/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacements General

Previous This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

General updates on the site
>Torznab api
>RSS feeds fixed
>Performance issues fixed
>Python uploading script
>Torrent file generation
>Scrapers fixed
>Stats fixed
>More frontend fixes
>Editing and deleting torrents
>Public mod log
>Filesize searching
>Audio captcha
>Language flags like anidex
>Mobile app
>Customizable mascots by URL
>DB clean up

As for the coming weeks
>Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
>Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
>Optimize the code
>Anidb integration
>Add in the nyaazi and anidex scapers into the main program
>Focus on stability and speed
>Refactoring, introduce proper testing and code review procedure
>Purge all unnecessary code as well
>Text board

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

taiga.moe/
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=%title%
zazzle.com/bakabtshop/products
github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app
github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app/releases
twitter.com/weebshop
weeb.shop/
twitter.com/Miaoooww/status/884362927637221376
transparency.pantsu.cat/expenses/
nyaa.si/user/herkz
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/758211
weeb.shop/product/nyaa-pantsu-sticker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know people are sick of this project, but I want to thank the devs who have been working on it and spending some cash just for some weebs.

I don-t think anyone is sick of this project though, only the nyaazi shills

w2c nyaapantsu slaps?

Keep those copyright notices posted NyaaPantsu dev, your responses are fucking hilarious

Seems like file list is only working on user submitted torrents, and even then it doesn't show the file names correctly.
Scrapped torrents don't have a file list and the torrent file can't be downloaded either.
Is this going to be fixed?

Yes both are getting fixed.

taiga.moe/

So how do I get my URL for Taiga now?

Which one do I choose?

new releases
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=

search
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=%title%

this is what i use. preset to search eng translated

>until after pantsu was actually stable and completely functional.

So never?

>Taiga
>no AniDB support
dropped

I can't really say I like this idea to have official merchandise. You're asking for attention in all the wrong places but ultimately it's up to you guys.

user has a point. Looking at .si, Anidex and TT, none has official merch. BBT has an official shop though zazzle.com/bakabtshop/products

ah, it's so beautiful

wait, nevermind it still sucks

also you have a problem with your comments

I hope they really listen and get rid of between # and # days old and switch it to between date and date. Because it makes no fucking sense you that you already need to know the dates first then work back the number of days it was released instead of just inputting the fucking date in the first place. Seriously who thinks up of these things?

nyaa.pantsu.cat will always be overshadowed by the superior nyaa.si
HorribleSubs and other important teams have picked it as their main tracker

Who cares, anidex was overshadowed by nyaa.se, and look at it now.

nyaa.si tends to be better because of all the problems pantsu has but they are both still in their infancy, if devs continue to improve pantsu I see no reason to stop using it when nyaa.si suffers it's own problems.

Will be fixed soon.
need to test out the de-dupe stuff on dev.
Yeah need to fix that up.
We plan on continuing to improve it and keep it going.
Got a number of features planned once the site is stable and functional.
The mobile app is also pretty neat and appeals to a lot of people.'
I think "sharing" torrent files to transmission or other apps is also planned for it.
Either way we're slowly and continuously improving the site.
Yeah it definitely has it's negatives and it'll just be stickers I believe.
The store plans to offer a large number of things anyway.
I actually want a sticker for my thinkpad since I love the logo.

Does that mean you're never going to drop the nyaa name now? I thought the plan was to move away from nyaa because the site is trying to do something more than what nyaa did.

This. I'm tired to see the nyaa attachment. I though logo user agreed to make a new one, and also the pantsu icon for mobile version.
And now since a few weeks pantsu.cat redirects again to nyaa.pantsu, should be in the other direction.

Yea, why are you guys so desperately clinging on to the nyaa name?
Just get rid of it entirely already. There's no point to it. Pantsu has nothing to do with nyaa now.

Because muh "nyanpasu". No serioulsy drop the name already, it's been more than two months, even though pantsu is still struggling it no longer has a reason to been associated as a simple nyaa.se replacement nor successor.

nyaa name is ok ur dumb

What's up with all people wanting to get rid of nyaa. The fuck are you up to, doing so, especially now, would most certainly decrease popularity.

Actually would worsen our SEO.

Where do you get the app?

github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app
Don't know if fdroid has finally added our app.

Nope, it's still not in the repo.

Sukebei's SLD scraper is dead. AGAIN.

Pantsudev mentioned a long ass time ago that they had plans to move away from the nyaa name and just be pantsu.cat but it looks like he changed his mind.

I wonder when they will.
Here's the actual release link
github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app/releases
Well at least for now it's staying for SEO reasons at least.
I do quite like the name.

.si scraper is ded

It's just banned. No more enemy's content for you.

are we winning or not? in terms of traffic I mean. against .si I mean.

we lost a long time ago, actually i dont think there ever was a competition.

If a replacement is ever made should be hosted in some neutral country like Norway.

>If a replacement is ever made
what?

> It's just banned. No more enemy's content for you.
Tor exists.

Well the replacements for Nyaa. That is what I mean.

This is my response

It's not an IP ban, it's a pattern matching one which distinguishes legit users from content thieves.

Oh, so you mean an official one?
I doubt the nyaa dev will make a new nyaa considering how fast he pulled the cord on the original. Didn't even give DB dumbs or some warning, straight up pulled the cord on it.
Considering the userbase is split between a lot of websites now (pantsu, .si, anidex, & a lot of other ones), i doubt he'd get much success trying to revive it
And i sure as fuck would not use it if it's for it to be deleted again the very moment he feels scared

EL CARTEL > PANTSU SCUM

I agree. But what I am saying in the future is to host the content on neutral servers instead of EU. It's obvious that is what happened to make him go away. If this was in Norway it would have been harder to pin the guy down.

In the future ewhal will get bored of his pet project and shut it down himself.

>It's obvious that is what happened to make him go away.

Actually, it's not.
We still don't know why Nyaa decided to kill Nyaatorrents.

From what I heard and what was rumored around various sites. It was EU enacting more anti Piracy laws and the owner was afraid and shut it down.

And don't you think you'll get some problems using the .cat? It's funny to use it for silly kitten things but it's actually a sponsored top-level domain. Although I think if you put just some silly thing about the catalan language they let you use it.

Catalan translation ought to be enough

Can someone redpill me on the problem with nyaa.si

>redpill

Kill yourself.

>being this new

>nyaa dies
>pantsu is born
>few days later nyaa.si is born too
>devs for nyaa.si doxx pantsudev and shill their site itt all day every day
>horrible subs puts out an announcement that they heard "worrying things" and "racism" about pantsu

Heh.

>Actually would worsen our SEO.
That's fucking hilarious you see because when searching on encrypted google:
>pantsu on 11th results page for "nyaa"
>pantsu on 15th results page for "pantsu"
The SEO is awfully inefficient, even .cx and .eu show before. At the beginning we had pantsu on 1st page, even when .si was launched it was still ahead, then you did shit and it was relagated after the 10th page since late may/early june and it was never fixed.
A few weeks ago searching for only "pantsu" would show pantsu.cat on the 1st page in the top 5 results, it was sufficient as a reference, no need to keep the nyaa name, then shit happened again and it vanished in the depths.
Searching for "nyaa" on google jp would return pantsu on the 1st page, it's no longer the case.
The SEO couldn't be worsen furthermore, I don't know the variation of the results between countries but I don't see a single effort to resolve this matter.

>even nyoo.moe is higher than pantsu when searching nyaa

I blame kipukun. I bet he fucked with the SEO like how he fucked with everything else and makes whatever he touches worse.

>literally no new uploads on pantsu since the nyaazi scraper died
Come on man don't make me use nyaazi.

I actually didn't mess with the SEO whatsoever, but I probably fucked it regardless

kkkkiiiiiillllllllllll yyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooouuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllfffffffffffffff kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Why not just scrape horriblesubs RSS?
Even though they spammed it before, it could easily be remedied by only having it active on schedule and only scraping shows with specified keywords e.g. [HorribleSubs] {SPECIFIED SHOW NAME} - {##} [{RESOLUTION}].mkv. the only solution for them would be to spam all users, and you would probably not be on the brunt of that attack.

That's it, I delet pantsu from my bookmarks. .si + anidex + TT + shana are what I only need.

>sukebei pantsu is top 2 results before .si
Well at least not everything is fucked.

>admins spend all day posting in a shilling thread instead of fixing what's wrong
Name the site.

nyaa.si
They just forget their trips

Im going to disable the singapore reverse proxy since the network is too slow to handle the traffic. (Shitty peering in singapore). There won't really be any significant difference since there will still be the russian server for the asian traffic. We will also be constantly rotating the reverse proxy's.

>russian server for the asian traffic
Why not some 3rd world SEA country instead? They might surprisingly have better networks.

I might try some, singapore has cheap and good connection but the provider i was in seems to have rather shitty peering.

nyaa.si

Actually from what I heard Google has been messing with the search results to curb piracy which sucks dicks.

Who the fuck is this guy and why does he sell Pantsu stickers?
He posts on Sup Forums and it's not any of the devs.

twitter.com/weebshop
weeb.shop/

twitter.com/Miaoooww/status/884362927637221376

Okay, apparently Miao knows of it.

Pls explain.

I think I failed one of my finals. I need a hug.
Torrents for this feeling?

It's already been explained in the last thread by PantsuDev.
see The site isn't exactly launched yet, however anyone can start ordering them now if they want. A large percentage of the money from each of the orders will go towards the servers (including upgrades) and bounties. The amount of money we get will also be posted on the transparency.pantsu.cat/expenses/
And where it will be going to as well.

>for my thinkpad

What model do you own?

>racism
Fucking autism

Why the fuck did the dox pantsudev, pantsudev is /comfy/

Wanna know where the racism allegations came from? Pantsudev was asked if he would take donations or set up a Patreon, and he replied "no, we're not like (((them)))". Some guy named Herkz who has some kind of official role at nyaazi and is a self proclaimed genderfluid sjw lost his shit and started complaining loudly and frequently about this

>self proclaimed genderfluid sjw

He's just a shitposter though.
A terrible shitposter, but just that.

Herkz is a bizarre case as to me he definitely knows his stuff on encoding and has insight on fan Translators. But at the same time drama seems to follow him wherever he goes. But why would he be mad about someone saying they are not like the other site?

It is pantsudev attempting to profiteer from piracy by launching his own shitty store. I like how everyone always has ulterior motives for anything. nyaa.si will probably have jlist ads again, pantsu is trying to launch a business from their site. Money is king boys, lets not pretend anyone is in this because they are nice.

>herkz
>official role
nyaa.si/user/herkz
>Trusted
>Not mod or admin
>Doesn't even have pp or anything in their IRC
??? are you just retarded or a straight pantsu shill? Because is accurate. All herkz does is shitpost, he isn't anyone important at all yet idiots like you and Sup Forums continue to feed him (You)s.

s/have pp/have op/

You got it backwards. Drama doesn't follow herkz, herkz creates drama. Just look at his twitter and you'll understand.

Well nothing is for free, even Sup Forums and other sites need money for servers and to make a small profit. Whether it is ads in the corner, yearly passes, clothes, stickers etc etc. It's not like they can do this out of their own pocket and it's cheap to do.

Is it so difficult to make Pantsu work as nyaa.si? Everyone is using .si instead of Pantsu because Pantsu's scraper is shit and the website goes 502 a hundred times a day.
Also, disable mascot by default. The page takes longer to load and the mascot itself is disgusting.

>he fell for the thinkpad meme
You are browsing Sup Forums too much.

Name the provider... Also, your previous twitter banner was better...

Tell that to the idiots hurfing all day about "muh nyaazi demon ad money" as if running a huge site serving tens of millions of requests per day is cheap or easy. Most of the people around here need some serious reality checks regarding the costs of operations. I mean just look at pantsu, they've spent like over 500EUR or something in two months. I can't imagine college kids can keep that going for long, and I don't really know if stickers was the right way to fix it.

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/758211

Best release for black lagoon?Itching for a rewatch.

They've had what, 15+ server migrations, constant search issues, display issues with user profiles not showing torrents, stats not updating or showing 0/0/0, and countless other issues? I'm pretty sure this is a classic case of Sup Forums doesn't know how to run a project. Let alone a large website.

Oh I agree absolutely ad revenue is important to sites like Sup Forums and passes barely keep this site alive or any other as it ism especially ad clicks. Moot even complained awhile back that Sup Forums barely even makes any money back and barely breaks even. They even said they might put things behind a paywall like gifs and large image files because those are big enough to hog space. Also to add to the irony is I always see it in every thread "why is it so slow!? Why is it having maintenance!?" It's because they are overloaded and they do not have the server space to hold up 2 million NEETS per month. Even YouTube is going to be in big trouble if not enough people pay for YouTube Red per month.

I try to turn off ublock for things like KissAnime,Sup Forums or pantsu because those sites have learned to place ads where they are not seen that much and are non intrusive. More sites are trying to do that now.

On the other hand I can understand having things like that on for YouTube ads because there is like 5 or 10 per long video and they really need to keep it to two or less that are 30 seconds long. But either way I do agree it's costly and it's a lack of education.

Server.lu

bumpan bumpan tsurubumpan

dev got updated but most pages give 404
fix this

also pick something other than shimapan, personal tastes aside sticking stripes on everything looks awful.

But if you do want to help them out, get your sticker over on weeb.shop/product/nyaa-pantsu-sticker ;) ;)

some people thanked me for a torrent i uploaded and it makes me feel all fuzzy inside