Ryzen is No.2 most popular CPUs at Amazon now

Looks like a certain company is going to do a lot of damage control with the recent events.

See I told you to just wait, we're actually winning.

Excellent

And how many years did that take?

Jesting aside, it's great to see some good competition again. I'd like to consider a Ryzen 5 cpu sometime myself.

I'm excited about ryzen not because ill buy one, but because it'll force intel to make something good just in time for when I'm considering upgrading from a 4790k in a couple years

How's ignoring number one going?
PS AMD market share is still garbage.
Enjoy your "win"

D A M A G E C O N T R O L

I HATE AMD SO FUCKING MUCH

Intel will never drop prices, cannonlake is mobile shit, 10nm will be slower than 14nm and basically you'll have to wait till 2021. And we're not even sure the new arch will even be good.

I'm gonna get an AMD CPU in the future, probably in 6-8 years or so. I don't see the point of upgrading from a 2013-2015 CPU other than getting a more power efficient one.

I was planning to hold out until 2021 if possible anyways, since I want to wait until HDMI 2.1 and DDR5 memory which should be standard then

Would you risk waiting till 2021 for Itanium 2.0?

>there are more poor people than rich people
wooooooooooow

second place is winning in delusional AYYYMDDDtard world

Who even buys from Amazon? Microcenter is the place to get your parts and i7s at a discount.

>Only two processor models are on sale today
LMAO nice damage control faggot :^)

because everyone has a microcenter within driving distance

You can always buy AMD if Intel's new uarch is Itanic 2.0: moar vectors boogaloo.

For the price of a Ryzen 5 1600, you can get a dual xeon x5650 Dell R710 system with 24GB of RAM.

You can have twice the threads and a full server system with drive bays and two PSUs for just the price of this processor.

"winning" my ass. I would like to see AMD win, but it's not happening with this particular processor.

This is some quality shitposting.

>LGA1366
try again

You're funny.

I had a dual 6-core Xeon system last year, but I got rid of it since it was too power hungry and the single-thread performance was lacking at best.

Heh, them stupid right wing nutjobs, giving a vicious savage a lethal injection is the same thing as killing fetuses! drumpf btfo!

>ryzen only has a 30watt TDP advantage and a meager 24% single core advantage over a 7 year old server processor

Guys, come on now.

OYYYYYYYY VEY

That's x86 for you.

>Xeon
Nice server chip.

>look at list
>Skylake Pentium instead if Kaby Lake
>Celerons
Who the fuck buys those? I doubt HP and dell buy garbage bin CPU's from Amazon, but I can't imagine a system builder buying these either.

>AMDrones buying parts from website that charges tax

LOL

Pentium is still the best option for sub-$500 computers.

KL Pentiums have hyberthreading, while Skylake ones don't. It would be silly to buy old Penyiums new as they're completely obsolete, although maybe some people are unaware and think both are the same. I guess miners would explain the Celeries, since you don't need a good CPU, just a good motherboard.

>What is binning

Again, I want to see AMD win. I'm excited about their server chips and HEDT shit. But the Ryzen 5 1600 is a bad deal unless you have extraordinarily high electricity costs. Buying a couple old xeons gives you twice as many threads with a very small single core performance hit. It's way cheaper and has better results.

And what's the scaling like on that? Because it's definitely not going to be 1:1.

can Ryzen do GPU passthrough?

Celerons for mining rigs probably

There is a lot of arguments you could make against his statement. This is not one of them.

What do you mean? I don't understand the question.

Skylake Pentiums can be overclocked, KL can't.

It means if the 12-core 24-thread monster you have actually works as intended in multithreaded applications by a factor of 24 like Ryzen does by a factor of 12 since it scales almost perfectly. The answer btw is probably not for your dual Xeons

Buying anything earlier than Sandy Bridge in 2017 is completely pointless. Also DDR4 has a noticeable improvement over DDR3 in gaymes.

You need a Z170 board with an original BIOS, and even then it's only base clock overclocking and it disables all power saving features. You have to factor in buying a better PSU and cooler as well. And even then you're stuck with a 2C2T CPU that can't run any modern games. I never saw what all the hype was about, Pentium Anniversary Edition was already dead when Skylake overlclocking was discovered. I'd only recommend it for fun. not for a main desktop.

>Also DDR4 has noticeable improvement over DDR3 in gaymes.
not him but is that true? any benchmarks showing this difference?

>better psu
no. it's not like it's 500W x299