Is 21:9 a meme?

it's a ratio

dont talk to me unless we're talking about 21:10

if you like it and enjoy it then no
and put your dolls away fag

1:1 or bust

kek

Why are you so afraid of the number 9?

Basically, you're getting less resolution than a comparable 16:9 display.

i like my 3440x1440

I like it for productivity at the office but I'm not a cancerous figurine collecting pedophile like OP

tamer is a garbage class

I used to think like you, that was until they released a 3880x1600 monitor.

>meme?
Only if you use your computer as a facebook machine or expect consoles to support it.

For productivity, heavy multitasking, and modern PC gaming, it's great.

>/thread

""yes"?"(no?!)...

^this

If you need to ask if it is a meme it probabily is

Is 21:9 better than 4k for productivity? I'm torn between a 32" 2k, 28" 4k, or a 32" 21:9.

I'm scared of burn in, most of them are curved and gay, and compared to high refresh 16:9 1440s, they cost 2 to 4 times more

yes, especially with modern os scaling
at least with 21:9 you have more horizontal real estate while still maintaining visual clarity

No ratio is a meme. If you don't like the idea of an ultrawide, don't get an ultrawide.

I am leaning towards going for an ultra wide for my next monitor, though i think i can only fit a 29" on my desk, so in some ways going for a 27" is probably more practical.

5120x2160 monitors when

>Is 21:9 better than 4k for productivity?

It depends on what.

For me, I much prefer 21:9 for video editing over 4K, but inversely I am a 3D artist so when I am working in Max or Painter I much prefer 4K for the large, taller viewport and the much smaller interface.

Not as much of a meme as Black Desert.

its a good middle ground between single and dual display.

yes

32:9 or gtfo

buying such wide monitors is like buying 20 platter HDDs.
Enjoy your quick failure due to natural wear.

Also normal people just get dual/triple/quad monitor setups if they need it to do actual work.

Damn right, failure on monitors is measured by square centimeters. Stick to 14" for the best life span.

simply put, it's 7:3

I'd mostly be using it for multi-tasking while shit posting here.

No, actually it's awesome.
But it's still pretty expensive

No you stupid retard, it's related to amount of vertical lines. In LCD monitors every single line has it's own physical wire to the controller, so the more and smaller these are the bigger the probability of failure is.

Hey stupid retard, the vertical lines in the top ultra wides are 3880, a whole grand 40 more than a 4K monitor.

>Feels godlike in work related tasks or even if you want to shitpost and do something else at the same time without using the retarded multi-monitor setup.
>Literally becomes a physical cheat in video games by giving you wider field of view to the point where Blizzard banned and forced ratio on 21:9 users in Overwatch.
>Modern movies actually come without black bars on top and bottom for better immersion.

You tell me if it's a meme.

>Literally same vertical resolution as 16:9 alternatives.

Am I missing something? Unless you have a 4K monitor there is literally no difference in pixel amount.

For gaming? Yes, having to constantly worry and google fixes is starting to get annoying.
For everything else? No

>google "wsgf

What's a good 21:9 panel that will be better than a 4k?

Fucking this. I hate that even Diablo 3 got rid of the support, but most games and movies still work and it looks gorgeous.
Note that I have a 16:9 primary for shitposting and other tasks.

and 4k monitors are known to be fragile as fuck, especially with the glorious RoHS directive.

Cool.
Except that there are tons of games that don't have proper 21:9 fixes, especially older ones and indies.

3:1 best ratio

16:9 media is still the same size on a 21:9 display but not the other way around.

too expensive. happy on 1440p IPS here. my next upgrade will be in refresh rate, not resolution

if you don't have it and you want it but you can't get it

Yes it's a fucking shit meme from the brief period of time when there was a dearth of 4k/5k options or the video cards to drive them

21:9 looks fucking stupid and you lose vertical space

Then play the one or two games that don't support it on 16:9? Big fucking whoop.

>21:9 looks fucking stupid and you lose vertical space

Retard.

I was traumatized at a very young age. I remember sitting with this other kid and he wanted to tell me a joke, and that's when 7 8 9. I'll never forget it.

you're going to tell me you GAIN space on an ant-sized ultrawide?

I'm typing this hooked up to a 43" 4K TV

Take two games, one in ultrawide and one in 16:9 and compare them side by side. Now go on and tell me the 16:9 can see more.

Also
>tv as a monitor

Retard.

I own a 21:9 LG monitor it's great but if I had the money I'd get a 4k 16:9 120hz monitor on the spot.

I think I've run into like 2 or 3 games that don't support it so far. You must play old as fuck games

>35"
>3440x1440
>quantum dot
>200hz
>G-sync
>HDR

MUH DICK

Companies are throwing a ton of R&D money toward ultrawides since they're gaining market share quickly. Definitely the best way to go for gaming

same i just didnt get 4K yet due to low framerates

You don't lose vertical space, you gain horizontal space. And talking about how big your tv is in inches is irrelevant. No shit a 43" tv is going to be physically taller than a 35" ultrawide, but that doesn't mean you have more usable vertical space, just that everything is more blown up.

fucking lol

I was saying to myself that I'd get a 1440/144hz to replace my 2560x1080 ultrawide when I could afford it, but honestly when I went shopping I got so used to ultrawide I'd have a hard time going back to 16:9. I just decided to save more and hope I can score a x34 refurb

sour grapes

2560x1080 is a nice res, but I wish I would have gone bigger. Feels like I'm at that weird in-between resolution that I was at a long time ago, where I was using 1680x1050 and everyone else was on 1920x1200.

Ya it's a good res on a 29" monitor, but not enough for 34". It's a good upgrade from normal 1080p if your system isn't powerful enough to comfortably do 1440p

I have an UW monitor, 32", and it's worth it imo.

When games support it, it's super comfy, and with win10 and snapping windows to different places it is really nice

Bought a u3415w from Dell for like $260. Should I get the u2717d for 200 less? Already have a u2515h so the 27" is not much of an upgrade. Plus, it's not even compatible with the bar I have on the 2515h

>"using your monitor is going to wear it out!"
>"why get one of these cool monitors when you can just buy three mediocre ones?"
the current state of Sup Forums

is this monitor general?
I want a good 2560x1440 144 hz monitor. give me suggestions right now.

isnt this 32:9 monitor still 1080p?

33:11 or nothing!!!!!

>4k
>productivity
For serious video production or photo finishing, perhaps, but if you're doing something super visually oriented, you're looking at monitors with professional grade color reproduction and not fussing around over silly things like aspect ratio or price.

filthy scum
kys

I'm mostly interested in usable screen space. I picked up a 28" 4k monitor. Scaling will probably kill most of the benefit of the hidpi though...

What game is this?

Looks like the new Nuke Duk'em.

Dick Kick'em

>all these gayman kids saying 21:9 is good for productivity
May as well just turn Sup Forums to Consumer electronics general and be done with it.

>that diagonal split option
what the fug

What's the monitor model number I've been looking for a high refresh rate monitor with g sync.