Private Tracker Development

I've got a private tracker + indexer site up and running. It's functionally complete but still lacking some important features that I'll have developed in the coming days/weeks. looking for a handful of anons interested in bootstrapping a new community.

irc.rizon.net/#fld-dev

path to animebits?

What's the tracker for and what software is it running?

>irc.rizon.net/#fld-dev

LETS

RIPPING

spaghetti is an undercover MPAA agent.

What will the tracker specialize in? I'm looking for a replacement to KG.

there isn't a community yet so it's up to users what to make of it. I'm ok with basically anything as long as it's not CP.

So the tracker isn't for anything and you won't say what software it's using?

Cool. Dead in the water

Go, Python 3.6.x, nginx, prometheus, chihaya.

that answer your question?

Well you need a goal, and a reason before you can attract any members. You need a motive.

my goal was to build a tracker. it's mostly done now I can focus on features and improving it. the reason I made it was to make it. my motive was to see if I could. Now it's to the point where I'd like to open it up to folks

But why is it private?

is it going to be open sorze?

I know python, could I be of any help?
No idea about the other stuff. Sounds like you have it under control.

Is this the new DesiTorrents?

make it a general tracker

I'd like to provide incentive for people willing to curate their own content. it's one of the features i'm building in. Also there are like 100x nyaa's the world doesn't need another.

yes, I have a repository that is private but will be free to fork for any participating dev.

Sure. I made this to learn so that is who I'm hoping to attract.

if you mean like general content I'm not making the tracker topical to any genre or medium.

I'm interested in data mining a huge shutdown shitton of data. Think you could create a tracker capable of sustaining 200GB+ torrents? I know a huge problem is that no one user wants to seed a torrent of that size, but different users could take up different parts of it.

People curating their own content has to do with the community. Not with it being private. But if you want to know what is needed right now it's competition to RED and one to KG. But I'm purely going of the notion that competition is a mutually beneficial thing. Just make sure it's /for the people/

At that point you should make separate torrents for parts of the 200gig

Are you a member of any private trackers? What can yours provide that others can't?

You can upload whatever .torrent you'd like. keep in mind this is just a tracker and indexer and not a seedbox. While I plan to auto-seed from my own seedbox it'll be up to a formative community to distribute the load and seed stuff.

hop in the irc and lets talk. I work with distributed scaling data stores professionally. even if it's not related to this maybe I can lend a hand.

>competition to RED and one to KG
APL, PTP
RED has a million "competitors" already
we don't need another music tracker

I agree it's up to the community. The reason it's private is so that the community can curate itself and not just it's content. If a user is at odds with everyone else or their content is poor other people shouldn't have to put up with them.

after what.cd I dropped off the face of the earth. If you're looking for another regular PT this isn't for you. this is a blank slate. the reward would be a long term one in that as an initial community member you'd eventually have some status and equity or elevated privileges/waived ratio.

it's using the same tech as AB

There isn't a single place that has a decently organized gore collection.
Or a decent collection at all for that matter.
I wanted to start a gore/rekt/death type tracker but never got around to it.
Is this site just going to be a free for all?

that's a question I definitely need to think about. I honestly don't know what direction the community would decide to take it. If it's something I don't like I'd probably hand things over to somebody ok with it and try again.

>APL
Is dead.

>PTP
Isn't competition to KG at all. They serve different purposes.

>need
we don't need anything. Everything is a lie.

>Isn't competition to KG at all. They serve different purposes.
So tell me why PTP has most of the stuff I look for in higher quality than KG?

the stuff you look up is anecdotal evidence.

>"anecdotal evidence is bad" meme
it's still evidence

Feel free to argue with people as stupid as yourself.

What's more frustrating than being banned? Dealing with recruiters that don't fucking respond, goddamn it.

What?

I'm here, sorry I left work and got home. Whats up?

i'll hop back on rizon sorry, like two people came

Recruiters ironically have lives too you know. They probably rejected you.

I'm legit here on rizon, my life sucks actually

you have shit opsec btw patrick

for the site or irc? I don't really care of people know my life sucks anybody that knows me would see it's apparent. if it's for the site hmu

Is this the birth of an epic new 薔薇 tracker?

> PM sent >1 month ago
> last online 2 hours ago
> "I... I have a life BTW"

Yeah. Because logging in on a site you use means you're going to answer PMs on said site.

is that you dannny o_o

Q_Q

wow I forgot about burnname what a life i've lead.