Systemd is kill

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING Sup Forums: LINUS IS ATTACKING SYSTEMD ON THE KERNEL MAILING LIST RIGHT NOW!

SYSTEMD BTFO!!!!!!!!

lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/6/577

>RIGHT NOW!

>Thu, 6 Jul 2017

just install windows. you deserve it.

this isnt even angry linus systemd wont die till it pisses him off

>Yeah, so I have to admit to hating this patch.

Torvalds used to be more salty than this, is he getting old?

Explain the issue to me like I'm 4 years old

>And yes, a large part of this may be that I no longer feel like I can trust "init" to do the sane thing. You all presumably know why.

ouch

Systemd is a single point of failure for your entire system because it handles every other process. If it crashes, then your whole system crashes, plus when it was new it had security weaknesses that could be exploited (although these were found and patched very quickly). It's also slightly slower than the old fashioned way of handling system processes through init, but on modern hardware (any computer post 2006) this is a non-issue.

This. Wtf is going on, I'm out of the loop on systemd

So why is this being addressed now? What happened to bring it into the spotlight

>implying
Linus has publicly called for retro-active abortion of an individual in the mailing list. This is nothing.

Great post user, you've explained what months of autistic screeching in other threads couldn't bring be to understand.

>Linus
>reddit spacing

Linus has never been bright. No surprise he's hating on systemd. There's a reason we acknowledge Stallman as the real genius and father of the whole thing, you know.

I'm not sure either. Linus has opposed systemd since its inception. This is known.

both systemd and dbus can't be restarted or upgraded without a reboot, dunno how this became acceptable

Probably because everyone got cucked by windows so hard they're used to rebooting whenever they have to update anything, and so they count it as a blessing that they only have to do it once in a blue moon with systemd gets an update.

>is he getting old
Age increases salt. He got cucked by the sjews.

>because it handles every other process.
And way too many other important things like name services, logging, and keeping passwords around for fuck's sake. If you have ever in your life wondered how spies infiltrate organizations and take control over them, I could not present a better example than systemd.

>He got cucked by the sjews.
nah still dodging false rape accusations like a boss

So you've done all the paranoid
>muh free seftwer
BULLSHIT
just to find out the operating systems recommended by FSF run systemd which is BAD AND DANGEROUS I'VE BEEN BROWSIN THE INTERNET BY FETCHING THEM THROUGH A PROGRAM THAT MAIL BACK THE WEBSITES I HAVE BEEN LINING MY HOLE HOUSE WITH TINFOILF JUST TO FIND OUT SYSTEMD IS FUCKING WITH ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>t. Sup Forumstard

>And yes, a large part of this may be that I no longer feel like I can
trust "init" to do the sane thing. You all presumably know why.

>The guy who built from scratch the OS that runs the entire Internet infrastructure, most smartphones and super-computers around the world, the same guy who also created the most advanced and popular version control system, somehow is not "bright"
is this bait?

>not using OpenRC
why?

>The guy who helped build along with people from all around the world a tiny part of the OS (namely, just the kernel) that runs the entire Internet infrastructure, most smartphones and super-computers around the world
FTFY

am i a pleb for liking systemctl? I'm not a pro sysadmin or anything but it makes managing servers so easy.

delet this

>linus is actively attempting to improve systemd
>Sup Forums just complains about it
Yeah, I guess that is the difference between us an Linus.

I don't think so. A single integrated init that not only starts programs but keeps them up is a great idea, if only it would shut up and just init and not try to take over userland like literally cancer.
There are days I'm tempted to try to write an init in NodeJS.

He's too busy riding that youtube money train to care

This. Thanks a lot user !

Poettering decided to fix something that was arguably pretty bad in Linux, the init system that was a bunch of bash scripts all over the place.
Then he decided that it's not enough and systemd should take over other parts of Linux as well and replace them with things are that aren't even better, and in case of udev (which is kinda important) literally moving the entire project into systemd.
And now every single distro that doesn't have the high level autism to fork the shit out of systemd uses it because there isn't really any other options.

>LINUS IS ATTACKING
who? why is he important again?

FUCKING FINALLY

linus already told poettering he was a faggot last time he tried to NOTABUG systemd hanging the kernel at boot

FUck. I didn't know it was this bad.
Trisquel 8 started using systemd too! Fuck me!

go to your room, no icecream
you have to stop painting the walls, sweetie

>And yes, a large part of this may be that I no longer feel like I can trust "init" to do the sane thing.
>You all presumably know why.

>Goes through entire post
>Just kernel discussion with a slight jab at systemd

thanks

by the standards of Linus he really didn't do much more than roll his eyes at it actually