Winfags on suicide watch

Post things you can do in Linux that you can't do in Windows, I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration#with_libinput
instructables.com/id/Desktop-Cube-Windows-only/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's what you can do in Windows but can't in Linux:
Disable mouse acceleration

>1366x768
>2017-07-08-124710

Why the fuck would you rename a screenshot from like 2005 to make it seem like you just took it? You Linux bunch are fucking weird.

>caring about retarded compiz effects
>2017

Here's a tip: try a tiling WM.

I'm takin' it back.

xset m 0 0
You can spin cubes in Windows using many different softwares

>xset m 0 0
Has to do it every fucking login. And no, putting it in startup applications is not enough because there's a race condition with the X server.

Call me when it has flames.

>what is .xinitrc

>.xinitrc
Does not work.

>not just putting it in crontab and running it every minute

Works for me. Maybe your computer is so slow that you need to add sleep 10 to it or something.

>wasting precious processing power

How's that an elegant solution? In Windows I set it once and forget about it. With a cronjob I set it once and it forever occupy my CPU cycle.

It's definitely not slow (6900k)

>being a poorfag corelet who can't spend 0.01 nanosecond of cpu time running cron

If you're using Windows, you're wasting CPU cycles doing useless shit every milisecond.

Looks like another person who has more hardware than brains.

>my water main broke, what do?
>just use a bucket every minute lmao

Nice argument, fossfag.

If you do that you get mouse movement hiccups every minute.

You can say that for any cronjob.

That's why people with real jobs don't use Linux. All major scientific achievements were done using Windows.

Being able to use ~/.xinitrc is a bigger upgrade than your CPU.

>cant set a basic setting
>everyones fault but loonix
holy fuck the delusion

Oh so it's like Apple's "You're holding it wrong". Got it.

jebaited you retarded nigger lol!

learn to configure your fucking distro before dismissing your problem as "waah linux can't do x"

the only time I haven't been able to disable acceleration is when libinput had a """"""""bug""""""""" where there was no option to set a flat acceleration profile, in which case the solution was to revert to the older evdev until the devs came to their fucking senses and considered other peoples use cases

either fucking way, wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration#with_libinput is guaranteed to work unless your distro is still using an ancient version of libinput

>b-but editing config files

I hear you cry, remember when you had to edit the registry in windows to set a flat mouse profile due to legacy reasons? me too! link not pasted due to spamfilter, google it

>guaranteed to work
Lmao! In Windows I check a little check box and that is it. In Linux I had to use Google, CumOverflow and ArchWiki to find out that depending on my distro I may or may not be able to set this simple mouse setting if my computer doesn't run as fast (or run too fast). In fucking 2017. Kys.

>windows
>checkbox for mouse acceleration
>linux
>have to edit core system files to turn off mouse acceleration
>and then it may not work

>remember when you had to edit the registry in windows to set a flat mouse profile due to legacy reasons
Never.

You could have it run every time you log in to X or set up rules in xorg.conf.d if you like

>mfw winfags can't into flame cubes

Linux: 1
Windows: 0

How will these Ballmer shills ever recover?

The windows way of disabling acceleration does not even work properly, stupid nigger...

>Lmao! In Windows I check a little check box and that is it.

clearly didn't read the post did you?

let me guess, you were just pretending to be retarded

>In Linux I had to use Google, CumOverflow and ArchWiki

all I'm hearing is that you're too retarded to use google to troubleshoot basic problems

>to find out that depending on my distro I may or may not be able to set this simple mouse setting

see also:
>clearly didn't read the post did you?

or, you know, just read the rest of the post

>I purposely use outdated software therefore linux is bad waaahhhhh

>if my computer doesn't run as fast (or run too fast).

not my fucking problem that you're using a hammer on a screw

google: "The MarkC Windows 10 + 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix"

here's something gahnoo+loonix can do that windows will never be able to solve: not having to use a hardware solution to prevent a software problem with no software solution: monitordetectkiller.com

You can stop samefagging any minute (see what I did there?) now.

/usr/share/xsessions/

Disabling mouse acceleration in Linux: echo "xset m 0 0" >> ~/.xinitrc

Disabling mouse accelerationg in Windows: Go into control panel, click checkbox, scroll the bar to EXACTLY 5 notches, run registry fix, run mouse acceleration tool, configure counterstrike, go into proprietary mouse driver, fix mouse polling, unplug USB, plug into another port, etc.

Not be tracked by mega-slurp-corp and all my details, clicks, hardware profile, software profile, key presses sold off to advertisement agencies & | three letter govt agencies.

>troubleshoot basic problems
windows doesnt have this basic problem

Silly goy, Linux was designed to be a honeytrap. WannyCry made more on Linux from 1 (ONE) company than it ever did from the entire world on Windows.

update the system on their own volition

can you

please

stop

writing

two linebreaks

after each sentence

you write?

Is there even a serious reason to use Windows at all in 2017? I mean, I have a Windows box powered down with games installed on it. It's a stretch to say that just booting up a game is using Windows. It's basically a Steambox.

Disabling mouse acceleration in Linux:
The following may or may not work:
0. put xset m 0 0 in startup applications
1. echo "xset m 0 0" >> ~/.xinitrc
2. sudo gedit /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mouse.conf or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-acceleration.conf
paste in
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "mouse"
MatchIsPointer "on"
Option "AccelerationProfile" "-1"
Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
EndSection
or
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "My Mouse"
MatchIsPointer "yes"
Option "AccelerationNumerator" "1"
Option "AccelerationDenominator" "1"
Option "AccelerationThreshold" "0"
EndSection
Which one does and which one doesn't? Do them all to find out :^)

Disabling mouse acceleration in Windows:
Click a fucking checkbox. That was it.

If you contribute to society in any way, you are using Windows.

>I can't be called out by more than one person for not being able to fix my extremely basic issue

get a load of this guy, also,
>not noticing the poster count going up on new posts

>windows doesnt have this basic problem

see fucking also:
>remember when you had to edit the registry in windows to set a flat mouse profile due to legacy reasons?
>google: "The MarkC Windows 10 + 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix"
>monitordetectkiller.com

>waah please stop replying to retarded simple statements with retarded simple statements

>op tries to make shill thread
>gets absolutely BTFO'd
>loonix shills go into overdrive to shitpost
this is excellent

>repeating stale argument that wasn't true in the first place.
Wasn't my fault your mother's boyfriend dropped you.

When was the last time society was actually contributed to?

Woah that was deep. Upvoted.

pic related linux shills facing the truth

Why would i want to do this shit? It's very cringy.

Also, enjoying your 0 games?

>nearly 50 posts in
>not a single Winfag has proved that he can do what OP does

I think this thread speaks for itself. Sour grapes, huh?

Because Windows is for people who do real work. Not staring at a slanted (like your fucking chinky eye) cube.

yes yes I made a typo and deleted my post out of embarrassment, I'll repost it with the typo fixed:

>pretending not to samefag
>ip count doesn't go up
>linux BTFO! haha! yes!

how are dx10 games on wine? how about these games?

>CM3D2
cuck

yeah enjoy your virtual school simulator because you missed girls when you had a chance you aafag

Yeah enjoy getting your maid fucked by VIPs ;^)

im the one who decides which girl will be fucked by whom, you cant do shit about yours. dio is probably fucking your waifu as we speak

Because it's common knowledge that many softwares exist for windows cube spin

>that aliasing
Winfags can't even spin right.

>criticism about your writing style
>waah please stop replying to retarded simple statements with retarded simple statements
What does that have to do with anything he said? Holy shit

spinnan cubez

yaourt -Qtd

instructables.com/id/Desktop-Cube-Windows-only/

but what about the flames?

Do people still use compiz?

Sadly you have to run an X server and Compiz to achieve it on windows afaik
WindowFX provides a lot of effects but not fire!

>disabling mouse acceleration

>windows
>download shady registry editor
>look up guides on stackoverflow
>have to restart when done
>blue screen

>linux
>go to settings, then mouse
>disable acceleration

Why does windows suck so much? It makes simple things nearly impossible.

it's literally only the first two sentences in that post that were broken up by an unnecessary linebreak and maybe a train of thought using green text about half way through, everything else was mostly separate sentences replying to separate points following the not too uncommon convention of a full linebreak between and after quoted text, admittedly it came out looking fucking retarded because I'm barely even replying with anything of substance and am mostly memeing but given that the person I was replying to barely even read my original post before replying I wasn't too keen on replying with anything of substance again, ergo, retarded trolling in reply to retarded trolling, which again, admittedly, was phrased in a manner you'd expect from an illiterate fuck

fuck me for not replying to trolls with a proofread essay, and fuck me for replying to trolls somewhat seriously in the first place right

I like my windows to jiggle when i move them

What does this meme even mean? All my mice work flawlessly under Linux distros I'm using or have used.

Your system is broken. Don't blame the OS for whatever retarded mistake you made to fuck up xinitrc

How come on Windows it just werks while on Ubuntu it's always the user's fault?

>mirror hard drive or any partition (logical or primary or whatever) without trying miriads of programs each of which does not do what I want
>run it from 5MB/s USB drive almost tolerably
>run it from USB drive at all without 3rd party hacks
>connect discs in truly readonly mode (WIndows touches disk even if they are not mounted)

idc though, I still prefer Windows + Cygwin and Debian for truly geeky things
>In Windows I set it once and forget about it.
You can't disable mouse acceleration in Windows without low level registry hack (one by MarkC for example).
Fuck off.

Dual boot is even worse than winfag. Pick one and stick with it.

Done using mac mostly or linux. Petraflops barrier was broken by IBM with linux and ps3s. First full length 3d movie was mac/linux. Photoshop and Maya were both first and were mac. First api implemented os was mac with open go. First daws were mac etc.

Mouse acceleration means what it implies literally, as in the raw input is accelerated in software instead of reading directly from the hardware.

It's equally shitty to use any OS I tried except maybe MacOS which is even worse. I do not care about your personal preferences.

why the fuck does X have like 20 fucking config files

Using more than one OS is prime evidence that you don't know how to use an OS effectively.

If you don't know how every single one of them works you may as well go back to Windows, kiddo

>ps3
>movie
>photoshop
>api
nice "progress" you got there

You may be used to acceleration. You won't be able to go back when you try disabling it.
savage
You try to debate me without reading my post and that's why your mother dies in her sleep from AIDS next month.

The XFCE mouse dialog effects these setting too for anyone scared of the CLI

>A TILING WM

Adobe Premiere Pro

Preserve your dignity.

Have a decent tiling wm.

It should be standard on any Laptop, but the fucking Normies needs something to point there mouse at.

>mfw tested maids and sims in virtualbox and they are working
silky smooth 3 fps, but i hope it will run better on actuall hardware, linux here i come

are you retarded?
you can't disable mouse acceleration on linux in settings, you can only minimize it, its still there and you need to google this shit so you can enter your haxor command in your ass

on windows its just 1 click in mouse settings

You can use the system with everything working as intended right off the get go, instead of having to consult with elitist mouthbreathing fedorians online and troubleshoot things every 2 minutes to the point where you even forget what is it that you were trying to do in the first place.

ayy

Have 10+ years of uptime.
Rebootless kernel patching.
Script everything.

xset m 0 0

Done.

You cant play games

>WannyCry made more on Linux from 1 (ONE) company than it ever did from the entire world on Windows.
Because enterprises don't store critical data on Windows systems. Only SMB plebs do that.