And they say Chrome is the botnet

and they say Chrome is the botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1302552#c1
discovery.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/discovery/pane/55.0/WINNT/normal
arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is. That's why the most sensible thing to do is to use Inox browser, Iridium or ungoogled-chromium.

what is ublock

>Sup Forums whines about botnet software, when the hardware is already compromised

Some extensions won't block it because it's in an about: page, not a normal website

>hey i am accessing the website for addons on firefox why am i getting analytics in about:addons
is this retard for real?
there are no analytics in the about:addons page only on their website which he´d know if he checked the tabs that are not blatantly pointing at another website

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1302552#c1

what i said still stands there is no analytics on any tab besides the one where you access their website

Who said there can only be one? For the record though, neither is a botnet. Both are dataminers, Chrome to a much higher degree.

discovery.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/discovery/pane/55.0/WINNT/normal
>load actual web page
>wtf why is it using my network??? omg botnet

All my this... I get so tired of this

Easily fixed.

>go to about:addons to manage my addons, >automatically loads an external website with analytics
>nothing wrong

>not blocking google analicking at the router

>not blocking all google shit at the router and use Chrome

Have you actually tried that? I seriously doubt unmodified chrome/chromium would be functional then.

I don't use Chrome, so no. Just making fun of your retarded argument.
I'd imagine it would work except for stuff like auto-update

>chrome
dude what

Fpbp
/thread

>exploits accessible by a handful of intelligences services, who even then cannot use their findings in court and must keep usage to a minimum to ensure secrecy

Versus

>Google analytics and similar, available to just about everybody, used to build a profile of you which is sold to advertisers (who can shill stuff to you in a bunch of ways beyond regular web page ads, see arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/ for an example) as well as to political and social groups who engage in psychological manipulation, through everything from adverts to recommended news stories to letters through your door to whether a billboard/TV ad campaign runs in your area, doubtless with individually-targeted ads coming shortly for both

Not having 100% perfect privacy doesn't mean you should just give up on all fronts. Being careful about the software you run gives you a great deal of control over your information, and consequently your self. It's hardly an exaggeration to say that people who give too much data out are forfeiting independent thought.

>not using an old thinkpad with trannyboot

My cpu does not have intel ME so suck it bitch

INTEL ME HARDER

HARDER!!!

Your already cucked with firefox. Safe browsing adds a Google cookie. Close all tabs, clear all cookies and wait about 5 mins and a Google cookie magically appears

GNU Icecat doesn't have this problem.

>your doorlock is shitty, better get rid of the door alltogether, whoo needs this shit

bretty much

Debian patch when

Well, yeah.
>spend money on a nice new lock
>thief just unscrews the hinges from the outside because the entire door was designed wrong on purpose

a more apt comparison would be:
>don't bother spending money on a lock for your house because your police station has the master key anyway

Googbots sure are piling the attacks on Firefox lately. Fuck you chromecucks I only Firefox, it doesn't nag me about location for starters.

LITERALLY NOTHING
LYING CHROMECÚCKS BTFO

I've seen it connecting to Google Analytics in the add-ons page too. It always happen when you are starting a fresh profile.

What does it matter?
Soon Firefox will become indistinguishable from Chrome anyway.

Yeah, any the police's master key is a fucking screwdriver. This is the problem with backdoors. They are not exclusive to "law enforcement". This is why they are intrinsically harmful to computer security and always will be.

My librebooted X200 running trisquel isn't compromised

Librebooted X200 master race checking in

I wouldn't even feel the need to use Firefox if chromium could be properly customized but the nav bar is so fucking ugly that couldnt possibly use that browser again.

Libre X200s here

Fuck off chromecuck.

I stopped getting chromecucked when google disabled the hidden config to disable that fucking download bar, and holy shit has that trash gone downhill since then. Fuck chrome, fuck google for nagging to install it.

>doesn't want Firefox to become Chrome
>chromecuck
wat

>he doesn't run a librebooted x60 running parabola Gahnoo + leenocks lebray.
also nice nirvana fallacy.

So how do you fix it ?

>For the record though, neither is a botnet. Both are dataminers,

hownew.ru

I wouldn't mind that Mozilla is 99% sjw and 1% programmers if they just were sjw about the right things.
Free software is a lot more important than gender politics and there is absolutely nothing that can justify talking about gender when you are running non free software on your own sites or creates additions which is defective by design.

What I was implying was that you're unfamiliar with the botnet meme.