Looking at these two competitors to try and get you to join their ecosystem, which is better?

Looking at these two competitors to try and get you to join their ecosystem, which is better?

Google
>massive botnet
>selling your data
>that data collection allows maps and shit to be amazing though
>GPM is based as fuck

Apple
>seem to care about "protecting your privacy"
>iMessage
>I have no idea how it's offerings are in things like "cloud storage" or Apple Music are

Which do you prefer? Why do you prefer it? What services do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

cambridgeanalytica.org/
money.cnn.com/2015/04/17/investing/apple-could-be-first-american-trillion-dollar-company/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dont know user, I'd rather be healthy than choose between having cancer or AIDS.

What kind of phone do you have?

why don't you just try both and pick which one YOU like best instead of asking for an objective comparison of somthing that's completely subjective?

Because that requires spending a lot of money to fully immerse yourself in both ecosystems.

Google. They're a bit more flexible.

And why worry about the botnet? You as a personal, singular data point don't do Google any good...

>Looking at these two competitors to try and get you to join their ecosystem, which is better?
once you pay the apple tax, that's it. apple has made their margin from you and from then on, thier job is to make you happy so you spend money with them the next time you need a phone, tablet or whatever they make.

when you buy an android phone, Google has made exactly zero from you. so once you activate that phone, google has to start making money from you so they collect and mine your data in every which way possible so they can show you enticing ads so they can find psychological weaknesses and get you to buy shit you don't need.

it's up to you to decide which way appeals to you more and which value system you prefer.

Android without GApps. It's literally fucking the botnet over because you're using their million-dollar project for free without letting them data mine you.

>go to shop
>try both
or just ask to see friends ones lol

I have an iphone - imessage and facetime are awesome.
I have an airbook (1/2 the price of a similar sized powerbook)
Then it's all PC's - windoze n linux servers.
Google.. i use it to search shit and gmail.

It's not a question of you acting to the benefit of Google exclusively, it's a question of semi-permanent data retention of all your habits from where you are at any given time to what sites you frequent and every conceivably shady thing you might do. Have you ever seen Minority Report, heard of the concept of Panopticon, or watched Psycho-pass?

They're taking all of your data, stripping away context and retaining it. They're creating the perfect profile for any entity that so pleases to profile and track you.

OP here.

I am more interested in shit like

>iCloud vs Google Drive
>Apple Music vs. Google Play Music
>Apple Maps vs. Google Maps

Whatever other shit there is. Translate? Etc.

you can use all those google products on apple if ur worried about software

Cause it's super secure downloading third party APKs that you have no capacity to review so you can get the latest applications that remove critical vulnerabilities. What a joke.

Google
>tells you straight up what they do

Apple
>lies to their brain dead fantard base while installing hardware and software botnets in all their products

Tough choice.

ya but apple btfo'd the cia when they wanted access to that sandniggers iphone

I don't know if it's the same anymore but back in the iPod touch 1st gen days iTunes force converted the whole library to MP4, lossy to lossy conversion. Massive problem for me, that said I'm sure a workaround has been developed or Apple has fixed it. Android doesn't have this issue.

Google maps doesn't require service to run, I believe Apple's map app does. Don't use clouds, ever, under any circumstances.

just went through my google activity and literally turned my phone off (moto g4). google deceives you when you try to 'choose' what you share with them.

will be going to iOS tomorrow morning before work. fucking B O T N E T

Spotted the brain dead iToddler.

all of this is nonsense they just want to sell ads to people who buy ads because no one knows how ads and if they work that is why advertising industry even exists, whats your problem user?

Not really sure what you're trying to say

Temple OS

Any guides on how to remove all their shit from my phone, and actually make it my phone?

bread and circus

iOS ^_^

google and anyone who claims to be benevolent is never to be trusted.

MS and Google have been feeding the govt their data for as long as they have existed.
it doesn't matter if a person has nothing to hide for history is filled with prime examples of why it's dangerous.

user. You are an idiot.
>cloud is meme
>closed systems
>raped by corporations
>Nsa is my friend®
>botnet is ok I don't have secrets©
>I want tailored ads

google selling your data is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Google makes profit by using your data, and the fewer other companies know that data, the more valuable that data is. So they're really keen on protecting the data they collected about you (more than you so even, because they have it after all). Google has a MUCH higher interest in keeping your data to themselves than Apple would ever have.
What Google sells is adspace. Adspace they manage to be only visible to those, who are most likely to react to it, and they base that evaluation on the data they collect about you.

>t.google employee

tbqh, I'd really like to be one. And sure, I'm biased. But what I say isn't wrong. Google selling your data is like you selling a money printing machine. It's stupid. Google isn't stupid.

I use a phone with Lineage OS without Google services, a laptop running Fedora security spin, and a desktop/home server that runs Debian stretch. Why would anyone who isn't a tech illiterate mouth breather choose to give all of their info to either company?

>Google has made exactly zero from you. so once you activate that phone, google has to start making money from you so they collect and mine your data
LineageOS doesnt have this problem.

Apple.
While still being botnet their way to steal your privacy is a much better exchange because their ecosystem is better thought out, besides they only use your data for their own good. Like how they can make the next IPhone even better.

install gentoo

icloud is pretty based I find. It's so well integrated into the OS. It's basically just a folder that's accessible on all devices and it's easy to sync only what you want. Even in Windows I installed it.

Google is way more advertising centric, I just don't trust them to hold my data. One advantage to Apple is yeah, it's probably a botnet even if they claim to respect privacy. But it's just ONE botnet. If you don't go with Apple you're probably going with

Google
Microsoft
Whatever cloud service
Your chinkshit phone maker before you install custom rom

If you commit to the Apple botnet you can use all Apple shit, which means you are only getting fucked up the ass by one thing instead of several.

b.. but botnet!!

Apple
>they tell law enforcement to fuck off when they ask for backdoor key.

>downloading a third party apk
>what is yalp store
>what is f-droid

What are you talking about?

>once you pay the apple tax, thats it.
yeah except for the planned obsolescence. Last year a friend gave me his iPhone 4s, and I was only able to use it for about 6 months before apple stopped supporting the device. That being said, the iPhone hardware and software still work like charm after years of heavy use, which I find impressive. I just got pissed when they stopped supporting it and I couldn't use my apps anymore cause "this app requires iOs something-or-other"

>Apple
>>seem to care about "protecting your privacy"
This is a big joke because Apple doesn't even allow you to delete your account on their platform such as iTunes and whatnot. So basically all your personal data tied to your credit info is all on their system, just waiting for some Russian haxxor to expose it all.

If I had to pick one it would definitely be Apple. Google is basically an arm of the NSA and the Democrats. The executives at Google were some of the biggest corrupt Hillary shills in existence.

>yeah except for the planned obsolescence
retard, apple supports devices for 5+ years. android devices are obsolete the day you buy them since you get no support, updates or security patches.

Even if that is the case, which it is not. The second Google decides it's not making enough money or they get in financial trouble all that data is being sold to the highest bidder.

Third party garbage that you have zero ability to review. It's like all those retards that installed Infinality on Linux and got owned (twice now).

2012 to the middle of 2016. Thats less than 4 years, and with the price if iphones being fucking astonomical (more so close to release dates), I'm not sure it's that good a payoff. Retard.

google doesn't sell your data
it's more profitable for them to keep it and mine it in-house

5 years, retard. and they continue working after as well.

most android phones get NONE.

stay cucked pajeet.

weaboo detected

As I stated before, the phone still works well. Nonetheless, the migration to the new ios caused many apps to abandon support for the 4s, which meant by mid 2016 I couldn't install Snapchat, Youtube, Google drive and many other apps (games like Deer Hunter, scrabble, tune in radio, spotify). Whatsapp and facebook worked until apple officially stopped supporting the 4s. And 2016-2012 is 4 years. And enough reddit spacing, you've gotta go back.

>iPhone 4S released Fall 2011

>Supported until iOS 10 (Fall 2016)

you are retarded for buying a 3+ year old phone in the first place, try again

>developers adopt new API features that only work or exist on the latest iOS version

you're literally getting mad at developers actually doing their fucking job for once and not letting new features hang in the wind for years before being adopted

I didn't buy it, retard. It was gifted to me. You would have known that if you had read my first post completely, instead of being a reactionary fucking autist. and
stop

with

the

reddit

spacing

get

triggered

by

leddit

fags

and

kill

yourself

autist

Are you arguing that this debacle had nothing to do with money, and that apple isn't guilty of planned obslescence? Apples business is selling those phones, so why wouldn't they push their users to buy the latest ios? I think the fact that a perfectly useable phone is no longer supported says otherwise.

Most Android phones aren't made by Google.

Google doesn't just sell your data, they use it as R&D to make better products. That's why Google has hundreds different project. It's has free R&D in the world to test and make any products that they you want.

Google Maps, Assistant,Photos for example shits over Apple equivalent apps because Google's search algorithm gives stronger and better search results. If you stop giving shit about the botnet, you will find Google ecosystem really to get out of.

>buy the latest iOS
iOS is a free operating system that comes with iPhone.

I don't know what Apple's goal is, but Google's goal is to make cool shit. They sell ads to fund all of the cool shit they do like self driving cars, Maps, Earth, etc. They don't sell your data, they use your data to target ads that they sell. You can also opt out of targeting although the option is a little hidden.

>claims planned obsolescence
>Apple stopped supporting phone after 5 years
>still says phone works great
You apparently don't understand what "planned obsolescence" means.
And no, old hardware not supporting new software is not planned obsolescence. New OSs take a lot of effort to get to work right on all devices, and at some point you have to cut off your support. Making that cut off point based on engineering and financial considerations is not planned obsolescence. It's only planned obsolescence if done so for no reason other than trying to force people to buy the new product.

A free operating system that is only supported on newer iphones, thus rendering older iphones that don't support the current iOS useless as smartphones, yes.

I'm an Apple fanboy and this isn't really true.

The cut just stops coming straight out of the customer's pocket, and Apple expects you'll continue to generate revenue from you through the App store.

Don't think for a second Apple isn't interested in making a profit -- they just believe that by producing the best product possible, they'll generate the highest profit.

Google, OTOH, believes compromising products for profit won't be noticed by customers and that customers won't care.

Until FBI/NSA asks how to get your data and Google happily shows them how.

>all of this is nonsense
ORLY
cambridgeanalytica.org/
>Cambridge Analytica uses data to change audience behavior.

Evidence of this?
Meanwhile we have a documented case of the US government trying to nail Apple's ass for not providing or creating backdoors.

How i Cloud a meme?
It's an easy, one-word way to describe to non-tech-literate people, "your data is stored on a server far away that you can access from any device anywhere."

Even to tech-literate people like programmers, "cloud" isn't quite a meme, it's come to mean, "your data is stored somewhere, and it really don't matter the technical details, you just use our API to access the data and we'll worry about implementation and how the data is actually stored."

My data gives Google power over me. In 10 years, I do not want Google having the technology and data to make me, say, vote for corrupt Hillary's successor or another idiot like Trump (who got elected, in part, through using power of data to influence people's decisions and perceptions. See: Cambridge Analytica).

The only reason I use Google over apple is because it isn't as shitty. Other than that Google is shit.

>icloud vs google drive
expanded storage on icloud is definitely cheaper. however the storage space they let you start off with is greater on google drive than icloud
>apple music vs google play music
pretty much the same desu. the only difference is the libraries. GPM allows you to upload your music so you can listen to it anywhere.

Weeabo AND an iToddler? Goddamn you sure atr mentality disabled.

Why not both? There is no privacy on the Internet, if someone wants to get your shit or monitor what you did online, they will be able to do it if they have enough resources and knowhow. The best way to deal with it is electing a government that gives a shit and not posting botnet memes. Avoiding popular services only makes you more suspicious in the end and ISPs spy on you too.

As for the question, Google for Photos because muh unlimited storage and Drive for small shit. Applel for everything else that matters a bit more like Notes, iMessage and their godly OSes.

>I don't know what Apple's goal is
Perhaps it's ... well, it is a wild guess but maybe they want your shekels? And the best way for that is to provide you expensive products that allow them to make a nicer profit that offloading cheap trash. Just how the fuck do you make people buy expensive shit? Oh, you can simply make it the best product available a provide the customer with the initiative to buy more.

The shit only works on absolute retards. I recall a study that showed that most Amerifats are cool with progressive ideas too, if you don't word them with progressive buzzwords.

If they just want to sell ads why do they require me to create a google pay account linking my credit card info and thus my official identity to my pseudonymous google account etc

They are alternatives to the play store
yalp store is an app that fetches the apks from the store using a fake account, and then lets you install them
f-droid is a FOSS store for free as im freedom apps

Are you literally retarded? What if someone tampers with your phone during sending, or what if you flash GApps on a custom ROM, how do you know those aren't infected?
Also, considering the devs of F-Droid aren't incompetent, they'll realize when such a thing happens and alert their users. Yalp is on F-Droid so when you can trust F-Droid you can trust Yalp.
And if you're this paranoid, build every app yourself.
I also love how you think F-Droid is unreliable third party garbage while Google having full control is perfectly fine. F-Droid doesn't even need anything special to run.

>considering the devs of F-Droid aren't incompetent

Most of them are unemployed NEETs and they were sending out updates over unencrypted HTTP so they're almost definitely brutally incompetent.

Apple has the best, most solidified actual ecosystem there is. Hands down. Google's is all webshit.

>Apple Watch controlled with AirPods
>Apple Watch unlocking your MacBook in near proximity
>AirPods seamless playback from any iCloud signed Apple device you have
>Syncing shit accross all devices
>Handoff
>Continuity
>All devices basically running the same core OS (modified macOS)

A small example of the endless scenarios.

Google
>support open source software
More than I need. Also Apple doesn't give a fuck about your privacy.

Apple shill plz go

>thread is This vs That discussion
>get called a shill in a comparison thread

Butthurt Sundar fuck off. I'll put sharp nails on your Microsoft HQ private street.

Install gentoo you buttmad faggot

Apple has no future, since they lost the marketing genius Steve Jobs they will be in slow decline mode soon, they are just capitalizing on their past glory

Google is the future, Alphabet will be the first trillion dollar market cap company because of their AI cloud stuff

>Alphabet will be the first trillion dollar market cap company because of their AI cloud stuff

Except that's LITERALLY Apple you stupid fuck.

money.cnn.com/2015/04/17/investing/apple-could-be-first-american-trillion-dollar-company/index.html

>(((CNN)))

You realize that Apple is doing much, much, MUCH better now than they ever did with that cunt and going further up? They also have enough cash to buy themselves in every market there is. They could start making dildos tomorrow or warplanes by simply buying the market leader.

Alphabet won't overcome them at one trillion. Their projects are basically fucking around with the ad money they get.

>your data is stored on a server far away but you don't know where, you don't know who have acces to it and you don't know how they may use it

You really tell me someone with brains is ok with this shit?

What is it you're implying? Something wrong with the source? You'll find the same prediction all over the web you retarded cunt.

>support open source software

I’d like to take a moment to remind you that there is no first-party Google Drive client for Linux.

Apple Music lets you add your own music too.

It's such a fucking meme. Google leeches of open sores faggots and makes cash with their work.

>unironically being streamcucks

I use Google Drive between my phone and PC. iCloud is only good if you have Mac or iPad.

I have Spotify so Apple Music would be redundant. I've heard it's ok though. Nobody uses Google Play Music over Spotify.

Apple Maps is shit. I used Google Maps when I had an iPhone. Waze is good for alerting about cops and is compatible with Spotify now.

>Nobody uses Google Play Music

At least Google fucking gives you free shit and actually PAYS YOU to use their services, Apple just drains everything they touch.

>what is PRISM
>who is Edward Snowden

Simply following the laws of an oppressive country. The choice is either that or moving out of the market.

Unlike others, Apple active fought against them and cucked them with encryption. Google only followed with Lagdroid after it was standard on iOS for years. As long you don't keep your shit in the cloud, you actually get privacy with Applel.

> New massive Google data center built right across the street from massive new NSA data center
> construction workers say the two buildings are connected underground

LMAO @ Google shills

>fought against them
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Ranjeet.

Use an iPhone for privacy (don't give a shit about specs, so long as I keep getting security updates), and don't use cloud storage on it. I use FF for my main browser, brave as a backup, on a Linux system. DDG for my search engine, Tutanota for my email. All google gets from me is youtube (they don't even get scripts on me, as I use NoScript and a pass on this site).

Google still doesn't do encryption right. Compare APFS to whatever FAT system android uses.

you are a faggot

If you didn't buy it then what are you crying for? You got 6 months use out of a 3 year old phone that you got for free and still said the hardware was in impressive condition.

>Less than Tidal
My approximation wasn't too far off