Is the MacbookPro worth it?

Hi Anons. I wanted to ask you if its worth to get jew'd and get some Apple laptop (thinking about something like MBP2k15+)? Or maybe its better to get librebooted thinkpad t400 instead and dont have to worry about gov's spying? Halp plox.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=inqURXmRrMw
youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg
google.com/search?client=ms-android-oneplus&site=webhp&q=apple doesn't want to use final cut&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2hf2yjILVAhVUVWMKHZpoAHUQvwUIGCgA&biw=432&bih=744#xxri=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Obviously the MBP will be a better computer. I don't really think it's worth the price, but that's subjective. Also look into a Dell XPS, much cheaper second-hand and well worth it.

Just search google for Kaby Lake laptops vs Macbook way slower. Macs are fucking trash, always have been always will be. Apple trash performs so shit their top of the line $3000 macbook gets destroyed by a 6600U CPU that you find in $300 Walmart laptops

why buy a macbook pro when you could put that money towards a Grom?

do it
just werks

dude, do you have one? how is it?

The meme that it just works is actually not a meme.

it just werks, get it. couldn't be happier without it, don't buy laptops to play vidya because PCs exist for that purpose

fun as fuark - if youre over 200 pounds tho probably shouldnt get it

These are paid shills. They literally comb Sup Forums for Apple thread so they can earn 2 rupees for ever pro-apple post they make.

This.

yes. smartest people seem to use them.

Few computers are "worth it." The markups are significant across the board. All that matters is how much you're willing to pay.

I have a friend who's a macfag and I showed him my XPS 15 9560 and he said his Mac (which cost $500 more than mine) is literally a pile of shit in comparison.

Get an XPS at the same price as the Mac you want to buy and you'll get so much more value. Then you can just wipe the SSD and install whatever *nix you want to on it.

If you need to buy a Mac the only type worth having is the MBP.

Samefagging here, but if you want to get a Mac, don't get the 2016-2017 MBP. No key travel and the touchbar meme is so shit. Also the trackpad is dogshit and thermal throttle meme is real.

Anything Apple can do Linux can do better

Thanks anons, ill propably get XPS or MBP2k15 instead.
Much love

No, you will not get more value, you piece of shit! Stop spreading misinformation.

>Thanks anons, ill propably get XPS or MBP2k15 instead.

I had to choose between Dell XPS and the new MacBook Pro (2017), both maxxed out. I went with the MacBook Pro. Why ?

Because the Dell XPS suffers from

Coil Whine
Wobbles on flat surfaces
3-4 hours of usage on 4k monitor
Shit speakers
Terrible trackpad
Terrible mushy keyboard that bends the entire unit when writing.
The display has a ton of issues. (too vibrant and darkens around the edges lol)
The webcam is positioned right under your fucking ballsack lmao
Can't open it with one finger
Pimped up with carbon fiber
16:9 with a 30 centimeter bottom border wat?
Comes with WannaCry 10 Pro preinstalled
The usb type c port is not full bandwidth (BTFO because in a few years everything will be usb type c and you will be carrying alotta fucking dongles)

Besides the fact that MacBook is superior in build quality, sound, keyboard and almost everything else, MacOS is so much more comfortable to use (first time ever using it), i swear. You have a fuck ton of automation tools, bettertouchtool (does fucking wonders and converts the meme bar to power-touchbar), automator, Hazel etc. Also, you don't have to worry about the malware...

The only thing that dell is offering is a slightly better video card and 32gb ram if maxxed. That's it. That's fucking it! Don't listen to these broke fucks.

Also, the keyboard on the 2017 MacBook Pro is a lot better than the previous one. It feels clickier and provides a much better feedback.

I hope this helps.

>"2k15"
>MacBook Pro or T400

So many kinds of dumb in one post.

Also, OP, i forgot. If you want to use Winshit on your Mac, you can easily install Parallels and use it a VM (or you can mount it as VM from Bootcamp).

The experience is awesome because with a 3 finger swipe you can switch from MacOs to Wangblows instantly in fullscreen.

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rakesh.

Take a look at this OP, just uploaded on youtube. A demonstration of Parallels

Also, you should see the coherence one from Parallels. You can use your windows apps in MacOS like they are native

youtube.com/watch?v=inqURXmRrMw

Don't listen to these aborted fucks.

I work for apple and get their products cheap, so I'm partial to getting their stuff because at what I pay for it, it's competitive to the windows laptops.

If you have to pay actual full price, do not get it. At least buy from the refurbished store, because it is not worth full price.

Librebooted senpai.
Thank you lad.

This desu senpai. Macbooks are a fucking joke. Only braindead gullible fruit religion brainlets fall for that garbage.

The newest Throttlebook legit gets BTFO by $600 laptops from last year.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

2 additional rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rakesh.

Thank you Richard.

Most of the devices nowadays will get you a lag-free experience 99% of the time.

I would choose the MacBook for its superior quality and OS (which i will be enjoying 100% of the time) rather than the riced up piece of shit wangblows-based Dell XPS which offers slight improvements (gpu and ram over 16gb) that you will be using for 1% of the time (unless you are a gaymer).

You and your indian friends that shit behind the house have failed at criticizing apple. The most you can do is to post some biased videos or screenshots from 2014. That's it

Your throttlebook got destroyed by a 6600U stay delusional and mad mactoddler. LMAO

It's adobe's fault for not optimizing the app on Mac, not Apple's. Try harder, fuckhead. Most of the people who are buying it are using Final Cut anyways, which shits on all of them when we're talking about speed.

You make me sick to my fucking stomach.

Final Cut is so shit even Apple abandoned it and use Premiere to create their commercials. LMAO

google.com/search?client=ms-android-oneplus&site=webhp&q=apple doesn't want to use final cut&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2hf2yjILVAhVUVWMKHZpoAHUQvwUIGCgA&biw=432&bih=744#xxri=0

I knew that you would lie to me and post some click bait article instead of an official announcement made by apple.

I can't believe that you made me vomit again.

Interested in a Dell XPS. Can you tell me more?

Currently laptop is a budget Asus and I'm looking to upgrade to something within the next year.

Pick an old one, like 2010 or 2011 and pick some SSD.

Shit was cash

I think it is

Half the price of the throttlebook, double the speed of the throttlebook.

>800mhz throttling trash

Wouldn't consider a Mac desu. Used Windows all my life and see no need to switch

And yeah, they're incredibly overpriced.

produce music

This right here. Not Apple is the only way to go for music, but rather that production on linux is completely hopeless .

Keyboard is shit
Touchbar is shit
Trackpad is shit
Build quality is ass
Overheats
Shit OS
Can't repair without Apple and overpaying for said repair
More dongles than you can count

Yeah, Macbooks are great lmao

half those "negatives" arent even true.

I got the 2015 MacBook pro, it's pretty comfy. Coming from using a thinkpad with a track point all the time, the track pad is nice and smooth. Plus the screen is really good, processor runs without getting too hot, and battery life is solid. The only thing I miss from the thinkpad was the indestructible plastic construction, I'm always paranoid I might scratch the aluminum on the MacBook.

I have one and it is terrible. My parents bought a 15 inch MBP for me in 2011 for college. In 2013 the hard drive failed and I had to pay $300 for a replacement/repair through their shop. Then in 2015 it broke again. I paid another $300 and they took it into their shop, sent it out, and gave it back to me. When I got home it wouldn't boot up. Went back to the shop, they sent it out again, I got it back, and a week later it broke again, because they didn't fix the real problem. Went to a different Apple Store and begged them to help me; they comped me a free 15-inch MBP with Retina. Now, two years later, it makes a weird whining noise and I'm pretty sure the hard drive is on the verge of failing. They are pieces of shit desu and the customer support is terrible. Once this one fails I will be switching to a PC laptop.

If you buy it it will probably work for 2 years tops and then you'll have to deal with the Apple Store or put down another 2 or 3 grand for a new one.

Nice try, shill. SSD's don't make sounds that HDD's do

Not a shill. I don't know why it's making that noise, but it is, SSD or no.

the best win 10 laptops the razer and the fps both have flaws like bad driver issues, coil whine, flimsy build quality like the dell having a cheap keyboard that flexes when pressed.

Every penny.

I love mine

>t Applel Shill

>It's adobe's fault for not optimizing the app on Mac, not Apple's.
True, but it's still inferior. Blame shifting won't make it faster.
>Try harder, fuckhead. Most of the people who are buying it are using Final Cut anyways, which shits on all of them when we're talking about speed.
Dude not even Apple uses Final Cut for their own videos, they ask their video editors to know Adobe instead. You pulled that "most people" out of your ass.

I started replying to this post, since the majority of the points are completely made-up, then I realized I already did a few weeks ago. It's the exact same post saying he bought a MBP and explaining why it's better than the XPS using a bunch of lies, with the exact same words.

I wasn't sure wether people were paid to shill Apple products on Sup Forums until now.

Have a mid 2012 with a replaced SSD and upgraded the ram. Shits great.