ETH is dead

IT ALL COMES CRUMBLING DOWN.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>17.3 bil market cap
wow it's dead

>falling for the crypto meme

Perhaps the more relevant issue is that the price/difficulty may soon make it financially unwise to buy new cards for ethereum mining.

Post yfw you didn't fall for the meme

I KNOW

Far from dead and still profitable, it would have to decline to around 60-70 to no longer be worth mining.

June 12th opens $392
>1 month
July 12th opens $191

COIN TRADERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Not fast enough. It needs to come crashing down like a witch thrown into the river.

Kinda wish I did back when shills were marketing it back in Jan/Feb, could have made a nice bit
Glad I didn't listen to the latest round of shilling though, those guys got cucked hard lol

Fuck I didn't get to sell my card yet

I hope everyone has switched over to monero

So when are we going to get cheap GPUs again?

should've sold my old 280x's to some retards

oh well

What board is this?

Yeah totally. You shouldn't buy any more cards. I agree. Definitely do not do this.

>retards realizing that the value can fluctuate over time
top kek

The board that would make the most sense for discussing a decentralized distributed computing network (ie. Ethereum).

>tfw shills can't touch this

>tfw I just bought 50 more while it's nice and cheap
feelsgoodman.jpg

Should I go ahead and sell my ETH?

>hurr.. should I sell low? I think all the experts sell low and buy high, right?

>not shorting ETH
It's like you guys really hate free money

I'm buying the dip, I have made significant returns every single time.

this

It really never fails to amaze me how many retards do the exact opposite of what every expert says to do. Buy when it is cheap and sell when it is expensive. Not the other way around. I swear most people are seriously brain damaged. Whatever. It just makes it easier for me to come out on top.

I remember when I said this about bitcoin back when it tumbled to $0.10

I am not laughing now

Some people gamble their money instead of investing their pocket cash, this makes them panic way easier while the latter group usually profits.

>l-look guys! im being sarcastic to show how c-confident i am in the time, money, and energy wasting pyramid scheme that i participate in
your shitty investment in GPU farts will never take off. you will die poor and a virgin

I sold 5% of my stash at 350 and 250. Holding the rest.

Price will be over $500 by end of this year.

In the grand scheme of things it's barely a dip thus far.

It's the dawn of a crypto bear-market. The beatings will keep on coming until morale improves.

Those who buy "cheap" coins at $180-$190 will regret it when ETH finds support around $15 and consolidates there for months and months.

To eth holders here, don't panic like a fag and sell on a dip.

BUY THE DIP and you will make money

The ponzi scheme is falling part, get a grip. The only good thing that has come from this is the cheap GPU dump coming this month.

>loses $20 in the last 24 hours
>a dip
I would like to sell you some stocks...

>I am completely clueless about what a pyramid scheme is but I am going to use the term anyways

What's your offer?

Don't listen to this faggot. You should definitely sell now because I want to buy cheaper ETH.

HODL GUYSS

The exact technicalities are unimportant, the important thing is that the earlier you get into it, and the more suckers you can rope in, the better off you are. It's a system that feeds on newcomers, who are all hoping to feed on people who are newer than they.

>the more suckers you can rope in, the better off you are
Okay you are just demonstrating how retarded you are. More people mining means less profit per miner. You couldn't be more wrong here.

it'll stabilise around $100

you can still sell now and re-buy later counting on future appreciation

It's not dead, idiot. Ether is the future.

I am while also buying more. Dollar cost average.

Is it time to buy into the cryptocoin meme?

>I read up on the term pyramid scheme a month ago on wikipedia and I interpreted it the way I want
now tell me about anarcho capitalism champ

>More people mining means less profit per miner
Wrong. More people mining sends the price of etherium up.

If you have to ask, then no.

It's certainly not the worst time to buy in. The entire market is down right now. Better now than 1 month ago

Buy when no ones talking about it.

>ponzi scheme
You're silly. Don't use this label again until you understand ponzi schemes. Ethereum and Ether cannot be ponzi schemes by definition. It's so much more than you understand. All brainlets stay the fuck away from cryptocurrencies unless you intend to buy and sell, in which case do so so we can buy it back up at a reduced rate. Sell off and create a panic, little bitch.

No, the price going up is what cause more people to get into mining. As you can see right now, the massive increase in miners did not do shit to increase the value of ETH over the last month.

>the massive increase in miners did not do shit to increase the value of ETH over the last month.
This. All it did was increase the difficulty and make mining less profitable.

>a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a non-existent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

Sure looks like a ponzi scheme to me.

>More people mining sends the price of etherium up.
Have you ever invested any money in anything? You sound like you literally just started reading about this today. The value goes up when the demand increases or the supply decreases. More miners means greater supply and the same level of demand, meaning the value goes down. Jesus christ man, learn about basic economics. Supply and demand is a pretty simple concept.

>ponzi scheme
No. The creators don't have any control over it, the blockchain is public and it can't be messed with. They don't receive money or cryptocoins from the newcomers. Transaction taxes are given to the miners only.

>not having sold at it´s last high
you people deserve this

see

Its first investors, ponzi, pyramid whatever you call it, its one use so far is to run illegal ICO's its literally scam inception.

>of a non-existent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors

You misunderstand and attribute the old mindset from our manipulated stock market. The Fiat currencies will only push more investors into cryptocurrencies as they further depreciate. Ten years from now you'll be laughing at yourself speaking of votality" when Ether and Bitcoin are worth large sums and Fiat is practically worthless.

>Its first investors
Its first investors what? The only advantage they can possibly have is being "richer" than the rest, but their cryptocoin balance itself doesn't increase by bringing more people into it. The exchange rate against FIAT might, but that has nothing to do with ponzi/pyramid schemes.

Despite entire countries adopting it. Sure, a scam. I suggest reading Vitalik Buterin's and development team's white papers and blog. Also read what the Chinese, Indians, and Russians have to say. Don't forget all the hedge fund managers and economists bullish on crypto for the long term.

You should read more.

Reminder there is no sense in informing people when you could be using your knowledge to profit instead of them using it.

Why when you can just buy more Ether while it's low? Hold and when it grows, budget some for spending. Bitcoin is digital gold and Ether is fuel for Ethereum applications but also as a general currency. More incentive, etc.

>tfw ignored crypto mining
>tfw ignored latest shills
>tfw got a new video card before they went scarce thanks to mining in the past month
>tfw got a good price while everyone else got shafted
>tfw I sold my old card for more then I got it

Agreed. Bought Ether at a dip a while ago.

Just to be clear, the system isn't made to reward new "inverstors", but the miners who are the ones who make transactions possible. Mining won't be a thing forever because there's a limited number of blocks that can be discovered.

>all these people like ETH because they have stakes in it
>Read their shit because I can't defend it myself

10/10, you convinced me, you win this one m8.

>tfw you could have mined with that card and made more from the earnings than the price you sold the card

because if you sell when it is high you will have more funds to buy when it is low and you remove the risk of minimizing your profit

This shit is a fucking gamble. Literally no one knows what will happen to the price and anyone saying it will increase/decrease is just making a guess. It was $10 at the start of this year and it's very possible it will go back down to that price so there's nothing wrong with selling now if you don't want to risk losing everything.

Not to mention proof of stake

this is as much of a gamble as trading on the stock market

Welcome to investments.

>tfw I bought 500 ETH when they were $13 and sold them when they were $365
>tfw I made a profit of $70k
>tfw it was the first time I tried investing and I did hardly any research
>tfw I had crippling buyer's remorse until late May
>tfw I now see all these poor bastards literally considering suicide

Yes, but that is gambling because you can't be sure when it is at the top of a spike.

*profit of $170k

>tfw I now see all these poor bastards literally considering suicide
Literally everyone I know with ETH thinks this is a great opportunity to buy more. I don't see anyone upset about this. I kind of wish it would go back up just so I can finish scaling up my mining business, but I'm still doing fine either way.

Not if you have insider trading information

>invested 3k in ETH
>it goes up to 27k during ATH
>now its gone down to 11k
>seriously considering shorting if it falls below 10k

are you implying that´s not the same with the stock market?

Actually, all cryptocurrency talk is supposed to be on /biz/. /biz/ was in fact created to get all the shitty cryptocurrency threads off Sup Forums back when the whole dogecoin rush was going on.

That kind of trading is still gambling on the stock market. What does that have to do with anything?

Cry harder faggot

Same thing for me most people see this as a time to watch and buy

just wanted to have that clarified
and i do agree

Cryptocurrency is infact a Ponzi scheme as soon as someone pays real money for it.

There is literally 0 reason to ever buy cryptotrash unless you believe you will be able to sell it for more money in the future to someone else.

Yeah I'm sure this "internet" fad will blow over in a few years

it´s a currency you idiot
you can pay with it for actual services
by your reasoning everything is a ponzi scheme

It is a ponzi scheme the moment it moves to PoS.

There is no reason to owning anything of value unless you believe you will be able to transfer its value to some other form in the future.

Salty tulip fag detected

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

As long as you buy established cryptos you will be safe. Stick to BTC and ETH and you are almost guaranteed to make money in the long run. The chances of them becoming completely worthless is very low.

>yfw failed miners try to sell their beaten to hell GPUs on craigslist next month
>yfw they don't even recoup 1/4th of their costs

>Expend USD to obtain mining equipment to earn ETH
vs
>Expend USD to obtain ETH to earn ETH
Same input and output. You sound like you have no idea what you are talking about

>tfw you didn't buy buttcoins in 2009 and now one of your country's biggest computer retail store accepts bitcoin and you could've be swimming in high end computer for decades

>Same input and output
You must be fucking retarded to think so. You know why PoW is still readily used? Because it is hard as fuck to mount a 51% attack. Move to PoS where money buys more money and no one knows who has the money. Now you got a ponzi scheme.

Scenario A: input=USD, output=ETH.
Scenario B: input=USD, output=ETH

It doesn't get any more cut and dry than that. It's just as difficult to mount a 51% attack in either scenario. Good luck buying billions of dollars worth of ETH to attack the network

>money buys more money
Welcome to capitalism retard

Kill yourself moron. That wasn't my point.

The difference in process is what makes it difficult you imbecile. Might as well say every investment scheme is the same. Money in money out. Guess every investment opportunity is the same then.
Scenario A takes money and time. Scenario B only requires money.

>Scenario A takes money and time. Scenario B only requires money.
Not true. The returns from PoS also take time (not to mention the ROI is expected to be significantly lower than that of mining). Are you brain damaged?

Are you mentally incapable of thinking you fucking imbecile. Talking to you make me sick because of how fucking stupid you are. What has returns from PoS got to do with a 51% attack? Fuck off moron. Do you even know what is a 51% attack?

I didn't realize you were still talking about a 51% attack given that it is basically impossible to perform unless you happen to have billions of dollars laying around. Do you have billions of dollars laying around? If so, are you willing to literally throw it away in an attempt to ruin Ethereum? Come on, stop being a retard.

HODL