/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

/mkg/ - Prime Day edition

>Sweet deals
amazon.com/
>Mechanical Keyboards
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=prime-day&field-keywords=mechanical keyboards
>Rubber Domes for the unenlightened
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=prime-day&field-keywords=pc keyboards&rh=n:13887280011,k:pc keyboards
More deals to come!
If you find any post them here.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Pbt-laser-engraving-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-poker-keyboarded-60-keyboard-black-white-61-key/32678368635.html
aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-pbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps-cherry-profile-sublimation-black-on-black/32810982138.html
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EJ7ZHQG/ref=twister_B01M4G9A17?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A9QOLV8/ref=gbps_tit_m-3_4cf6_5c636a7e?pf_rd_p=3fe4b428-e741-4341-8704-df358e614cf6&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10407971031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=Q0N505JGGWPKZVMY4NSD&th=1
amazon.de/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanische-Beleuchtet-programmbierbar/dp/B016OFR9E4/ref=gbph_tit_m-4_49f5_241f6227?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_p=87740239-7f9b-4f3c-a25a-c46defb349f5&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10157707031&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=8DQ49M1EKRR6W2XRQ71G
caseking.de/ducky-one-gaming-tastatur-mx-red-blaue-led-transparent-blau-gata-668.html
caseking.de/ducky-one-pbt-gaming-tastatur-mx-blue-weisse-led-schwarz-gata-904.html
candykeys.com/leopold-international-iso/
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-ultra-compact/
youtube.com/watch?v=-A-vRZth7SI
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/cherry-mx-black-mechanical-switches/
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/outemu-black/
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/outemu-red/
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/gateron-red/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh yeah previous thread

>Prime Day
oh look it's literally nothing

where is my prime day F77 ultra compact w/ bucking spring penis pump

some meme pics of my first mech keyboard
xd60 with pbt dsa keycaps

those dsa keys look great. where did you pick them up? looking for some cozy 104-108 pbt dsa's

>xd60/64
nice layout

aliexpress.com/item/Pbt-laser-engraving-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-poker-keyboarded-60-keyboard-black-white-61-key/32678368635.html

Some of the longer keys are slightly bowed, mainly noticeable on my caps lock key. Also they're only 1mm thick, but they were pretty """cheap""". They feel nicely textured, though.

Also for some reason my caps lock is off. Not sure what's causing it, happens with another cap of the same size.

If I under stand this correctly, you have a small R-Shift, a R-Alt, then an Fn key and no R-Ctrl?
Jeezus, man.
I prefer how the Tada did it: Just add one more key column to the right.

I actually have a custom layout using QMK. FN 2 has media controls.
I don't really use the right modifier keys, but I do use arrow keys.

I considered buying something like the Anne Pro, Plum, or Tada but I don't really like the case/keycaps for them and to replace them would have come out than a custom build anyway. Also the ability to fully program the keyboard is a nice bonus (although I think you can program those 3 too)

The Anne pro and plum aren't fully programmable. The tada is, and already comes with some of the best keycaps money can buy. If you want extra meme points it even comes with a metal case or DSA keycaps

What's your guys opinions on these keycaps?

I'm considering buying them myself

aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-pbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps-cherry-profile-sublimation-black-on-black/32810982138.html

Those are high quality keycaps, but they look gay on your keyboard

The Rama m-65 on the top left is my end game keyboard. I recently sold my Ducky, a Poker and a diy Planck kit as I'd like to leave this hobby and just own one really nice board but I'd rather build it myself. What kind of 60/65 case could I get that's raised and thick like that in the back? I would just buy the Rama one but all of their shit is sold out. Suggestions on a PCB?

Probably should be more concise. I'm looking to build the closest possible thing to that board. I already have the DSA key so set. Just need a suitable gunmetal looking thick ass case, a PCB and to decide which switches I'm going to use.

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys

Fuck sorry, meant to post saying that your keycaps look like a knock-off of the real thing, so you might as well get actual EnjoyPBT keycaps.

That being said, if you don't speak Weeb, you'll look like a huge tool.

The closest thing you're gonna get to >DUDE BEZELS LMAO is the Fjell. Their groupbuy has recently wrapped by and people are getting their shipments, so who knows, they might start it up again. But you're gonna spend a shit ton of money and wait a lot of time to get it. Or you could keep an eye on the reddit market (though I'm sure hardly anyone is gonna give it up).

>not a model m13
gay

Are there any small, chiclet style mechanical keyboards like this membrane one I have?

I know there's those flat Kailh switches and Cherry ML switches, but they're really only used in commercial applications. I think reviews generally said that Cherry is shit and Kailh is just ok.

Good luck finding caps.

>2011 was 17 years ago
fuck.

So have you been looking for new keyboards and keycaps recently, or have you just given up?

I am """"""""""looking"""""""""" but I just spent $6,500 on... my other hobby and need to fucken chill.

So I'm just here to see what's a goin on!

When will sacrifice Unicomp to gateron god?
We need our capacitive buckling springs.

>Delayed again
assdrop

OH SHIT /mkg/ I'm just about to buy some Gateron greens! Quick tell me why they're shit and what will literally be better

What's with the extra row of keys on top of that thing

bought my first mechanical for cheap, is there any reason to spend more than aesthetics and mx brand?

Build quality as well.

But once you get to around the price point of a pok3r then it comes down to switch choice, layout and aesthetics decisions. Like not having an F row.

Tada68 or Poker ii/Pock3r?

I want blue switches. Forgot that.

Both are good boards, totally down to preference, it would be hard to recommend one over the other.

The only thing that makes me choose the Poker is thst carries cherry brand blues. I always read thst clicky gaterons still are shit.

Never tried gat blues unfortunately, I have a pok3r with cherry blues though and I really enjoy that board. I don't think you would regret the pok3r anyways, maybe try get hold of a switch tester or something first though to try out the gat blues

Any eurobros here? Memeforce with Outemu Brown for £24:
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EJ7ZHQG/ref=twister_B01M4G9A17?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'd get Gateron but they'll almost twice as expensive. Are Outemu browns better than Cherry?

Also there's Outemu Blacks/Blue for £30 but I think it's normal price:
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A9QOLV8/ref=gbps_tit_m-3_4cf6_5c636a7e?pf_rd_p=3fe4b428-e741-4341-8704-df358e614cf6&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10407971031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=Q0N505JGGWPKZVMY4NSD&th=1

currently deciding between Leopold FC900r LED and Ducky One Black Edition LED.

thoughts?

I've never seen someone build a custom with Outemu switches so I doubt they are better, haven't used them myself though.

At that price what can go wrong, might order one myself just to try it

My friend got Magicforce from aliexpress and the overall quality felt great, so at least I'm sure about that.
I noticed the Black one will be on sale later this evening, so I'll probably go with that one. I really wanted to try linear after using alps white for a year.

is the filco majestouch 2 tkl with brown switches good?

t. not a greasy nerd

To buy or not to buy?

>Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016
>83€

amazon.de/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanische-Beleuchtet-programmbierbar/dp/B016OFR9E4/ref=gbph_tit_m-4_49f5_241f6227?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_p=87740239-7f9b-4f3c-a25a-c46defb349f5&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10157707031&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=8DQ49M1EKRR6W2XRQ71G

Im aware razer is a meme, but the price is looking good.
Other mkb i was looking at are twice the price logitech/corsair.

lol not for that price. That keyboard is worth 60 bucks tops. Consider something from the Ducky series of keyboards
caseking.de/ducky-one-gaming-tastatur-mx-red-blaue-led-transparent-blau-gata-668.html
caseking.de/ducky-one-pbt-gaming-tastatur-mx-blue-weisse-led-schwarz-gata-904.html
Since you're in Germany he prices are 20€ more expensive then here in the US, but these keyboards are in another league compared to ducky.
Or
If you don't care about fancy features like programmable back lighting, function macros, rebindable media keys, and keyboard layers like the ducky keyboards, then get a Leopold instead as they have solid build quality that very few keyboards can match
candykeys.com/leopold-international-iso/

Thinking about cancelling my Planck assdrop order. what get with money saved?

Mechmini 2
KBDfans NIUNIU

another vote for the leopold, excellent board for the price and no F keys

>83€ for kailh switches keyboard
I wouldn't call that a good deal. Better get Ducky One.

maybe it's just the pics but i don't like the color schemes

modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-ultra-compact/

Can I swap the keys out on any model M? Is there a version of the model M that's better than others?

yes, the older ones

That's what I figured. I'm going to get one from the late '80s. Are there frequent driver issues?

lol good one

I wasn't making a joke, I'm just retarded. I've been using an IBM Spacesaver 2 for the last few years and I want an upgrade.

I noticed some of the older Model Ms have a pointing stick, but they're an old version that doesn't work as well. pls halp

there are no drivers, which is why the terminal models need an adapter. Just get a new one from Unicomp
youtube.com/watch?v=-A-vRZth7SI

so are the romer g switches actually good or is it a meme?

you can always get a new one from unicomp. They are hated on because literally they are not the model m. I personally like the unicomp better cause it is lighter, win key, and comes built in with a usb instead of having to solder one in with the model m.

They were always bad and an ironic meme.

whats so bad about em?

Scratchy and less smooth. Even compared to the Cherries. Not to mention it was Logitech's shitty attempt to capitalize on a keyboard switchtype.

Worse than Cherry MX browns. Or browns with o-ring at best.

Any good sites for learning "proper" and fast typing? I get around 80 wpm and I'm not happy at all with that. I need to use more fingers then just my index,middle and thumps.

yikes

keybr.com

Thank you, exactly the one I was looking for actually.

+
+ I'd rather type on my CMX poops. Do your self a favor and ignore RomerGees and just get yourself Gateron Browns.

Smooth as butter bebbi

>Gateron Browns
This. Went there and never can go back. They feel so right.

i have a noppo with gat browns already and i like it, i was just wondering if romergees were good.

nah, if you really want another keyboard try the cherry blues. Personally my fav second choice. There are also smooth buttery linear switches for gaterons you can try. That or you can get buckling springs and never go back to cherry/gaterons.

i have a tada with gat yellows i think theyre my favorite switches ever

black keyset arrives in 2 days!

Stock white HHKB pro2 is still the best looking board I've seen

hhkb stormtrooper ftw

Magicforce Gaterons are cheap, probably worth a buy for anyone looking for a cheapo first mech. Other than that.. it's Amazon, not exactly the mecca of mech keyboard buying

Ducky One PBT caps 89$
Should I get it

I have them bound as media keys for actual use AND good looks.

the normal price is $60, $56-63 isn't as cheap as they want you to think it is, and the $56 price is only for worthless switches, not blue/brown

35g plum arrived today.

It's lovely. The keycaps are better than I expected.

That does look real nice, might pick up a spare set of black keys for mine to switch things up

Looks strange to me, never seen those keys before

if you want a magicforce with red/black switches, you may as well get the $40 outemu version (maybe avoid the kailh version). cherry (with the new molds), gateron and outemu should be about the same when it comes to linear switches.

乇乂T尺卂 丅卄l匸匚

>gateron and outemu should be about the same when it comes to linear switches
Can anyone else confirm?

I'm on the edge on buying outemu blacks but always heard good things about gateron linears

input club fucked up their gateron black page, but outemu is a bit heavier, and gateron is the same weight as cherry mx black

input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/cherry-mx-black-mechanical-switches/
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/outemu-black/

input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/outemu-red/
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/linear/gateron-red/

are we really going to trust input club now that their massive hateboner for gateron looks more like talking down the competition since they've partnered with kailh

the objective force measurements are the best i know of, feel free to test them yourself, and outemu is underrated as fuck especially when it's $15-20 cheaper than gateron

The force graphs are fine, but everything else they do should be ignored.

fair enough

I just want a 60-65% or TKL rubber dome keyboard.

Why can't I find any?

I don't want to blow 90 euroshekels on a Tada 68.

BTC 5100 capacitive rubber dome

You can also mod it to convert to capacitive.

Looks good, but paying almost 60 bucks for a rubber dome isn't really appealing.

then try in you cheap bastard. pay for junk, you get junk

hhkb lite

help me out with a setup

Budget $350

Silent as possible
10keyless or full
Linear or cherry brown equivalent

You want something with Cherry silent blacks/reds, Matias quiet clicks or to buy some of GMK's new plate-mount silencing clips

silenced topre

gateron yellow/black with o-rings

noted thanks

are keycaps / boards important for silence?

Just so you know

These two options both only silence one part of travel (Return for Topre and bottom out for O-rings), while the options listed in all silence both the return and bottom out.

yes, you probably want a sturdy plastic frame (not aluminium), and thick pbt keycaps