Sup Forums mocks ribbit

>Sup Forums mocks ribbit

>Sup Forums has intel vs amd shitposts and "what language do i learn over the summer" threads

>ribbit has a machine learning section where you can discuss the latest papers with top researchers in the field and QAs with pioneers
>ribbit has news about programming, netsec, malware analysis, and reverse engineering
>ribbit has all the latest spicy linus lkml rants
>ribbit has entire boards dedicated to shitposting, tailored for the taste of the particular user

ribbit a gay.

Anyone can use Google and make a Reddit post.

all those discussions are pseudo-intellectual & shallow and they never go deep in the subject though. it's just faux intellectualism for the sake of feeling intelligent and trying to impress fat chicks throwing buzzwords around.

But their sections are shit. Not the Sup Forums is much better but the Reddit has a lot of problems after becoming the biggest forum in the world.

Go back.

how is this pseudo intellectual, you dumb friend?

>I am really surprised that I haven't seen more Hessian-free optimization (HFO) around, even though it seems like it's all-around better than gradient descent (except that it's more difficult to implement).
>the gradients and log-likelihoods were computed using the entire dataset. - makes it quite non-scalable.
>When close to the optimal second order methods behave sometimes even worse than first order because the signal to noise ratio becomes very small and that is amplified from the estimation of second derivatives.
>In the SGD regime, second-order methods don't offer exponential speedups, that is typical in the canonical optimization setting.

Plebbit is shit, people tout it's one million boards or whatever they call them there but ignore the damage that level of fracturing does to the communities involved, how is anyone even supposed to find interesting new boards on that site? Completely ignoring how genuinely cancerous and regressive their le upboat system is.

>how is this pseudo intellectual, you dumb friend?
those you listed are all data already available, looks like you got triggered because your real intellect level got exposed.

>damage that level of fracturing does to the communities involved
This is the best way to kill the shitposting.

no shit, i'm quoting from a reddit thread, you dumb friend. sure, all that info is readily available, but then anything is readily available and there wouldn't be any reason to discuss anything.

dumb friend.

Then you're just left with dedicated shiposting boards on there that are some of the most cringe inducing circlejerks on the internet.

keep making me dumb until you feel our intellects are equal, mr. insecurity complex.

which is completely fine, because you don't have to read them.

on Sup Forums, shitposting is interspersed with good content (which is a small minority), so ribbit wins on this front.

>hey they are putting the garbage in the trash bin
If the Sup Forums stay on Sup Forums and Sup Forums stay on Sup Forums the things would be better here.

Well I have to support you on that
Sup Forums has turned into a shit hole, microcontroller threads barely last a few hours with 20 replies max, while GPU1vsGPU2 threads last forever. Don't even get me started on Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel and MacOS vs windows vs linux threads

If it is so great, why are you here?

that doesn't have anything to do with the arguments in here, but the pros of Sup Forums is that i can laugh at retards

you technically can in reddit too, except in very technical and niche subs, retards get called out and buried immediately, so it's not as fun

Yep, this place is a lost cause for actual technical shit. I still come here, but if you want to talk about actual tech beyond idiotic gaymer shit than reddit is a good option these days.

Try to make a topic on anything interesting here, microcontrollers, radio, etc and you'll get more or less no replies because the kids are too stupid for it.

>his only alternative to Sup Forums is plebbit
>not one of the alternative chans
How to out yourself as a newfag: the posts.

The other chans have all the same fucking problems, but to a lesser extent. The extremely fractured community of reddit and highly specific boards is a feature, not a bug.

>alternative chans

that would be a reasonable point if this discussion involved alternative chans, but it doesn't

>shitposting is interspersed with good content
no, that's WHY Sup Forums is better. Shitposting is a feature.

A niche community is better than retard community even the niche community is about retards

Shut up, applefag.

reddit is good if you just want to read the current groupthink agreed upon gist of stuff

it is absolute shit if you are actually trying to discuss or post things

>A niche community is better than retard community even the niche community is about retards
which is literally what plebbit offers.

>new an account and nickname to posting
This is the biggest flaw.

I agree. User names are a cancer on a site like reddit and they would be here too if we had to have them.

And the discussion here doesn't?

I mean, I agree that the threads over aren't great, but the ones here are just as bad.

Sup Forums would be a lot better if the plebbit faggots would go back to plebbit.