It's over

It's over.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/ethereum-price-flash-crash-refund-2017-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quite the mine there

hahahah fucking ETH

can't wait for sell off

Why doean't Nvidia just mine their own shit and keep the earned cryptos?. Probabky more profitable than selling videocards.

Fucking finally

>didn't sell my 390x while I could

Selling overpriced cards to miners is much more profitable

Oh yeah can't wait to get my hands on some primo half-melted cards that have been abused for months on end.

you think they would let amd rake in the profits? i think not!! also who says they don't have their own mining operation. they probably have a super farm in china or somewhere top secret

I might takes months for prices to go back to RRP and supply to normalise though

I do not believe you know how hardware works.

Good. Get rekt you dumb mining cunts.

A few questions

1. Why is the 1070 so popular for mining?
2. What are the calculations for? Who do they benefit?
3. What is the realistic cost vs profit on this?
4. Is it worthwhile to let my GPU (gtx1080) mine when I'm at work?

Kek. It's time to buy.

1) unavailability of Amd GPUs
2) blockchain, plenty of info online
3) use calculators for your desired cryptocurrency
4) most likely

Most efficient after AMD cards.
The calculations are modified AES hashes. No one.
Falling rapidly. It's too late to invest (at least in Bitcoin or Etherum) if you haven't already.
Only if you don't pay for power. Your GTX 1080 is less power efficient thanks to its GDDR5X which is why no one mines with them.

He's right you dumbass.

>290
That's an old BTC or Litecoin mine.

Oh silly me. I forgot that GPUs were immune to entropy.

>Why doean't Nvidia just mine...
And why arent there any millionaire buy orders if the price will only go up?

Because grownups dont invest in monopoly money user. take the hint.

Goddamn. I have a single reference R9 290 and it's already loud (even when not full load), I can't even imagine how ear piercing 5 or even 10 of them could be when working at 100% load.

Server rooms sound amazing. Sometimes you need ear protection to spend more than a few minutes in them.

>go to rural hardware stores with shit websites
>Buy gtx 1070 for retail: $400
>Put it on eBay and watch it sell for $600 in 2 hours

Thanks for the hand outs crypto cucks

strip the reference shit and slap on something like pic related

What, you think your real-life graphics card is a Platonic representation of the blueprint sketched out by chip designers? Think again. A percentage of logic gates and memory bits will be broken straight off the production line, and more fail every time you turn your computer on (in fact, they'd still slowly degrade if you left it in storage). Redundancy is built in for this reason, but that's designed around getting X years out of a component with Y probability under normal usage. If you overclock and/or mine cryptocurrencies, you'll be pumping in far more energy than expected, and your card will therefore degrade much faster. Only a mug would buy a graphics card that's been used in a mining rig.

>waste electricity
>produce nothing
digital """"""""currencies"""""""" are a disgusting and vulgar hobby, and anyone who generates them should be hung by the neck until dead

I really fucking hate entropy.

I bought 10$ worth of bitcoin because it looks kool but it's now only 8$. What the fuck is this?

It's not currency, of course. It's not even money. It's just shit bubble.

At least ETH does something useful.

They are starting to come down in price a bit but I think we are weeks away from it finally being "over".

so where can I buy a few ex-mining cards for cheap?

Maybe 2 months? Do you have a rough estimate?

on paper, in reality it doesn't
would be nice if it did
just pay a little for any calculation you want
it's hard to make market for calculations I guess, free supercomputer time for everyone would be nice though

when vega comes out at MSRP, wait and see
market will suddenly normalize overnight

Should I try mining some low-name unknown altcoin on my laptop? I am not looking for profit, I just want to see that 0.001 altcoin in my wallet. Any tips?

go to /biz/

Let alone the firmware flashing done on these cards to max the hashrate. Fuck buying used mining cards.

Wait, they even replace the firmware? Shit, here I thought I would get a sweet deal on a used mining gpu.

just google cryptocurrencies and pick one pajeet

Yeah a friend of mine, mines and he talks about how most people flash the firmware before they begin mining. I thought so too senpai :(

Do you consider the security systems of centralised online banking also disgusting and vulgar?

Source? Etherium finally bombed?

Nigga please the entire house built on sand is sinking.

Well, it SHOULD be possible to flash the OEM firmware on it again.
But this still has me worried

I wonder when GPU stock/prices will go back to normal.

I agree for whatever the difference may be, it's not worth it for the piece of mind.

it's backed by actual, physical value that 99% of humans believes in
cryptocurency is backed by nothing that 0.05% of humans believes in

You know you can just reflash the original BIOS unless you're too mentally challenged to figure out how.

What the fuck happened?

>17 trillion dollars
Am I blind? What the fuck?

>Just when they were making mining only nvidia cards

that's the market cap, what's so surprising about it?

I'd love to see any evidence backing this claim of wear through mining up .

We have a few cards for NN stuff in our department that basically run 24/7. Some of them are >4 years old at this point. Not a single failure.

We get it, you're trying to sell your cards to recoup losses.

A decent attempt to a major shakeout but I'm not sure it'll succeed at all
Money is definitely changing hands tho.

Let these retards think all the cards used for mining are "worn out". Less people to bid against when they all get dumped on eBay.

What kind of cunt doesn't peel that shit off?

Oh we do. But we don't mine. We just buy and sell coins. Way easier.

>It's too late to invest
Nigga have you seen the prices in the past few hours? Shit makes me want to blow my brains out, my portfolio is only slightly higher than 50% of my all-time high (which was like three weeks ago lol) ;_;

Is it really that bad? Would you buy one if you could get a good deal or you wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet pole?

Dump or hope it spikes again?

if you must ask then you're essentially gambling at this point.

the conclusion of this mega triangle was obviously faked with a very low volume dump, and it worked: people panic sold.

This is the best time to go long we'll see in quite a long time.

Wat?

I heard something like 5% of the worlds energy is being consumed by cryptofags. They love their global warming. Anyhow, there is no real value in this meme. That money has to come from somewhere and it's other miners who didn't get in and out early enough (dumping). Same as stocks and shares. Someone has to lose for others to win.

because mining is net loss on electricity alone

>I've got a 480, I should try the crypto meme
>Decide on Monero
>downloading the 20GB blockchain for 5 days over Australian internet
>Have to wait a whole month to reach minimum pool payout of 1 Monero
>Crash happens
fug

I wish people who are new used their brain a little before doing afk mining with their cards. It's not a problem for most models, but you gotta be aware that if the VRAM and/or VRM aren't properly cooled on your implementation, you might kill the card eventually. Mining isn't equivalent to gaming load.

The plastic on the fans label.

>290

I'll bring the bbq sauce.

It's already going back up. Ethereum is at 201 bucks already

>Dogecoin has a $200m market cap

This is the weirdest timeline

>AUTISM
>U
>T
>I
>S
>M

Miners have a economic incentive to reinvest in the coin they're invested in to prop up the price. When these guys run out of money it'll crash hard.

>tfw it's bouncing back up

Peel, degenerate.

dead cat bounce

>/biz/ is acting like theres a nuclear holocaust
>Literally everythread is sperging out about how Bitcoins are worthless now

Is this normal or did something happen to crypto currency?

Bullshit. It costs me about $18 a month for a single 480. Even with the current crash/dip I'm still making $30-40. It might be peanuts, but it's still profit.

how much were you making before yesterday's crash?
some other guy claimed he was making like 80bucks the other day with a single 480

A year to cover the cost of the card and another to break even with energy cost. neat

Already at 210 dollars

Git fucked

does it run firefox?
lol

$80 sounds about right dual mining.

The card was bought as my main GPU before mining rush. Covering the cost of the card doesn't fit into the equation because I needed it anyway. And fucking off with the "you're going to burn up your card" meme.

Will the RX470 go below 150?

Starting to think coin miners are brain damaged

Miners can now finally kill themselves and burn in hell.
Remember to NOT buy dead mining cards for more than 20% MSRP. Do NOT let them make profit from it.

Buy the dip. The ascension is about to begin.

Why don't they just increase production?

I spent $25,000 on crypto and made some small profits overall in the last few months.

But really, should I have invested in an ETH mining rig instead? One Sup Forumsentooman a month ago go bought some sort of specialized hardware for it from China, and can't seem to find it again.

Bi, not tri. Learn how to count.

Get your popcorn ready

meanwhile at /biz/

why would sell your shit on the low just cause of a small crash?
either a fucking mong or a shill trying to make people panic to buy cheap

Probably automated sell. businessinsider.com/ethereum-price-flash-crash-refund-2017-6

I'm suddenly in the market for a used GPU ..

>Open up my local tech forum
>Never seen a bitcoin rig sold there
>Someone just listed a €6k rig for sale

its happening

newfag miners are fucking pussies
won't even hold and wait

What do you expect? It's all knee jerk speculative bubble bullshit. Nobody seriously invests in this shit, it's just another get rich quick scheme.

>t. ethereum miner on suicide watch