So, Firefox 57 is the day we switch to Chrome?

So, Firefox 57 is the day we switch to Chrome?

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunner.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meh. I don't even use an adblocker.

Legacy addons will continue to work on nightly.

>using kikefox

b..bu...but...it's so much snappier and faster!

No.
Chorme can go fuck itself.

I certainly hope that the devs are able to migrate the most important extensions to WebExtensions though.
It's really sad to see the DownThemAll! dev giving up. :^(

No, to pale meme

All the extensions in that picture have a WebExtension alternative or are not necessary since they're built-in features.
XUL extensions are a security risk and only a complete retard would want them. The real shame here is that they didn't make the switch before.

I used 52 ESR yesterday with no addons at all and it was bliss

The "most important" extensions are not why I use Firefox. It's the smaller extensions that make the browser highly customizable, which makes Firefox usable.

Hell, if I just want the "most important" extensions, I'd have switched to Chrome years ago.

It feels good to not be using legacy add-ons.

Learn to adapt, faggot.

I used ur mum yesterday with no comdom, it was a bliss

>not using Netrunner

Kekekekekeke

No, June 2018 when ESR 52 is no longer supported is when we switch.

My question is where the TreeStyleTabs refugees will go

They're fucked. I don't care for tree-style tabs, but I can see the appeal. Though, I'm probably gonna lose my dual pane bookmark addon, which makes me sad.

Reminder that you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to complain about browsers when you can do this:

#!/usr/bin/python3

from PyQt5 import QtWebEngine

# your customizations here

>no condom
>bliss
more like a blister. Haha enjoy your std

If that's the case, then I might switch back.

The main reason I switched to chrome was because it was snappier and wouldn't freeze the whole browser when I was loading large threads (300+comments/some images).

Is this legit?

If so I'm off to Palemoon

>python
nah

#include

// your customizations here

Kill yourself.

>netrunner

#include
#include
#include

i'd say remove yourself from the gene pool but thats obviously taken care of

>a browser loses support for legacy addons
>lets switch to browser which has worse support for addons then the original browser will have AFTER the change
You're a shill, a cretin, or both.

Webkit is deprecated.

At least Chrome is fast as fuck.

What are you even doing in this board? 'At least it's fast as fuck xDD'? Where's your proof?

Guess why firefox is ditching legacy extensions, you moron.

that's why the fastest browsers are based on it?

legacy extensions are the only thing keeping firefox on life support.

>Blink is a fork of the WebCore component of WebKit[6] and is used in Chrome starting at version 28,[7][8] Opera (15+),[7] Amazon Silk and other Chromium-based browsers and frameworks.
webkit is deprecated

blink was forked off of webkit 4 years ago. it's deprecated

>he needs anything more than uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere
grand autismo

They're the reason why it's so fucking slow. How can you people be so retarded to not understand this?

Greasemonkey? So I can run my Mexican dentist forum userscripts

>GTK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>grand autismo

What about Reddit Enhancement Suite(tm)

huh?

>he needs stupid scripts for Guatemalan proctologist advice board

I'm using fucking pale moon which is like Firefox 25 and I've never had a problem on threads with like 500 replies you mongoloid

Comon now, its not that hard.

Freezing browser has been a thing since forever for Firefox, even Palemoon.

It doesn't perma freeze, just freezes for ~2-10 seconds depending on the loads.

And thats not the only problem. Another serious problem is the leakage. 2+GB is a huge problem for any firefox builds(barring the recent 2-3 versions as I haven't tested those). So much so that it can be very CPU intensive and the whole system becomes very laggy unless the firefox program is ended.

>52 ESR
>ESR

BASED HYPE

>Freezing browser has been a thing since forever for Firefox, even Palemoon.
>even Palemoon
Palemoon is based on a much older firefox, and while it's been receiving security updates it's still much slower in general. My point is that it's never matter for me in practice, unless I try to play some really javascript-heavy games or something.

>memory
Has palemoon open for at least two weeks, with about 40-50 tabs open, and it's using about 600k.

Literally the only things that matter are
>uBlock Origin
>uMatrix / NoScript
>Dectraleyes
>HTTPS
>Self Destructing Cookies

Are they all working?

>Meh. I don't even use an adblocker.

Me neither. Not in a browser anyway. My router already blocks ads.

i switched to seamonkey a while ago

really sad indeed

Vivaldi is the only alternative with anything close, side tabs.

>Dectraleyes
seems pretty useless

Palemoon is p. sweet for the most part (its basically firefox in a third the memory footprint plus old addons still work) but its developed a problem in the latest version where Youtube crashes it unless you disable MSEs. fuck knows what that's about.

Who watches Youtube in a browser anyway? Everyone and his dog uses youtube-dl and mpv.

At some point, you have to force things into the modern world. Multiprocess is honestly a good thing.

I should probably delete my ten year old profile and start over by now but I'm too lazy.

Name me a decent alternative.

It still works on Nightly you tech illiterate fuck

>uBlock Origin
>uMatrix
I thought the point of Origin was to get rid of the need for uMatrix. I'm still using the first uBlock with it and haven't had a problem with it. Is there any reason to switch?

What the fuck?

The way they block things are completely different.
They actually complement each other, not replace one another.

Still better than fucking Chrome.

I started using the Chrome release candidate before it was even officially released, back then it was phenomenal. When it first released I was riding the Chrome train hard and fucking hated Firefox by comparison but now it's just garbage. Firefox just works.

I guess I'm remembering things incorrectly, then. I could have sworn when I first installed Origin it had a built in matrix that was pretty much uMatrix lite. For autismo reasons I preferred having both things separate so I stuck with the first iteration uBlock.

please teach me how to do that properly. currently I have to copy the link, execute mpv with it and then it takes like 8 seconds for it to start playing the video. I have no problem doing that when the video is longer than let's say 10 minutes but otherwise it's kinda annoying and I just like click play in the browser where it starts instantaneously (and then often I get pissed off because it's too quiet and I can't go past 100% volume like in mpv)

Will I be able to use unlock origin in Firefox 57?

>Self-Destructing Cookies
You can REEEEE now, user

fucking faggot, hope he dies in his sleep

Fuck off Mozilla shill

suck my rainbow colored dick

No way, fag

pussy faggot

>t. Mozilla dev
When is servo going to be released?

Will I be able to use UBLOCK ORIGIN IN FIREFOX 57?

Firefox 57 is Chrome.

You're the faggot mozilla shill shilling for webextensions.

That's a true fact

are you retarded?

Including user scripts?
No user scripts, no deal.

i stopped updating firefox and i think i'll just keep using it without updates until i can get functionality like multiple tab handler and tree style tabs elsewhere. i don't think i can live without those

fuck mozilla though. this browser is now worthless

No but I'm you daddy

Very good plan

i realize it's stupid but treestyletabs + multiple tab handler makes the browser much, much better. and i don't really need updates for security with noscript and umatrix, unless these stop being updated too. well, i suppose they might

i've been satisfied with firefox since pre 1.0 and even the stupid release schedules or version 4.0 or whatever didn't piss me off. but man, this is fucking retarded. there's literally no reason to use this browser anymore

Seems like he's working on it

someone will make a replacement. or even rewrite it because it's gpl

If you seriously think relevant addons won't be updated then you're retarded.

Help me get rid of add ons if any. I have these currently:

1. uBlock origin
2. smart https revived
3. decentraleyes
4. cookie autodelete
5. privacy badger
6. canvasblocker
7. noscript (using all but script blocking for now because noob)
8. privacy settings (to conveniently set/toggle about:config settings)
9. (umatrix disabled because noob for now)

>7. noscript (using all but script blocking for now because noob)
>9. (umatrix disabled because noob for now)
uMatrix is much easier and nicer to use than noscript.

Keep only uBlock Origin. Optimally keep uMatrix too.

For sure. Once I get a hold of script blocking I'll use umatrix for that. For now, I'm using the other noscript security features (XSS, clickjacking, CSRF). Maybe unnecessary?

Any guide for uMatrix? I've read to start off by globally allowing 1st party CSS and images, then go from there. But then I get lost. I don't know what to allow one by one for a broken site.

uMatrix is sort of like an expanded version of NoScript's ABE feature, but easier to use and understand. You click cells rather than write rules.

Stuff that's only pale red on the left is stuff you can try enabling first. The numbers tell you how many resources were or would have been loaded from that domain. Stuff that's deep red on the left are usually default site blocks and you should only enable them as a last resort.
Note that you may have to enable sites in NoScript first for uMatrix to see any activity from them.

Thanks dude! If I can have just uBlock origin and uMatrix for all my privacy and security needs I'll be so happy.

Is qute browser the future???!!!

*Chromium

There is a TabTree webext but I don't know how much longer it it will work with ui changes to keep you from customizing.
TabTree is less fully featured than tree style tabs though.

Chromes UI is completely locked, and so will FF. Sad day for browser customizing.

Incorrect, there are toolbar and sidebar APIs to support addons like TST and also for supporting addons like vimperator that rely on toolbars.

Not to mention there will be new APIs introduced to allow themes, stuff beyond simple backgrounds which is what chromium is limited to.

I'm downloading the iso.
netrunner.com/

>All the extensions in that picture have a WebExtension alternative or are not necessary since they're built-in features.
There is no web extension alternative to tree style tabs that doesn't look like garbage.

is this a joke
tell me that no one of us wrote this

It's a meme based on Yanderedev he says it's hard work to program and someone managed to look at his code and to see it was horribly written.