Is there actually a language out there that is as fast as python to write but performs close to c?

Is there actually a language out there that is as fast as python to write but performs close to c?

Ideally without any manual memory management.

Other urls found in this thread:

nim-lang.org/
julialang.org/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_plot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No C is faster because it is weakly typed.

No.

That's not why C is fast.

I'm sure the speed purists will tell me I'm wrong but look into c#. The programs I build take a while to load but operate fast once running so it may not be appropriate. What are you trying to program?

Use LUA with lua-jit. It's pretty fast, and at least a few times faster than Python.
But it will never become as potentially "performant" as C, since C gives you a shitload of control, with which you can optimize for things like cache access and such.

>That's not why C is fast.
Actually it can help though if you know what you are doing.

If you are a fan of python I suggest you have a look at this:
nim-lang.org/

I would say rust, but I never used that.

Lua is a crippled piile of garbage, and anyone who claims is otherwise is joking and it's not even funny.

C# is slower than Java. Take your microsoft sponsored brainwashing to sevenforums

x86

why?

>fortran slower than tons of stuff
what

Crystal.

Go?

Fortran is only faster if you use the same algorithm in the benchmark. The fortran benchmark likely does things in the worst possible ways

Working on a backend application for a website. Sick of python's performance and the run - crash cycle.

Java

Julia is pretty decent
julialang.org/

What am I supposed to look at here? The bottom? The bottom of the rectangle? The top of the rectangle? The line inside it? The topmost line?

You should be looking at 5th grade maths book instead

Nobody teaches this shit in math fucktard.

>American education

Learn statistics, you will likely see diagrams like this many more times. The boxes and lines represent quartiles. It's not very difficult en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_plot there are khanacademy.com videos showing how it's done

It's taught in British GCSE. Year 10 if i recall correctly.

> Thinks he is a tech pro
> Can't do elementary statistics
kys faggot

I moved from Python to Go, it's a little more verbose than Python but I still prefer it.

look at nim

is the startup time still shit (1-2 seconds) ?

Looks neat, wonder how it is in practice.

You are describing Julia, except Julia is often faster than C at numerics.

unfortunately Go

>5th grade math
>statistics
XD

Who said anything about numerics?

chicken scheme

.net core, the new alpha version of .net that runs cross platform? Please use a more realistic comparison you mongoloid.

have you tried looking into jython?

no one had to say anything about it!
OP asked about a language as easy as python and as fast as C. I pointed out that while Julia is as easy as python and most of the time as fast as C, Julia fails to completely meet the requirements because it's actually some times faster than C in some cases (which I qualified by saying that those cases are often about numerics).

with a bit of effort, even you can learn english, dumb friend!

Your English is poor btw.

Try Go

Box plots are on most specs yeah

I haven't used it for quite a few versions so I can't really say if they've improved that area, I did notice that once it eventually got running it was a noticeable improvement over the speed of equivalent python code. Saved a decent amount of time doing Euler type problems

"Performant" is not a word.

>performs close to c?
>Ideally without any manual memory management.
No.