Video Converting Program

I've been looking at various video converting programs and none of them are seem to be able to "mass convert" files from their original state to their same state (I.e. copied) straight into the new format.

Xmedia recode can do this (copy from an Avi to Mp4 instantly while maintaining the original file size), however it only takes individual files and is very time consuming, if I try multiple files the program crashes. I have many many files to convert.

Is there a program which actually can do these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/
handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/advanced/queue.html
instagram.com/miaalvesc/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should be able to script something around ffmpeg. what conversion are you doing? it you're trying to do a lot in a short amount of time it becomes very resource intensive very fast, look at this: aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/

learn what a for loop and ffmpeg is.

What about Handbrake?

handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/advanced/queue.html

Handbrake can do this. It's also godly on multithreaded CPUs.

Yeah I'm going to try ffmpeg , however I'm a retard when it comes to anything programming and can't even do the most basic things like for loops with any confidence.

How do I set up the for loop with ffmpeg?

assuming your mp4's are in a directory called `in/` and you want thing to go to `out/`
for x in $(ls in/); do ffmpeg -i $x -c:v libvpx -crf 10 -b:v 1M -c:a libvorbis out/$x.webm ; sleep 5 ; done

this will take a long time still but you can do some bong rips now

also these are webm's you wanna look up the codecs for mp4

I'll try these too

Okay but my only question is, does handbrake allow the almost instantaneous conversion of files into the same quality (eg Avi to MP4 ) in the same way as ffmpeg, or does it require a mandatory "conversion" to a preset format?

Ok appreciated. I'm still abit confused about the /in /out

What would I need if I was inputting the files from a folder on my desktop into my "my videos" folder both on my C: drive

oh shit, sorry that's bash. it'd only work on linux. try the handbrake thing the guy was talking about. sorry i don't know much about windows

Avidemux you autist

if you want to cut or crop the file, do so on the i frames to avoid needing to convert or getting errors in the edits

This is perfect.

Am I able to select a folder and convert multiple files at once too or not?

many options: media encoder is great, hardly crashes, can handle thousands of files.
and sony vegas aswell, using regions and the in-built batch render scripts. different resolutions batch rendering will be a better idea as vegas has a timeline you will put the clips on. encoder is a bit more straight forward. forget any kind of free software, nothing works smoothly with serious encoding payloads. hope this helps.
secret tip: after effects can batch import comps for render into encoder, fastest way to set up a overnight render queue wth multiple resolutions

editing dark lord tip: bulk rename + multiple instances of vegas rendering in cpu and gpu(s) alternatively. all rendering multiple formats and resolutions and then use bulk rename utility to rename and organize thousands of files. my job in part is doing this :p dont do this on a laptop or you will melt it

>from their original state to their same state

you mean lossless stream copy from one container to another? (meaning switch from one format to another without modifying the video or audio streams) for example h.264 video + aac audio from mkv/mov/mp4/ts between each other?

ffmpeg -i input.ts -c copy output.mp4

make a loop like xmedia recode shouldn't crash if you're doing that btw. this is about as simple of a task as it can run. you have to pick stream: copy under the audio and video tabs, instead of stream: convert.

Google "bash for loop"
Google "cmd prompt for loop"
Anything man

Sauce on Qt_v3.14?

Yeah that's what I mean.

I found that Avidemux is good as someone else suggested

Not sure why xmedia keeps crashing, as soon as I try to load more than one file or try to reload another file after a conversion of one file, it just freezes up and never comes back until I close it from task manager.

Dunno. Someone else posted it ages ago. I think it was on /s/

Sure is summer...

instagram.com/miaalvesc/?hl=en

>implying anybody knows this irrelevant slut

>implying I know this slut

First fucking result in google on reverse image search.

Handbrake

Also fuck all the command line eltiste