Vacuums are technology

What are some good vacuums? And I don't mean any pussy shit like canister vacuums or cordless.

I want a bag vacuum that will suck my carpet bone dry.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Kirby-Vacuum-Shampooer-Model-G10D-Excellent-Condition-Purchased-3-23-2013/282562033724
ebay.com/itm/232400981579
ebay.com/itm/352095968958
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for dyson is the apple of appliances

I know that dysons are the bose of vacuums I just need to know what's good

Hey fuck off my Dyson is great
They're more like Bose than Apple

Dyson is shit. They break down all the time.
Literally the only reason to get one is if you want a bagless and can't be swayed.

I use Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog. Shit's awesome.

Is there a good bag vacuum that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Orvell is still a good brand right? These fucking Miele vacuums are like 600 bucks

Dyson is shit. They're plastic garbage. They're a chore to clean, which you have to do regularly.

The best bang for your buck is a used Kirby. You can get one that is 1-2 years old with all the attachments for $200 on eBay.

t. Owner of a maid service

Hoover isn't too bad.

Electrolux

>buy used kirby
>have no skills or required knowledge in cleaning and repairing vacuum cleaners
>get cucked

damn...

>get cucked

That's very unlikely. I have 8 and the only one that's ever needed work is a 14 year old Kirby that I had to repair the clutch plate on. All the Kirbys you find on ebay or Craigslist are in mint condition.

Here's what happens:

>scumbag salesman comes to your house
>the demo is great
>he tricks you into paying 1400 for a vacuum
>the vacuum is too heavy for most housewives to use, so it sits
>a few years later, they're cleaning out their closet and they sell it

Also, they're no cleaning required. You just throw the bag out when it's done. My Dyson has to be disassembled and cleaned every week or it starts to lose suction.

What are the good models? This any gud? ebay.com/itm/Kirby-Vacuum-Shampooer-Model-G10D-Excellent-Condition-Purchased-3-23-2013/282562033724

Depends - like with speakers - on your local market.
If you're from Schland, consider Sebo.

Kirby. Not even joking. They are the most overpriced thing possibly ever, but they are also the best vacuum on the market. Most places allow an in-home demonstration.

kirbys are so fucking heavy

That's way too expensive. I bought that exact Kirby two years ago for $230. Check Craigslist.

Kirby builds their vacuums well, but they haven't changed at all in 30 years. They tinker with the bags sometimes so you have to buy their new ones, but otherwise everything is the same. You can even swap parts between them.

The best model is the Sentria. The model after that, the Sentria 2, requires more expensive bags, for no apparent reason. The bags are only a dollar more, but these things add up over time.

Here's a Sentria 2 for a good price.

ebay.com/itm/232400981579

That they are. And the in-home demonstrations pretty much guarantee that you'll buy one, because they won't do your whole carpet, only select spots. So you either have patches of carpet that look really clean in comparison to the rest of the carpet, or you shell out the money for what is essentially a small jet engine of a vacuum.

What the fuck does the letter after the G10 model mean? I see G10-D and G10-B and shit

Here is a good price on a Sentria.

ebay.com/itm/352095968958

The only difference between the models is the paint scheme. The Sentria will accept the older bags though, so it's a better deal, despite being a year older.

If you look at their serial numbers, the last four digits are the month and year.

The G10 is the Sentria, the G10D is the Sentria 2. It's the same vacuum, the bags are just more expensive on the Sentria.

You have to understand how Kirby works. They're all door to door sales, so every year the salesmen have to have some gimmick for why this year's model is better. Affiliates buy the vacuums wholesale for $200-300 from Kirby and just try to get as much profit as possible out of them.

>bags are just more expensive on the Sentria 2*

Sorry for my autism about the bags, but it's the only difference between the two, and bags can get expensive when you buy as many as I do.

That's pretty scummy desu.

How do these still exist? The door to door sales method has been proven to be near useless. Drop the price to $300, put them online, now you are the #1 vacuum seller in the country.

Try spending a week on a team that tries to sell them. Huge bait and switch.

"We'll give you 500 dollars per week to set up appointments!"
What this really involves is showing up at 5AM and hopping in a van, going to some tiny town, and literally knocking door to door until 9 pm, asking if someone wants a free demonstration while the demonstrator (who works on commision) takes a minimum of 2 hours to close a deal on a $1200 vacuum that really only costs 200 if you bothered to check ebay. Repeat this 6 days per week. Oh, and you're a contract worker, so you pay the entirety of the taxes on the money you earn.

Agreed. I figure that as long as I don't give any money to the scumbag salesmen, I'm not culpable for the scam.

Yeah reading about these kirby sales teams on the internet has lead to some seriously hilarious and fucked up stories

I think I'll just buy a hoover or an orvell on amazon so I don't support this companies autism

>Pussy shit like canister vacuums
You know that canister vacs are the future right?

Kirby doesn't send out the sales team. It's always 3rd parties. Kirby just sells them the vacuums.

A Kirby salesman came to my house and demonstrated the power of Kirby vacuums by putting baking soda in our carpets. He accidentally dumped his whole tin can full of baking soda and proceeded to spend the next hour vacuuming the baking soda little by little. (the vacuum was on demo mode so it didn't have a bag.)

I'm betting it wasn't really an accident. Every minute he was there was a chance to try and sell you the vacuum. If it was really an accident, he would have tried to spread the baking soda around as much as possible.

Kirby isn't sending its best.

A kirby salesman bothered my family when I was a kid in 1997. Every other week he'd come by and pound on our windows. My mom finally let him in one day and my dad hid in the coat closet. He walked in with a shit eating grin, and started talking shit while setting up his equipment. Then my dad rushed out of the closet, literally kicked him in the ass, and threw the guys equipment out in the snow. I laughed my five year old ass off.

>my dad hid in the coat closet

I thought this story was going somewhere completely different. I wish I could leave this place.

>started talking shit
like what?

"oh so you finally let me in" or something along those lines nigga I was 5

Obviously the dude was insulting the family's old vacuum cleaner, who user's father built with his own hands, and this angered user's father to the point where he felt the need to defend the vacuum's honor.

Like "Ima kick yo as wimmin", what else Kirby salesmen can talk about?

My father just opened the door with a rifle in his hands and told the man to get off his property the second time he showed up (didn't get the hint the first time). Never showed up again.

>kirby salesman walks in
>dad is hiding in closet
>dad opens the closet door
>GET ON THE FLOOR
>EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

I use Numatic vacuums in my workshop. They won't suck your dick clean off like a brand new Dyson but they're good for decades and function fine without a bag. Currently have two on the trot, one of which is used for dust extraction on the smaller machines and had basically been running all day every day for the last 5 years.

Handheld mini ones are the best, great for keyboards and dust hiding around your desk, just don't usei t on your computer or screen if you don't want a static discharge fucking things up.

Kärcher
Water filter > everything else.

i have a dyson dc30?
best i ever had, better then vorwerk, siemens, miele which my parents had.
if you have animals it's kinda unbeatable+
easy repair (going strong year 6),
easy to get original parts + cost is alright

but i understand, this is Sup Forums and it's the wrong kind of ugly...

VORWERK
O
R
W
E
R
K

no

I chuckled.

utter shit.
this is my third post, sorry but i really have strong feelings about houseold appliances

>kirby salesman comes to my house
>i crack the door and leave the chain lock on because I know of their bullshit
>tell him that my car costs less than his shitty vacuum
>he tells me that he'll sell me the vacuum if I trade in my car plus an extra 500 dollars

these kirby salesmen are all fucking looney toons

I would have asked him if it was possible to drive the vacuum. If he said yes, I would have asked for a demonstration of him driving the vacuum before unchaining the door.

No what?

get a gud vac that can succ
like a disson

succ

i want a vacuum robot.
whats the thinkpad of those on the market?

I've had like 4 gens of Roomba back to back, I just go and trade them in at the store and pay a $100 fee to upgrade. Truth is I trade them in all fucked up, thats what having several animals will do to one of these robots.

The latest Roomba with the smartphone software is by far the best one I've had and the one right before it was fucking hilariously bad. They put a feature to manually control the robot which was fucking absurd, if I was gonna manually control the robot I would fucking get up and vacuum myself.

The new one can be activated remotely and it sends notifications to your phone if it gets stuck and you can change the power o the vacuum from eco-carpet boost.

Very nifty

Out of my way you bitches. The king is here. I'm durable, cheap, powerful and portable as fuck.

Which roomba do you have now?

i have this fucker as my only friend is one of my cats. i didn't pay full price though because fuck that. never had any problems with it and it gets my carpets a LOT cleaner than any vac i've had before