JUST SEGMENT MY SHIT UP

JUST SEGMENT MY SHIT UP

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/235092/intel-says-amd-epyc-processors-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck
anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade
globalfoundries.com/news-events/press-releases/globalfoundries-track-deliver-leading-performance-7nm-finfet-technology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its called fragmentation you stupid leaf

I need that 7401P

NEED

y tho

Because why not

What the fuck is wrong with Intel?
What's the point of like half of these SKUs?

#bettered by threadripper

8 memory channels tho.

glad to see intel does the retarded $10 price difference for 300mhz turbo on a 35w higher tdp chip in the >$3k price range too, I thought they were only cucking their consumer market there for a second

They have better gaming performance than ayyyyyymd

Is this official?

How many fps in CSGO can I expect from a 28 core xeon chip?

they're a fucking monopoly

Lmao, this is Sup Forums tier shitposting, just scare tactics, they spend more time talking about EPYC than their product.

Ans their stock reflects this.

Soon to be crushed.
No monopoly lasts forever.

Why didn't Intel ever stop to reconsider their retarded plans once they realized Zen is actually good?

yes

Man I ask local Intel shills?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
INTEL IS LITERALLY SHITPOSTING.
IN OFFICIAL SKYLAKE-EP SLIDES.
WHO THE FUCK APPROVED THAT?

If Intel had a gpu worth shit they wouldn't even think about avx

>login.php?session_id=

SOMEONE ALREADY CALLED ON THE BULLSHIT INTEL SAID

techpowerup.com/235092/intel-says-amd-epyc-processors-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck

>On SMT implementation between AMD's SMT and Intel's HT, Intel is basically comparing a $2,200 8-core Xeon to AMD's usually $499 Ryzen 7 1800X
>And it's certainly a coincidence that for Intel to achieve these SMT implementation scaling numbers, which paints them in good light, they had to down-clock the Ryzen 1800X to 2.2 GHz

>$499
Isn't it $469 now?

>Here, Intel is comparing their server-grade processors with AMD's Ryzen, desktop processors gaming woes, which really, is one of the best examples of comparing apples to oranges that I've seen in a long time.
>So AMD's server platform will require optimizations as well because Ryzen did, for incomparably different workloads?
>Putting things in the same perspective, is Intel saying that their Xeon ecosystem sees gaming-specific optimizations?

Intel creates new market, datacenter gaming market.

Maybe Intel plans on resurrecting Onlive

>Here, Intel are telling us how much better for the customer it is to be hard-locked to Intel's ecosystem for virtualization, since "VMs running on Intel Xeon processor compute pools can only live migrate to other Intel VM Pools"
>It's like they're saying "just imagine the amount of work you'll have to migrate these to AMD. Better remain with us."

A literal decoder ring to know what CPU you have.

Intel will sell it to you.

8156 is my favourite.

>4 cores
>3.6GHz
>105W TDP

>$7007

You can't make this shit up

Meanwhile in AMD land, $7000 gets you 64 cores at 2.6GHz.

Lisa Su and AMD will have a great laugh at this desperate attempt from Intel

This is for L3 optimised workloads but they gutted L3 so it makes zero sense.
I don't understand Intel.

>CSGO
maybe like 120

DELET

An actual mesh of Ring Buses!

looks like JUSTnich is the new Todd Howard

How much does the Marketing enterprise pays to you?

Nothing? Because a $1000 server CPU with all the bells and whistles isn't very expensive

makes me think about how much threadripper will cost

You're not funny.

Someone needs to defragment that product line.

>8156
>4 cores
>$7007

I checked ark, this is real

But why

Exactly.
When will Sup Forums understand this.
FYI I'm a 7700k owner.

anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade

Yeah but oh man, wouldn't you just love to get one of those EPYCs, baby? Ooooh!

Please tell me this is real.

> Our Xeons are better because
> Look at all these companies using our cloud collaboration service
> Because of this your software is guaranteed to somehow work better on Xeon
> It's easier to deploy applications because "Robust Ecosystem reasons"

> Now look at AMD
> Look at all this RED! It means danger! DANGER!
> Look at this questionmark. Don't you feel insecure and scared already!
> Software is not "optimized" for 4 die / socket even though that shit is abstracted away on a hardware/kernel level!
> You will have to rewrite all your software because their x86 is somehow different from the rest of the worlds, trust us!
> Don't believe us? Here have this link to a consumer gaming site proving that AMD worse because "gaming performance"

Holy shit Intel. First that press-release and now this. What ARE you doing.

it gets better

>WCCFTECH
>MOTHERFUCKING
>WCCFTECH

> Socket change is innovation
> Not having to buy a new processor every year means you'll stagnate!
> Look at this trusted source for proof
> * Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors

Holy fucking SHIT what am I reading

damage control

>software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors.
JUST

>that 7281
>16 cores for $650
What a massacre.

>What is Rome
>What is Milan

>implying at least 10-15% IPC uplift plus frequency uplift from 7LP wouldn't destroy Intel on their god awful 10nm

Some idiot goin to buy $7000 4core overclock and game on it

This was supposed to be the beginning of their total monopoly. They clearly had Skylake SP planned for a while, and had no time to backpedal from it once Epyc was announced. So instead of tightening their grip on the x86 server market, they end up lookinh retarded.

Both Intel and AMD CPU's have segmentation, you fucking retard. They're both x86.

guys come on this argument is pointless
If your CPU doesn't put a hole in your wallet and performs good enough then
>why do you bother

>LinusTechTips

Because you need server quality

>What to buy when building 10k$ gaming rig? *Click here*
>Well, 7k$ Xeon is just the most robust choice when compared to glued together processors. Babies can glue together their fingers. PLZ BUY

>Intel fuckboys think they can compete
>Intel delayed 10nm until 2018
>AMD releasing 7nm in 2018
>AMD taping out Zen2 in November
Where were you when Intel became the poorfags?

this is what their binning looks like

>mfw Intel shill can't respond to this post

>50+ skus
>12 skus

fuck off, you can't even install the full 1.5TB of RAM on all those xeons, some are limited to half that amount, intel is imposing artificial limitations so they can charge more for specific features

Try 40%. It's a 50% die shrink.

AMD will be on 7nm while Intel is dicking around on 10nm in 2018/2019.

The jew is kill.

Proof that CPUwarfags don't know shit about actual technology. They just sit there and argue their favorite brand like the fanboy cucks that they are.

>1.5TB of RAM
What use cases have this much RAM? Genuinely curious.

servers

I know, be more specific. Is it file servers, databases?

In-memory databases are the latest meme in enterprise.

>actually resorting to "why would anyone need that?"
wew

but in case you're not baiting, people on the enterprise market like to put their massive shiny databases loaded on ram so it doesn't perform like a snail, image/video processing also uses a lot of ram, just like any workload that has to deal with a lot of data at the same time

Proof Intel shills can't respond to this.

Imagine having a multi-terabyte Oracle database entirely loaded in memory.

We're discussing server shit. And Intel's server shit will put a hole in your wallet, bank account and mortgage your house.

OHHHH GOD IM CUMMING SO HARDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

SAP HANA

>Y-you cause i-i-instability when going s-so low. O-our God did not meant u-us to tinker w-with 7nm. PLZ BUY INTEL!

Suddenly after this post all the Intel shills disappear.

It's almost as if Intel actually does pay for shills on Sup Forums and can't respond when they get absolutely btfo.

40% IPC uplift? No way. 40% frequency uplift? Sure. They will want to keep the TDP in check, though. Imagine a 6 core per CCX 48c/96t monster EPYC.

We also don't know the yields on that 7LP yet. Yeah it's IBM, but it's also GloFo. Would love it if it's great, though. These Intel Press Workshops slides are fucking hilarious. 2017 best timeline

6 core CCX would be the next logical move but AMD needs to be careful they don't go ludicrously dense per CCX otherwise you get to the skylake-x problem where you can't move heat from the die fast enough to keep the cores cool. Half the reason why EPYC and threadripper can actually be cooled is their packages are massive which makes them really easy to cool.

that first response to epyc some weeks ago and now these slides just prove that they actually have sponsored shills here, the arguments they make are way too close, just a few days ago there was one guy saying that threadripper would suck because it has 2 numa nodes/domains or whatever

globalfoundries.com/news-events/press-releases/globalfoundries-track-deliver-leading-performance-7nm-finfet-technology

Boy did that Global Foundries and Samsung technology partnership pay off big time.

Exciting times.

they won't have that problem because they actually use solder, meanwhile skl-x cpus have the die at 90°C and the ihs at 30°C

I wish to understand what you can do with a xeon 4 cores that support 768gb ram and cost 4k because memory support is the only difference from 7700k (lower frequency too)

I wasn't trying to start an argument. Reply to someone else.

it's $7000

Intel is doing their jobs for them, now.

Reminder: A Jew never changes.
Intel will always have unethical and questionable business practices.

Exactly. The thing about this is I own a 6700k and 7700k. Intel should of did one of 2 things. Focus on the mobile x86 architecture or churn out more investment for the desktop architecture.

Intel did neither and will suffer. They keep talking about these "technology features" yet they never make it to the average user and are only available for highend Xeons that cost 2k+.

I'm rooting for team red to gain 50% of the x86 market.

Load a database with low amount of queries into RAM? I don't know shit about RAM databases but this is only thing I can think of. Also maybe a backup server?

IBM, not Samsung. lern2read

its all three actually. Samsung will be using a variant of the same process that they all collaborated on, though Samsung won't be offering a 7nm node until they have full EUV integration.
You can read about it on EE Times.

We were both right. IBM and Samsung.

>pic related is Intel
>"By biting the bullet and skipping 10nm, GF opened up the technical bandwidth to attack 7nm head-on. Others have been dividing their resources and going for half- or even quarter-nodes."

Everyone points and laughs at Intel.

Intel will just lie through their teeth and claim they're superior no matter what. The consumer will believe what intel tells them to believe.
Thats how they operate.

Ryzen sales tell otherwise.

Wasn't everyone except Intel cheating with how they count number of nms?
So an Intel 10 may be equal to other's 7 for example because Intel doesn't cheat?

How are those x299 sales doing bud?

Oy vey! Don't you see how inconsistent Ryzen is! Its glued togetha!