
You dig?

Do you have the torrent client you're using properly configured? i.e. Did you make sure to have its traffic proxied through your VPN service?

Not .
Just thought I'd ask.
Does anyone else hoard ebooks?

Does e-residency count as cyb?
E-estonia is amazing.

I just force encryption in the client settings and use dnscrypt. It probably helps that I mostly download anime though.

I do. Just on the off-chance someone asks for something. Plus, I like to skim through them occasionally.

I don't suppose you would happen to have a copy of the accompanying book for the Art of Electronics, this book is Learning the Art of Electronics?
>Picture related.

What is Estonia like now with its technological boom?

Would like to know this

I unfortunately do not. :(

i download pdfs and ebooks. probably too trusting about random pdfs, but the ebooks are mainly of stuff that is in my to-read list.

It is such a hard book to source, whereas 3rd edition Art of Electronics is fairly easy to source.
Why is the accompaniment so elusive?

Me too, I have a long to-do and to-read list.
Any help with ?

no sorry, don't have it either. just now getting into electronics so haven't started hoarding relevant materials yet.

Thank you anyway, user.
I wish you luck in your electronic endeavours.

To be honest, I was rather surprised to hear about the tech boom in Estonia.
Good on them for moving on from being in the Soviet Bloc.

yeah future garage is great. always gives me a sense of walking through the night life district of a future metropolis at 3am

It certainly has that aesthetic.

When Hiding small objects in an urban environment, the key is to make the drop point uninteresting. Uninteresting places are rarely discovered by civilians and governments do not have time to turn over every rock in a particular city. For theses reasons, the undersides of dumpsters make exceptional hididng places. Objects placed underneath them may go undiscovered for months.

Or just go geocaching if you want to learn how to hide shit.

This is an excellent idea.

What're your plans for them, generally?

idk if this would work because even dumpsters get emptied and moved around, leaving the item exposed and/or crushed

I've been forcing encryption this whole time (I'm using Deluge if that matters).

To my knowledge, as long as your IP address is known to be seeding a certain thing lawyers can send threatening letters to your ISP, encryption or no.

Weren't you going to hide them in lockable outlets?

Do you do something similar to this with your vpn? nordvpn.com/tutorials/socks5/deluge/

This.

Don't they arrest people in Japan for digital piracy?

A friend of mine who lived there for a year says they're pretty strict about it, even for anime (which is fair game here in Burgerland). Singapore is too, but you probably figured as much.

Just because they both start with cyber doesn't mean they're related in the slightest

See previous threads for varied valid responses.

I know Singapore is practically a dictatorship, that the majority of the world turns a blind eye to.

see for a great BTFO:

nice samefag

I'm not Maderas.
It doesn't give you any less of BTFOing though.

>using BTFO as a verb unironically
go back

We're on an imageboard, you dolt.
Imageboard culture, applies to an imageboard, regardless of the board or thread you're posting it on.

We've slowed down, again.

How do you guys ever buy things online with all this tinfoil shit?

Cryptocurrency and false information.

/csg/

At least we don't get tracked.

>want to order something through an online marketplace
>put in a fake name and address as shipping info
>"take that botnet"

There's ways you can get around that though.

Please enlighten me on how you have things shipped to your house through the internet without giving your real name or at least your real address.

P.O box in a fake name

You don't get it shipped to your house, that's part of the trick.

Autism, and still linked to you through facial recognition and/or payment methods.
Yeah man let me have my new monitor shipped to a burnt out crackhouse and then go there to pick it up instead of just picking it up at my house. Excellent idea.

Gosh, that digital trail left with cash. ;)
And avoid cameras.

>Yeah man let me have my new monitor shipped to a burnt out crackhouse and then go there to pick it up instead of just picking it up at my house. Excellent idea.
If it was something innocuous like that, I'd just order it without hooey on my girlfriend's phone.

Ship it to a house that's up for sale.

Ordering everything through a friend's card and then compensating them with cash is probably the only good solution.
Autism.

Yes you can some even have SOCKS5 proxy with it.

Well no, because if it wasn't something above board and the police questioned him/her, is he/she going to willing to get in trouble for you?

I'm not talking about buying illegal things. I'm talking about benign everyday purchases.

Oh, yeah, I guess the monitor would be a minor security risk.

>Autism
Better than getting arrested.

If you're going things that'll get you arrested then shipping to your friend's place won't save you.

>shipping to your friend's place
?

So you find multiple minor security risks for the sake of convenience (ie online purchasing) an acceptable sacrifice?

Yeah, because the only risk in IDing you through monitor size and/or hardware implants, which I'd notice after I take it apart and inspect it.
So, it isn't really as much of an issue...

The issue is inputting your address and possibly name/payment info, which seems to go against your whole thing here.

You keep your lives seperate, so crossover isn't an issue, unless they'd connect monitor size and you.
Which is fairly esoteric.

I only have one life, though. Unless you're referring to doing everything else with an extreme attention to security and privacy then ordering something off amazon through your home IP as if you're playing a character.

>Play a role.
Normie user and cyberpunk user.

What's everyones' favourite cyberpunk anime?

>What is Lain?
Fuck off.
I'd also like to mention, this was originally founded as an anime imageboard.

You fuck off. Go talk about anime in Sup Forums. This is Sup Forums.

No, this is /cyb/ /sec/ motherfucker.
Lain is Queen of this place.

No one cares about l-who-the-fuck, go back to Sup Forums. This is a technology board.

I bet you think you are a big man behind your computer

everyone knows sword art online is /cyb/ as fuck xDDD

Go to your anime board to shitpost.

Stay that to my face, I dare you.

>sword art online
REEEEEEEEE

If an anime doesn't have NTR in it it isn't /cyb/

Estonian here. AMA

What is Estonia like now since its tech boom?

Texhnolyze

Havent seen Lain yet

>Texhnolyze
Good choice, user.
Though, you should really see Lain.

Tbh I felt the tech boom in 2004 or so. Seems to have slowed down the past 13 years, delivering us only Transferwise and Taxify(commie blocks Uber).

Salaries still suck
Weather still sucks

It's as gray and depressing you expect a commie block country to be.

Is the technology noticeable on the streets?

Oddly enough it is. Memes aside, you got parking, bus tickets and voting all done online.

Would you say Estonia is cyberpunk:
>"high tech, low life?"