Well, Sup Forums?

Well, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N_0MiR4b5R8?t=1m43s
nacto.org/docs/usdg/vehicle_stopping_distance_and_time_upenn.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=u4bvSru_dAg
vid.me/gwtx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slow down ahead of time because it knows the light is gonna be red.

It should stop

Apply brake, pedestrian.

All these non answers. Accident will happen the question is should ai be made to prioritize pedestrians or occupant. IMO slow down as much as possible and swerve. The car is made to take crashing human bodies are not.

The duty if the smart car is to ALWAYS protect its occuptants. I don't pay exorbitant amount of money for a car which will kill me on purpose.

>complaining about "non answers" when the dilemma is retarded in the first place

kys

in the future pedestrians will be on self driving skateboards, which will communicate with the self driving car over the interweb and predict and avoid the accident

If you are going to program an AI why wouldnt you want it to be prepared for any scenario. These might be thought experiments but it is plausible that something very similar could happen.

the pedestrian walk sign shows the red hand, the car's light is implied to be green.

Kill the pedestrians. Everybody knows self-driving car are programmed by underpaid gook slaves, and traffic laws in the far east make no fucking sense, so if you cross the road when the light is red, the driver can get away with killing you if he doesn't infringe the law.

Bonus fact: in China, finishing you off might be cheaper for the driver than paying your health care

Keep driving because the men's lives are more valuable than the women's

All this hand wringing over a scenario that happens basically never. I've had my driver's licence for 30 years. In those 30 years, OP's scenario has happened to me exactly zero times.

I'd know what I would do, and this is why I would never buy a Teshit.

>tfw riding on a smart skateboard
>tfw it takes me to work through a busy highway while avoiding collisions massive smart semi trucks driving at 200MPH by a margin of 3 nanometers, which to the smart computers is more than plenty
>tfw shit myself every time
>tfw locker room at work is filled with shit smeared trousers

C U C K C U C K C U C K C U C K

Its the situations no AI can prepare for. Like when its processors start hanging on a hot day as it careens down the motorway at 70mph. How long before the computers in cars start getting slow and shit like our pcs after purchase? 6 months? A year? Just learn to drive stick and these problems wont bother you.

To avoid exploits to the AI system, the correct option is to hit the brakes and hope the pedestrians dodge. True, you might kill some peds, but swerving and smashing into a wall is a far worse outcome. You might kill other peds near the wall, too, and deal a lot of property damage. Plus, it sets a dangerous precedent that a pedestrian can kill drivers just by jumping out into the freeway.

>j-walking is finally punishable by death

The future looks bright!

>solve 5 recaptchas to shitpost

lol

It would activate Turbo Boost

i just imagined a scenario
> program cars to open windows when hear a baby cry inside it with closed windows
> black lives matters niggogs mob your car and the baby start crying

turn and go back

use the brakes why is this a question? if ghe people are laye they should have left earlier i hate whwn people expect me to fall victim to their idiotic choices

Just like a human would, panic, hit the brakes full on, then RNG, slam into the road side barrier, slam into the blue barrier or the pedestrians.

buy a Sup Forums pass if you dont like it cunt

WOAH
I want this reality

even smart hoverboards would have a weight limit fat fuck

apply gas and plow through it

>they are both written in javascript
so many dead people, I like it.

>the correct option is to hit the brakes
It's a self-driving car.
Are you sure you would pay attention to the road if you are driven by a robot ?
Are you sure you would pay a car knowing that it would kill you on purpose ?

Nah, self-driving car is DOA in a city where meat bags can freely walk on the streets.

Pic related.

Second. The self driving car have to guard the safety of its cargo since it is for who it works for. Also, this shit must have a sort of emergency mechanical/hidraulic break.

Thats why in I Robot with will smith the cars take the direction only when in the high speed highways with other self driving cars.

I was writing from the perspective of the AI developer, not the driver.

And it hasn't happened because there are no intelligent cars dumbfuck. Think how many accidents may have been avoided if the driver had swerved and committed suicide, but of course they wouldn't think of doing that. This is gonna become even more common once terrorist discover that they can dress as women with strollers and use that to force intelligent cars to swerve; this is gonna be the new guerrilla terrorism.
>muh 30 years hurr
So everything that didn't happen to you doesn't happen at all huh? I guess people never die in car accidents, since you haven't died in 30 years. Drink some bleach though.

Brake, which should work fine as it wouldn't be speeding on city streets anyway.

I think the solution is easy here, it is the pedestrians breaking the law here and so the car should save the passengers firstly.

No one is going to blame you if some pedestrian jumped onto the street without looking and got killed.

But if you decided to swerve (to avoid an accident) and in the process kill some people walking on the sidewalk then that is totally on you.

The car would brake and stop before the pedestrians without changin the line duh.

Yay, cartoons save the day again!

Hit the brakes? If you're driving at the city speed limits then you wouldn't have a problem with stopping at that distance, and even if you did you could steer to the side and the impact wouldn't be big enough to cause any deaths

Every time they filmed this scene they had to replace the car afterwards because it got totalled
they killed so many KITTs

The entire scenario is retarded anyway. The car would either stop first or it would be too late to change course anyway.

youtu.be/N_0MiR4b5R8?t=1m43s

dumb fucks walk over a red light when a speeding car is crossing it. Kill them off.

Not at all, the scenario is there are pedestrians on the road when they shouldn't be.
Shit like that happens all the time, people running across the street to catch their bus or just to get across and not looking both ways, or darting out from between 2 parked cars

Again, if someone steps onto the road , last minute in front of your car, no one is going to blame you if you hit them.
45 mph = 66 feet per second,
But if you decide to yank the steering wheel and crash into some parked cars somewhere - that is an accident that *you* created and that *you* will be liable for.

nacto.org/docs/usdg/vehicle_stopping_distance_and_time_upenn.pdf
The brake deceleration distance for 45 mph is listed at 97 feet.
Meaning that even if the car had a zero second reaction time to the pedestrian, it would *still* hit it, if it came out 1 second in front of you/or 66 feet

Just look at how stupid some people act

forgot my link
youtube.com/watch?v=u4bvSru_dAg

It should just do what a human would do; IE brake madly way too late and swerve over the road wildly in panic, hitting the people on the road AND smashing the car into the wall.

The NEET does not buy a suicide car. Feels pretty good not having to die for Shaniqua and Laqeesha.

It would have sensors to detect the pedestrians and it would break, what kind of retarded fucking question is this.

And even if it would plow into the pedestrians in a 1/1000 case, I'm sure it would happen much more often with human drivers, who drive drunk, get distracted by their kid in the back or text while driving.

Fuck you guys and your dumb fucking questions

Just like a normal car, brake.
If there isn't time to react, there isn't time to change lanes.
People don't die if they are touched by a car, they die if you run them over at full speed.
Stopping is the best option, slowing down is the next best thing.

legacy captcha

well the peds are at fault for crossing when it clearly states not to.

If your (((self))) driving car cannot do this then ask for a refund.

>How long before the computers in cars start getting slow and shit like our pcs after purchase?
Never, like our POS and embedded systems because you make it once and never fuck with it again.

>And even if it would plow into the pedestrians in a 1/1000 case
The point is that the cars behavior is entirely programmed, so who gets to decide what the car does in a situation like that, who gets to live/die ?

>It would have sensors to detect the pedestrians and it would break, what kind of retarded fucking question is this.
LIDAR is expensive still,
Tesla uses pretty simple cameras + radar right now, just look at the 'fringe' case of the Telsa crashing into the Semi because it thought it was open road.
or this 'fringe' case
vid.me/gwtx

What do we tell people to do in that situation?
Hit the brakes
Never swerve
Why would we not also tell AI to do the same, especially considering how much faster reaction time will be that for a human?

Read and be done with the thread. Everything else is silly.

doesn't seem to work with Sup Forums x.

let me see once more.

oh it worked now. sageru.

>The AI would be open source.
>The AI would be fucked-up in the next "upgrade".
Lel no...

fuck off

All that matters if on average the self driving cards causes less fatal accidents than human drivers though, and I'm pretty sure that the data collected so far they do.

Most accidents that they are involved in are people running into them because they accelerate to slowly at green light or some shit.

Obviously things will go wrong and a self driving car will ocassionaly cause fatal accidents, and in the beginning people will throw a huge shitstorm over it, but they will come to accept it as we get used to the technology.

It's very simple, as long as it causes less fatal accidents on average than a human driver would you are saving lifes by implementing it. And it's very easy to imagine that they will cause less fatal accidents because many human drivers are shit drivers.

Accelerate in the feminazis so they do less damage to the car.

does it even pack an i7?
looks like a lagging shit

Give all the pedestrians bikes, then choose right-hand option. Continue on way guilt free

The best of the two options, drift so the front part hit the wall and the trunk part hit the pedestrians, bonus if the shitbox burst into flames.

The light is showing a red hand. Run those jaywalking fuckers over.

pedestrians walk when their traffic lights is red so they are in the wrong and should be killed

Run over the women walking in a red light.
Brake.

Simply stop. Any reasonably well-programmed car would always maintain a speed where it could stop for any foreseeable event.

Car should protect passengers. Everything else is irrelevant. If you don't do that, no one will drive in a self-driving car.

So by that extension if their light is green to walk and the car has a malfunction it should crash and kill the occupants, at least that is what I see.

The rules of the road must be obeyed, it is people in 'the right' that should be saved.

fucking stop and not be retarded

Is there more to that gif?

Here's an option
>program the car to not do a thousand miles an hour through a city
If that car is doing thirty all people live either way

This
Embedded shit is not going to get slower, that only happens to wondows machines

Learn to drive kid.
There is a lot of accidents where the driver tries to do scenario B because they are spooked and it is always better to stop the car and a rational mind would.
We have a lot of dears who run across the roads and they usually travel in packs, there is no way to see them and they can come really fast, I have seen a lot of people who try to avoid hitting them and there is no point

Why does it matter?

Whichever one gaurantees I die.

>what should happen in hypothetical case X which may or may not occur?
>it's not going to happen anyways!!1!
>implying assert(0) is a good solution
>asking Sup Forums
>ever

It should clip the car in such a fashion that merely slows it down instead of killing the occupants.

Ultimately, it will most closely resemble option B because even in a worst-case scenario, the pedestrian can get out of the way.

Option 1.
It is their fault for paying money to create and use a useless electronic fagmobile that is murder-on-wheels.
If they are gone and the car is destroyed by concrete, the world is now a safer and better place.

Option 2 only punishes the people who are not at fault in any way. And if they ever were to make option 2 the program, people will start carrying AR15 slings and the second a retardmobile malfunctions, it's go time to remove it from the road using any means necessary.

They're all women so just go straight

Bonus pater.

If you're dumb enough to not look to see if a car is racing towards before crossing the street you deserve to die.

The self driving car should follow the rules of the road.
It should attempt to brake but not put the passengers of the car in danger.

On a road with a marked crossing like that, the speed limit is not likely to be above 40mph.

The car will most likely be electric, so even with a mechanical brake failure, it could, as a last resort, shove the motors into 'reverse' which would cause a massive braking effect (they won't actually turn backwards until the car stops or the wheels break traction with the ground).

At 30mph, 80% of people survive a direct impact, but it would be safe to assume the car would be slower than that.

The question then becomes: does the car swerve and hit the barrier, damaging itsself but keeping all the occupants safe (a direct impact at even 40mph in a modern car is not very high risk assuming correct function of all safety devices), or keep going with the braking and risking hitting the pedestrians.

They are crossing when it says don't cross.

Kill pedestrians, it's natural selection, if they cross on red light in an era of self-driving cars they got no basic intuition and would somehow kill themselves later anyway

itt. brakes don't exist

import random

def swerve_or_no():
return random.choice(('swerve', 'straight'))

Braking is useless in many situations. You need many car lengths to stop, at which points you've already crashed at high speed.

Save the passenger, he is the one that bought the car and must be protected. The pedestrian is the one in the wrong place.

>he is the one that bought the car
And therefore must bare the risks and consequences.

Blare the car horn really loudly, if the pedestrians don't start running to get out of the way then kill them

A dead passenger can't buy another car, so that will not work. Also, are you implying buying a car is wrong?