/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG announces Q6, Q6+, and Q6α
gsmarena.com/lg_announces_q6_q6_and_q6_945-news-26118.php

Motorola Moto X4 specs leak on GFXBench
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x4_specs_leak_on_gfxbench-news-26128.php

Samsung Galaxy Note FE Global Launch May Happen this Month
gizmochina.com/2017/07/11/samsung-galaxy-note-fe-global-launch-may-happen-month/

Xiaomi’s New Phone Sub-brand Will Be Called Lanmi (Blue Rice), First Device is the X1
gizmochina.com/2017/07/11/xiaomis-new-phone-sub-brand-will-called-lanmi-blue-rice-first-device-x1/

Massive Galaxy Note 8 we Revealed In New Leaks
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/07/09/samsung-galaxy-note-8-infinity-display-size-upgrade/#4595912d795e

Here’s our closest look at the LG V30
mysmartprice.com/gear/2017/07/11/heres-our-closest-look-at-the-lg-v30

old

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.thesolutionshop.global
ebay.com/itm/352049253484
ebay.com/itm/Nextbit-Robin-5-2-32GB-100GB-Cloud-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Smartphone-/332208400835
androidpolice.com/2017/07/08/re-review-last-years-nextbit-robin-entirely-different-better-phone-130/
banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MYRABC3
amazon.com/dp/B01M9BEW2V
amazon.com/Moto-Plus-5th-Generation-Lockscreen/dp/B01N6NTIRH
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi50RP3EjwA
reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/6e1cc4/moto_g_amazon_edition_remove_app_that_displays/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for u11, 3.5mm bitch niggas need not apply

Should I buy Moto G5 (169 euros) or is there a better alternative?

Mother wants an iPhone - is iPhone 6s decent? Never really researched about any of their phones.

OnePlus 5 owner here

>Inb4 jelly
>Shut up
It's not even noticable

This phone has the best performance on Android at the moment. And that's what you get. Almost stock with only useful features added with no bloat.

Has a great development platform.
Super snappy with great battery life.

Best phone you can buy

If money isn't an issue, you can go for it. If it is, there are better Android phones.

I wanna continue this conversation.

It's really looking like if I want to root, I'm going to have to specifically seek it out among the small subset of phones that have unlocked bootloaders.

Is this trend only going to continue? Customers must really not care anymore about tinkering with their devices. If this is the case and the way the industry is going, should I just switch to iphone instead?

74.04₹ has been added in your account.

G5+, don't be cheap.

Redmi Note 4 Global

Get her a iPhone SE

Nice meme summerfag

Forgot to mention I'm on Verizon which preemptively hamstrings me on a lot more phones as well. I didn't realize the VZW version of the Pixel is locked down too...

Yeah I'm aware of that but I think she's used to the Apple UI and would have a lot of trouble with something completely different.

Any idea what price I should be paying for 6s? I've found one (Grade A) for £269 on eBay but no warranty whatsoever and £379 for an Argos (12mo warranty refurbed) one. Don't think I need warranty but don't want to get chinked with some fake iPhone.

To state the obvious, in UK.

Too expensive.
Redmi Note 4 is a good phone and I considered to buy it, but it has a meh camera, so that's why I plan to buy Moto G5.

You don't need a phone with an unlocked bootloader to root (almost no android phone has the bootloader unlocked out of the box), you just need to buy from a manufacturer that allows you to unlock the bootloader, such as Sony, Oneplus, Motorola, HTC, LG (certain models), Xiaomi etc.

Yeah, Verizon doesn't allow the bootloader to be unlocked on their phones so you have to BYOP an (carrier) unlocked phone

What are the most minimalist ROMs? I just want call, text, update my apps, and maybe some firefox browsing.

£269 seems a pretty good price, but it's always better to have warranty imo. As other user said, iPhone SE is also great. Have you tried to find standard iPhone 6 (without "s")?

Sultan Lineageos 14 is great and Minimalist, with great battery life and integrated privacy features

Is the Moto G5 any better though?

Who else is waiting for the Note 8? My Note 7 last year was amazing and I ain't even mad at Samsung.

Moto G5 is a bit inferior compared to Redmi Note 4, but the reason I want to buy a Moto G5 is incase it's defective, I send it to my local store where I bought it and they repair it or send it to Lenovo to be repaired which can take prob weeks, while for RN4, you send it to China via AirMail or whatever the hell is, and wait for 1+ month to be returned which is something I don't like. Not sure if everything I wrote is correct, I read a lot of opinions of these phones.

I still have my first release note 7. favorite phone to date. Will probably skip the note 8.

>I can't wait for an overpriced phone with shit software!

cuck

You mean like every iPhone ever? I don't really care about maximizing cost efficiency. I just want the best phone.

What is the best site to purchase Redmi note 4?
I'm located in Yurop (Waffle Land)

There are several stores that offer customs/VAT free shipping to europe:
honorbuy
ibuygou
flosmall
giztop
grossoshop
HK Goldway on aliexpress (select DHL shipping)

Ibuygou offers a 1 or 2 year European warranty if you pay extra, they have repair centers in Spain and Poland.

I just ordered a OP5. Did I do good?

The only thing that prevents me from buying iPhone is the size. It's either a manlet tiny screen, or a good sized screen with huge bezels.

Another site with customs / VAT free shipping
eu.thesolutionshop.global

No more Note 4's 4/64 :( in the solutionshop

How did you avoid all the updates that were supposed to stop you from using it?

I used a package disabler to turn off all of samsung/att update services.

Many of the Aliexpress stores have the 4/64 version in stock

gray or black

Whick do I buy, grey or black? i can't choose

both, gray seems to be cheaper though

alright lads, I think I'm going to buy a nokia 6 to use until their new lineup comes out since all phones right now under $600 are shit

good idea?

what do these numbers and letters mean on the back of a phone?

apparently it's a QR code that disables autofocus

did you even fucking try typing it into google?

Bought it, with DHL delivery

Oh no. The pic I took was on my old lg phoenix 2. The camera always looks like that.

Copying some of the phone deals from the previous threads here in case someone missed them:

LG G5 on sale new for $199
ebay.com/itm/352049253484

Nextbit Robin is selling for $109.99
ebay.com/itm/Nextbit-Robin-5-2-32GB-100GB-Cloud-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Smartphone-/332208400835

review on it
androidpolice.com/2017/07/08/re-review-last-years-nextbit-robin-entirely-different-better-phone-130/

ZUK Z2 Pro 6gb/128gb version is on sale for $245 / 218€ with the coupon 7zukz2pro

banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html

Some pretty good deals on at Amazon on Prime day

Huawei Mate 9 for $450
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MYRABC3

Honor 8 for $300 (only 10 left!)
amazon.com/dp/B01M9BEW2V

Moto G5 Plus 4gb/64gb Prime exclusive version with lockscreen ads (can be removed) for $179.99 (2gb/32gb version is $154.99)
amazon.com/Moto-Plus-5th-Generation-Lockscreen/dp/B01N6NTIRH

>When the included usonic earbuds are better than your Momentum 2.0 and close to your HD800

T-thanks for making $40 earbuds so good

phone for 250€(germany)or less.
Since the chinklist is outdated I am just asking.

Just a normie user.
I used to use a redmi3 and the batterylife was great. so something like that.

Redmi Note 4 Global is the current top meme

posted last thread already but it died shortly afterwards.
looking for a phone for around 200€
I mainly listen to music, browse the web and watch videos on youtube or offline media player.
Rarely games.

Had a samsung S3, it got really slow after a while.

Great!
What's the gobal part?
Looks like it doesnt support LTE over here.

You're looking at the wrong phone, the 4 Global supports all German LTE bands.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

Its old and starting to show its age. Same for SE

instead of making 5G, why don't they just make 4G more stable and widely spread? It's a perfectly fine speed already

Because first world counties already have stable and widespread 4G

Pixel 2 looks comfy desu

A friend of mine is offering to sell me his factory unlocked Blackberry Priv for $160 Canadabux (about $123 freedombux). He's used it about a year and a half, it's been kept in a case (which I get as part of the deal) and is in good shape overall. Decent deal y/n? I thought the keyboard was really neat and it seemed like a nice phone the few times I used it. Currently have a Galaxy S3 locked to Koodo.

What is the logical 2017 upgrade from a Galaxy S4?

Wasn't the priv like $140 on amazon?

Note 8.

Jk. Xiaomi, from note 4 to mimax 2 depending on budget.

One plus 5 if you have a fetish with non existent customer service, jelly and Chinese ladies hanging the phone when your phone bootloops.

Into the trash Nokia 6 goes

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi50RP3EjwA

What about the LG V20? I like that it has the battery+microSD card like the S4.

I just don't know if an LG will last 4 years like my S4

>want to get a galaxy s8
>Prices and dropping
>everything about it looks good
>but it's still a hefty price to pay for a phone compared to the cheapo xiaomi I've been using for the past 2 years

Should I go for it?

My last G4 bootlooped. It was the second replacement, I just got my money back with some credit card insurance.
Was it usable? Sure, the lg uix is acceptable with a decent layer of oem customization. You can easily update and use custom roms either using a unlocked bootloader or installing modified .kdz files to jump between regional updates.

The phone ran hot the last months, I didn't even use it for games or tasks that made use all the processor powerhouse.

The V20, N5x, V10 have all the same issues, LG has been sued these months but they cashed out some law firms to drop them.

If you give me a specific budget I can work you a decent update path so you don't have to google 40 smartphones today.

Nah. Aparrently samsung has some software trigger that kills the phone performance when a new phone goes into sale.

Twitter, google and other places are full of people complaining about their s7's shitting the budget after the s8 was announced.

Anyone else having an issue with dashchan where you can't reply directly to posts without typing it in manually?

It's been a while since I've used it but I remember being able to long press posts in order to reply and that doesn't work now. The select feature doesn't seem to work either

>mobilefag
>dedicated app to shitpost
Nah m8 u fuck off

Thanks for the link, I just got it.
You saved me 50 bucks with it so, if you want, I can spend the money on some charity of your choice. Ain't sending it to a private person but I thinks it's just fair since I was about to buy it for 220 bucks anyway

??

You mean post and browse? Just because it's mobile doesn't mean it's all shitposts

>good battery
>good camera
>non-phablet
>expandable storage
>unlocked
>decent price

does such a decent phone exist? Haven't upgraded in over 2 years so out of the loop with the market.

I'm a Nokia guy but the SOC combined with the half-year US release delay just didn't make sense to me. But that review also suggests that Android is inherently inefficient as fuck regardless of the hardware.

So in conclusion I'll just buy an iphone and a decent case.

How hard is it to remove the special offers from the Amazon Moto G

Easy
reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/6e1cc4/moto_g_amazon_edition_remove_app_that_displays/

It's a comfy phone user, hope your eyes don't notice the jelly effect, I don't and it's pretty cash.

It really does, now it doesn't look like a Chinese iPhone

>non-phablet
>decent price
be more specific. also what country/carrier?

>screen size

If you're being serious then maybe the local animal shelter if there is one?

Xperia X Compact

so i have an s8 plus and i use the finger print scanner to lock my phone and i don't get why people complain about its position i am a handlette and i have no issue reaching it to unlock the phone why do some find this so hard?

Local animal shelters are a meme tho

What free ways are there to get rid of the coral green in gboard's amoled theme?
Substratum legacy

Are there good flip phone smart phones in the usa market yet? I'm still a flip phone using loser and want to join the smart phone times but I love things about my flip phone and would love to keep the form factor.

I have around 550CAD, looking for an Android (duh) with minimal bloat, as close to stock as possible. Also want a sick camera, and top of the line specs.

Am I out of luck? Asking way too much?
Should I increase my budget?

Canada, Virgin Mobile btw. Unlocked plan, pretty decent.

550 cuck dollars won't buy you shit.

How do I get rid of this shit?
Are there any packrat particular apps that this is a part of?

What if I tell Trudeau I'm an immigrant and he gives me say 100 bucks more, is that enough?

Is there a way to make youtube play videos on 720p by default instead of having to go to settings on every single one?

Alright - I'm a total novice to Android - in fact the only smartphones I've ever owned and used are Nokia N900 and Nokia N9. I finally bought an Xperia X Compact for myself and now I've trying to become familiar witth custom roms and all that shit.
All I've done this far have been downgrading to 6.0.1 to make a backup of the DRM keys on the device, and unlocking the bootloader. What is commonly the next step when my ultimate goal is to install OmniRom on the phone? Do I install the rom, then a custom recovery or what is the generally preferred order?

is there ANY phone that isn't shit under $550?

Have you looked at Apple's refurb store? They'll have the 6S and the plus for a decent price and they cover it with a warranty as if it's new.

Alright - I'm a total novice to Android - in fact the only smartphones I've ever owned and used are Nokia N900 and Nokia N9. I finally bought an Xperia X Compact for myself and now I've trying to become familiar witth custom roms and all that shit.
All I've done this far have been downgrading to 6.0.1 to make a backup of the DRM keys on the device, and unlocking the bootloader. What is commonly the next step when my ultimate goal is to install OmniRom on the phone? Do I install the rom, then a custom recovery or what is the correct order?

Might be the pixel 2

Why are they persisting with this two-tone design

To piss you off

Any of you guys on freedom mobile? What chinckphones do you recommend since the redmeme is missing the bands needed to work?

LeEco LeMax 2
LeEco Le Pro 3
LeEco S3
Huawei Honor 6X/8

Mi5S or Blackberry Priv?

They are similarly priced around 200-240 pounds new

Willing to give up usb c for the physical keyboard

Is there any reason not to get the priv over the xiaomi apart from the slightly newer specs?

>blackberry
they aren't extinct yet?

No they are now licensing/outsourcing out new phones under the Blackberry name to tcl a Chinese phone manufacturer.

I have had the PRIV since the day it was released.

Be prepared to stay stuck on Marshmallow forever. Also you will need to change the battery after about one year. That's easy though.

The speaker sucks.

The keyboard as an additional capacitive navigation method is great though. The camera isn't bad either.