/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG Q6 (LG G6 mini) allegedly leaks out
phonearena.com/news/LG-Q6-G6-mini-design_id95861

Asus reveals the ZenFone 4 Max in Russia, with dual cameras and a massive 5,000mAh battery
androidpolice.com/2017/07/10/asus-quietly-reveals-zenfone-4-max-russia-dual-cameras-massive-5000mah-battery/

ASUS Zenfone 4 appears on Geekbench with Snapdragon 660 SoC
gizchina.com/2017/07/09/asus-zenfone-4-appears-geekbench-snapdragon-660-soc/

Flossy Carter OnePlus 5 "Real Review"
youtube.com/watch?v=mOkgXINkhWc

Massive Galaxy Note 8 Revealed In New Leaks
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/07/09/samsung-galaxy-note-8-infinity-display-size-upgrade/#3d74f601795e

Moto G5S Plus detailed in new leak: 5.5-inch, aluminum body, dual rear cameras
gsmarena.com/moto_g5s_plus_detailed_in_new_leak_55inch_aluminum_body_dual_rear_cameras-news-26073.php

Honor 9 review
gsmarena.com/honor_9-review-1629.php

MIUI 9 lockscreen leaks, upgrade to be available by August 16
gsmarena.com/miui_9_lockscreen_leaks_upgrade_to_be_available_by_august_16-news-26108.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-6917.php
youtube.com/watch?v=uxxEjI27dwg
ebay.com/itm/352049253484
aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Mobile-Phone-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32795263337.html
adage.com/article/digital/a-kfc-branded-chinese-smartphone/309690/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i sold this even before it got here.

Good lad

what you mean ? you didint like it ? im saving to get the s8plus

>that hairy hobbit feet

I bet you stole that and sold it as "new, unopened".

i got it for $425 when samsung was having their trade in bullshit. sold it to my cousin for $500

fug u got me :^)

im worried about buying cheaper online than on the stores , could they be fakes from chinks ?

They actually honored that? Holy shit

Is tempered glass protector still good?

always check the seller's reputation.

I don't understand...

They say that note 8 has a massive screen... But s8+ is the same size.

What am I missing here?

The Pixel XL is great. I just wish it had
>Dual speakers
>Front facing speakers
OR
>A smaller chin
OR EVEN
>Dedicated software buttons below the screen
Seriously this thing is awesome but it's got a fucking Jay Leno chin.

they have good feedback but internet reviews can be easily faked

trade in for what? i got not3 would they take that ?

due date?

need a phone for around $100, checked the chink phone wiki but no real options there. any recommendations?

S8+ has a slimmer than usual aspect ratio for the same distance between opposite corners so it has less surface area and pixels. The Note 8 aspect ratio might be closer to that of an ipad.

Tired of waiting for Note 8. This replacement S7E has been nice but I miss my stylus.

Hurry up Samsung. I almost don't care if they still explode. I don't charge to 100%.

BLU R1 HD 2/16 or Moto G4 Play from Amazon.

g4 play is good for that price. 2 ram, 16 gigs, 720p

cheers lads

yep.

im trading in my old z5. you could pretty much trade in anything as long as it works. dunno if the promo is still going on.

OP3/3T last great premium and affordable phone.

Yes

When I compare that to the OP5 and iphone 7 I get the sense that 1+ suddenly headed in a bad direction. If a company decides to imitate a competitor so closely for no good reason it's probably not a good sign.

Oh right now I get it, thanks.

S8+ is 6.2" and and apparently Note8 will be 6.3"

The aspect ratio will be same as the S8/S8+, 18.5:9

You might be able to get the Moto E4 for that price also, it's newer and has better specs than the G4 Play

>37:18
Disgusting. Why not 2:1? They're just trying to make things incohesive and difficult.

What practical difference is there between 18.5:9 and 18:9 (which the LG G6 is)?

None. It will fill the front of the phone imperceptibly more but it is further from the 16:9 ratio that most videos (Youtube etc) come in

What custom ROM's do you all use on your phones?

Displays are moving toward a 2^(K+1)*2^K resolutions standard.

asus zenfone 2 intel atom 4GB RAM.
is it worth buying for $90 new?

gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-6917.php

what's the best DS emulator for android?

No, it's a pile of shit.

see

No, battery life is shit, and screen develops phantom touch due to design flaw

t. former Z00A owner

Which protector material should I avoid so it doesn't generate wireless interference?
Is plastic good?

Drastic

Why do you fags keep crying about bootloop on the G4/G5 as if it's relevant to the V20 and G6? Even if it were an issue, is it not something that would be repaired under warranty?

it's longer.
just as Sup Forums predicted.

Should I buy the Nokia 6 on amazon? I have a budget of $550 or so but I'm a big finnboo

no.
wait for the next one.

>for no good reason

The reason is that the iPhone is the best selling most beloved series of phone on the face of the fuckin planet. Personal taste aside you can't really fault them for attempting to emulate what works best in the mobile world.

I need a new phone before the 21st. I'd rather wait for the new nokia phones but they're months away

iphone users won't switch to an android phone for that reason any more than macbook users would switch to new lenovo thinkpads

That's not the idea, junior. The idea is that they'd end up with an aesthetically pleasing phone with a beloved design without having to spend a decade refining their design. It's got nothing to do with winning over Applefags and everything to do with swallowing up a bigger piece of the Android market.

No, get the Moto G5+ or OP3T.

>swallowing up a bigger piece of the Android market
But who are the market?

What kind of phone would fit into the realm of:
- 1080p resolution screen
- Decent battery life
- Decent cameras. Don't plan to be doing photography, but clear pictures in indoor, possibly low lighting would be nice.
- 3gb ram (at least)
- Extendable storage (microSD)
- If possible at least 5.5"

Don't give a shit about size or weight. Chinkshit is fine. Budget is around $400, up to $500 if really really good. No iPhones

Got an lg g5. Cant even post a full screenshot because of file size limit. Ama.

Normies who buy Samsung and LG and have no idea what the fuck Oneplus is

Maybe they'll dismiss it as a lesser iphone imitator, especially with the China stigma.

Samsung 8 or OnePlus 5?
I can't decide.

LG G6

Can it be rooted to get rid of all the bloat carrier apps and other useless shit?

The unlocked one can, dunno about the carrier versions.

quick , honor 9 or axon 7 and why

LG G4 here, having problems with the camera. This black spot in the corner, what could it be? Thanks.

z5 compact with unofficial lineageos build off xda
y/n?

its dust

dust under the lens, tap the phone against a hard surface a few times and if that doesn't fix it it's time for a replacement

What's your method to rice your android phone

Do you guys think they'll ever fix jelly scrolling on the OP5? Holding me back rn, would rather get a OP3 because of it.

I'm trying to tap with my finger in a soft tissue, doesn't want to fuck off. I'm going in Denmark next month and I really wished to take beautiful pics with the phone. Warranty is over and I'm pissed off as fuck.

Nova and KLWP

Absolutely not. It's hardware related and can't be fixed

thanks

I'm looking for a phone that I'm going to use for one thing and one thing only: as a HUD for my car, using one of those reflective phone stand things. It's never going to leave the car, except for when I use wifi to update it. Carrier doesn't matter because I'm never going to activate it. It must:

>Handle temperatures from 20 to 100 degrees without something breaking
>Be bright enough to be visible in broad daylight
>Handle Torque and Hudway or other such apps without crashing
>cost less than $200

Ideally I'd like a phone that I can install a custom OS on so I can get rid of stuff I don't need (including the actual phone app), and that has induction charging. A 4"-6'" screen is best.

Any recommendations?

pls respond

I just ordered a redmi note 4 on aliexpress and used the DHL delivery option to france. Will I pay more than I see on the order on the website?

youtube.com/watch?v=uxxEjI27dwg

$30000 phone.

I-I dunno user, a lot of my normie friends with iPhones were really impressed with my OP5 mostly due to the almost stock Android, obviously the design and relatively cheap price...s-some even said they wanted to switch.

do you have to pay tax?

>leave phone in the sun
>explodes
>burn your shit box hyundai

Well here is the message they sent me.

What do you guys think about Nubia Z17?

It looks really good, hope they release an int version soon

I'm going to be sticking it in the glove box when I'm not driving or when I don't need it. Don't want the car broken into all the time.

>No, get the Moto G5+
sure, after motorola/lenovo decides to solve the low call volume issue. oh wait, they have yet to even acknowledge the issue, apparently

Is wireless charging a meme?
There's a wireless charging pad for like 13 bucks on amazon. Was wondering if I should even bother getting one or not though for my s7

anyone have any experience with the Xperia XA1?

My trusty, near 3-year-old Moto G2 was already kicking the bucket, but last week the screen cracked badly after it fell. Even though it still works, i'm looking toward replacing it, and Prime Day is enticing me with Phone sales.

What's the single most future-proof phone i can get on a budget of around $200 dollars?

if ur still here, any glaring issues yet? ive been hearing a lot of worrisome things about it, not including bootloops

im

im considering LG G5 which is 199 on ebay
ebay.com/itm/352049253484

alright so I think I'm going for the Oneplus 5
am I making a mistake?

y/n

Maybe

I had the S7 Edge and other samsung phones. I bought the OP5 last week.
Holy shit not going back to Samsung.

good little phone, promising camera, waterproof. the goodies of lineage. hell yeah

Anyone heard of the LG V20's headphone jack being wobbly?? That and the supposed screen burn-in are the only 2 things keeping me from pulling the trigger on this beast

look I have the OP5 and I'm not returning it. I can barely notice this bullshit everyone complains about, and that's after trying for a while and focusing. give it a try, the phone is awesome.

hows the xperia xz premium?

>No microSD
Why fucking not they have that little SIM slot, and this is their 5th fucking phone.

I have it, no mistakes at all. Super pleased with this fucker.

I had never been trusty of Chink sites like Alibaba, but a friend of mine bought a Redmi Note 4 and it turned out to be an Awesome phone for a dirt cheap price (he got it for $150).

aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Mobile-Phone-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32795263337.html

I want to get that phone, but i have a few questions:

I've heard Chinkphones are pretty customizable, but i only recently jumped into the Smartphone meme and i'm a bit lacking of knowledge of them. Is it possible to mod it so that MIUI can be replaced by other firmware closer to Stock Android, kinda like the Moto Phones?

Is there any drawback to it or at least from buying it in Alibaba? Because i like how well it performs, but i'm sure there has to be some Cons.

Yes. Especially with all the fast charging available

Cop or not?

adage.com/article/digital/a-kfc-branded-chinese-smartphone/309690/

Brothers need new phones... What are good budget upgrades from a nexus 5 and a Droid turbo? This will be for a t-mobile network so band 12 needed.

Country, USA

Nah, not yet. The thing i feared most was screen burn in, but i see nothing of that sort. The only annoying thing so far is the lack of a power button on the side of the phone, but thats minor.

>Is it possible to mod it so that MIUI can be replaced by other firmware closer to Stock Android
Yes, they're called custom ROMs and the Redmi has plenty of stock android based ones