Amazon Prime Day genital

So Amazon Prime Day, yadda yadda
I splurged on this LED Bulb hue(huehuehuehue) train because I want to have colored lights in my place.

Two questions:
1.) Do these bulbs ever go on fucking sale, or are they one of those things that remain a set price forever, like video game systems. Like the company that makes them has a hold on the market and forbids any reseller for marking them down or someshit?

2.) I want to purchase color changing LED strips to line areas in my house along with these Hue bulbs. I don't want to pay for the proprietary Philips Hue strip which is like $80-90 which is fucking ridiculous.
Is there a way to buy a set of 5050 RGB noname brand ones and somehow make them work?

If not with the Philips hub that the starter pack of bulbs comes with, but maybe forgo the hub altogether and connect everything with a raspberry pi 3?

Sidenote, I want to make them work with Alexa. Botnet aside, I want to be able to say "Alexa, I'm feeling like a nigger." And Alexa will know to change the color of the lights all to purple or something.

Can this be done with the Philips hub (which can attach up to 50 "devices") or
Since I want to connect random chinkshit brand 5050 RGB LED strips along with the Hue lightbulbs (I don't think there's a chinkshit brand for those) would it be better to forgo the Philips Hub and configure an RPi3 to do all this with a connection to Alexa?

Is it even fucking possible?

Did anyone else buy these bulbs??

Holy fucking shit, SOMEBODY. Do I have a fucking magical ip block that prevents posts from being seen in every thread I make??

Someone sell me on the amazon dot.
Will alexa change my life?
Will I feel less lonely if I talk to her?

I'm dying squirtle

Don't do it, user. If you do find solace in her voice, it'll only hurt you more when reality sinks in that you're still alone.

Best bet is to suck it up and go outside to interact with real people. It gets easier the more you do it

I read your post, OP, because I bought the very kit you posted a picture of. I wasn't going to reply until I saw how desperate you are for a reply. I wasn't going to reply because I don't have Alexa, I don't have LED strips, and I don't have a raspberry pi.

I have the three bulbs, the wireless remote, and the hub. I use the iPhone app that comes with the kit. My brother uses the If This Then That app. I use the lights for my young kids, especially my 5 and 6 year olds. I have one bulb in my kids bedside lamp, one bulb in the ceiling fixture in the hallway outside their room, and one bulb in the bathroom. My kids have iPads with the Phillips app. I've created a few scenes for them. They do "Hey Siri" and then tell Siri to create a scene. I have one scene called "booktime" that shuts the bathroom light, the hall light, and dims the bedroom light for reading before bedtime. I have another scene called "potty" that dims the bedroom, the hallway and the bathroom for middle-of-the-night bathroom runs.

The kit was extremely easy to install and set up, as was the app.

Going to be getting a new router and modem. For router was thinking the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300.

What's a good modem? I really don't know much about this stuff. Could use some good recommendations.

>Alexa! Do you love me?
>"I-I think I'll need a few updates before really knowing that."

>I have another scene called "potty" that dims the bedroom, the hallway and the bathroom for middle-of-the-night bathroom runs.
I can imagine a grown man stumbling around in the dark at 3 AM and screaming
>Siri, I need to take a shit, NOW!

Prime Day is a meme

should get the motion sensor for that 2bh

I'm going to raise my kids Amish after reading this

Can someone recommend me some some good bluetooth earbuds for primeday?

aukey arcs are good and cheap. like only $15 on non-prime day.

>oh, hey, a cheap gaming monitor with freesync
>doesn't list the refresh rate (seems to be 75hz with a little math)
>no displayport
>virtually no information on the model

Thanks for getting my hopes up just to disappoint me once again, Amazon

>aukey arcs
Seem pretty good, thanks user.

done.

i looked for over an hour, there was absolutely nothing i wanted to buy today.

not a fucking thing.

this

seriously it's hard to find anything good. other than the botnet DNA test this is all i can find that's somewhat useful.

What about that angle grinder?

Looks like a good deal but I don't have a need for an angle grinder now. Can't even think of a use for it in the near future. I am looking for a non-Dewalt cordless brushless impact/hammer drill set though. Anything 12v-20v would be fine. Might just wait for the new Milwaukees to come out first.

Same.

I just spent the last hour looking through every part of Prime Day deals for something to buy (it ends in an hour from now) and there was absolutely nothing I needed or wanted.

Prime Day has to be nothing more than an excuse for Amazon to clear out some warehouse space.

>absolutely nothing I needed or wanted
I take it you didn't see the Squatty Potty?

Just in the past few hours a 64GB microSD card dropped to $18, been waiting for one.

Other than that, I added some other off season items, holiday Giant Microbes, and books that were already half off or so.

I bought some Adidas sneakers.

I bought a makita set a year ago at home depot that im very satisfied with.

Oh shit, just saw $5 off when you spend $15 on books.

Can Philips hub connect no-name led strips with its hue bulbs or is it better to get a rpi3? Is it possible to give rpi3 the same functionality as the hub or is it better/worse???

>he doesn't already have a 64gb shark

Come ON.