Firefox tracks you using Google Analytics

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
>It is extremely useful to us and we have already weighed the cost/benefit of using tracking
What was the moment you realised Mozilla is ok with selling you out to highest bidder?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/1107#issuecomment-314750690
github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785#issuecomment-314807534
addons.mozilla.com
github.com/eloston/ungoogled-chromium
vivaldi.com/source/
fbuild.com/
discovery.addons.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/firefox/discovery/pane/%VERSION%/%OS%/%COMPATIBILITY_MODE%
twitter.com/AnonBabble

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/1107#issuecomment-314750690
>Google has a policy regarding data–it is not shared without explicit consent given by the customer (in this case: Mozilla)
Fucking retard, does he unironically believe Google doesn't keep backups? of fucking course he doesn't, he's a piece of shit who isn't even able to lie for damage control, I really hope he gets castrated by a stray pit bull next time he goes out.

Cuck:
>We won't be discontinuing our usage of analytics for our web properties, but I do think it would be nice to consider easy opt-outs for users like yourself who clearly do not want to participate in analytics sharing.

User:
>Even if we'd trust Google (which we shouldn't) and then trust Mozilla to set the right level of consent. Any kind of data sharing should clearly be an opt-in instead of opt-out, don't you think?

Cuck:
>Please be careful about issuing blanket statements around what Mozilla or all users should do regarding their trust in Google. You may feel one way about trusting Google, but that's a choice that's up to you and to every user.
>I'm happy to have a discussion around this and am clearly on the side of user choice, but as you would prefer we do not use Google Analytics at all, many Mozilla Staff and users are either happy we do or ambivilant. We should not presume to make sweeping choices for all users in any direction.
>Regarding opt-in/opt-out: I believe the Firefox first-run experience asks users to opt-in to sharing usage data. What I'm saying is that it'd be great to hook into that setting to tell about:addons whether or not we should load analytics for that user.

>as you would prefer we do not use Google Analytics at all, many Mozilla Staff and users are either happy we do or ambivilant
>as you would prefer we do not use Google Analytics at all, many Mozilla Staff and users are either happy we do or ambivilant

>We're the privacy respecting browser.
>btw, we actually let google track you because fuck effort

>We have heard the opinions here of people who do not trust Google. For now obviously you can block Google Analytics domains in your DNS settings and opting not to use the about:addons feature (you can also disable the discovery pane from loading by blocking requests to discovery.addons.mozilla.org where the page is hosted). We won't be entertaining the notion that Google will hoard all the data it has agreed to keep anonymous and private for now.

This isn't new, Firefox has been sending Google data since '13/14

Well for a long time most of their revenue came from a deal with google to make them the default search engine. Google was basically keeping them alive to ward off antitrust people. Kinda like why MS kept making Office and shit for the Mac in the 90s.

So what browser is Sup Forums approved now?

a-am i safe Sup Forums

Literary SJW/Hipster browser

chrome

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785#issuecomment-314807534

Privacy is OVER!

No, because uBlock Origin doesn't work in about:addons, gorhill said the addon wrongly reports that GA is blocked but it actually isn't, check the github thread.

are all of you new to the internet? the government already knows everything about you since several years ago...stop this autistic discussion

>not using hosts file to block botnet

Check the catalog, there's a new Sup Forums project, but don't have too many expectations, you're gonna be disappointed probably.
Get a VPN and run browser fingerprint tests to see how traceable your browser really is.

>there's a new Sup Forums project
Does it have a logo yet? I'll get right on it.

Mozilla is dead to me starting at the time they've kicked out faggot hating faggot.

>tfw you wrote a program before thinking about its architecture

Yes it does, retard, just remove the "about-scheme" rule from the default whitelist.

This: github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785#issuecomment-314807534
I don't eve use it because I block directly in hosts with a IP list manager so I don't really care, I just read what gorhill wrote there.

Can you explain that solution in a bit more detail, very interesting and I'd like to apply it myself, thanks.

Apparently it's only used on the "Get Add-ons" page. By default firefox opens up to the "Extensions" page, as long as you do not click on the "Get Add-ons" link it doesn't really affect you.

fork of chromium like debian's chromium, inox, iridium, ungoogled is probably your best bet for a relatively safe browsing and still properly functioning webbrowser

Google ultron

>mozilla is selling your info to google
>better use google botnet goym

I'm on Waterfox, is this something that would affect me? Is this browser anything more than rebranded Firefox at this point?

Microsoft Edge

good to know. thankfully I've always used addons.mozilla.com rather than that interface

It's always been rebranded Firefox, you double nigger. The only difference there ever was was that it was recompiled for 64-bit architecture. And the benefits of that are so negligible you might as well be using Firefox on winshit.

Open the dashboard --> Whitelist tab --> add a "#" before "about-scheme" to comment it out.

Brave is waiting for you, user.

Literally waiting for you

>negotiated a deal with Google to ensure data was not shared for mining or with other third parties
Lmao. I wonder how do they enforce that. Do they have an access to the servers? Separate database? All logs? Their routers? Personnel on premises? I'd really like to find that out. Maybe read daily journals that their enforcers write.

THIS WAS THE LAST FUCKING STRAW FUCK EVERYTHING
I will just use Brave and Palememe

Ungoogled Chromium

This.

>implying such a thing exists

>block google
wow

just another thing the fork that takes over when they commit suicide by ditching XUL will upgrade

Placebo, every tracker it finds google will plant another 5 secret ones.

It literally does you mong github.com/eloston/ungoogled-chromium

>debian's chromium
Aw shit, it doesn't have extensions disabled as default. I really might go back.
>mfw Chrome as default browser since it came out
>mfw Linux on the desktop two years ago
>mfw firefox for only two years
I think it's time to go back.

Friendly reminder for those suggesting brave is that it's a chromium fork so any problems with chromium most likely get carried over with brave.

They expect me to configure my DNS to use their shit? Lol bye bye firefox

>visiting a website on a tab opened once and literally never again tracks you if you're a retard without BlockOfYourChoice.20
oh no

>for now
Fuck

How difficult would it be to port suckless surf browser into a framebuffer?

>trading one botnet for another
>one made by a homophobe no less
Nice try eichshill

Fun fact: Brave is literally an Electron app.
Anyone could write non-botnetted browser chrome and get the same filtered results without the ball and blockchain.

>complaining about "homophobia"
Let me guess, you're white and a homophile.

Brave on desktop is shit, completely shit.

Firefox may have it's problems, but still is the best choice.
Though I do hope this fucks hear the community instead of trying to justify why they fucked up.

>Firefox may have it's problems, but still is the best choice.
Vivaldi is the best choice, m8
Of course, if you're not tinfoil (just saying it's better than chrome in this case btw)

>Vivaldi

That closed source shit.
A node.js on top of Chrome.

Shit.

Whatever you say.
vivaldi.com/source/

>JS almost at C level of speed
>easier to maintain/develop/deploy
>easiest cross plat ever
T H E B E S T
H
E
B
E
S
T

>License: propriety freeware
No thanks

Still open-source
:^)
Get rekt

>Smiley meme green arrow
It's clearly not if the license doesn't reflect that

OSS =/= FOSS
Just because it's not GPL doesn't mean that it's not open source.
Talk to your master RMS if you don't believe in me.

regardless of the browser you use, the ISP will track your shit anyways.

The idea that your connections aren't tracked or logged is moot at this point, that's why it's not about fighting to protect the logging or tracking of online activity, rather encrypting it.

get with the times Sup Forums

>Both browsers are botnets

You might as well use the bot net that's faster, more secure, and better supported.

KEK

>check out dns traffic in wireshark... Unknown Operation: Malformed packets (dnscrypt)
>user "AnonTheReal/G/" sent CONNECT to ip 14.88.14.88
>https established
> > bip bip > gibberish encrypted giberrish
> < bop bop < gibbersih encrypted gibberish
ISPs literally track shit

Lies

Waterfox but I still dont trust it,they include some shit in it.

This isn't showing up for me. Do you only use ubo? No noscript or umatrix? And why are you blocking csp reports?

Data gets posted straight to Google servers

>We won't be entertaining the notion that Google will hoard all the data it has agreed to keep anonymous and private for now.

I for one, consider Mozilla to be fully compromised at this point, and anyone who keeps using it's software, to be nothing but an imbecile.

Iridium and Brave.

qutebrowser

>agreed to keep anonymous and private for now.
>for now
Ahahaha

ALL of the anti-Firefox shills can go fuck themselves in this thread, every last one of you. Easy way to disable:

"Firefox users who don't use Get Add-ons can disable the functionality in the following way:

1. Load about:config?filter=extensions.webservice.discoverURL
2. Double-click on the preference, and remove all characters so that the value is blank.
3. Restart Firefox."

It's that simple...

I bet NONE of these "concerned" privacy advocates (aka shills) even have a librebooted thinkpad and are freaking out over a STUPID little script that does very little to affect their privacy, while at the same time their proprietary BIOS and the Intel ME/AMD PSP are LITERALLY raping their system from top to bottom and selling their data and privacy to the highest bidder along with every single five eyes ALPHABET agency out there. Fuck all of you shills, go to hell.

Are there Chromium-based browsers that can do smoothcrolling like Firefox?

Download icecat

>he doesn't completely block google analytics already
It's like you're asking for it

This one. It's faster than any other browser on the market because of japanese magic.

fbuild.com/

I lol'd, I lol'd hard... (even have a librebooted..) LoLoLoL! Dude, chill all there hackers ran off to play with ARM & OMAP - Alphabet? Dont you mean "Alef" the Holy C.

Do you speak English? Because none of your incoherent rambling makes any sense whatsoever.

>extensions.webservice.discoverURL
>discovery.addons.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/firefox/discovery/pane/%VERSION%/%OS%/%COMPATIBILITY_MODE%
How does that block ga?

Also, then what was this user talking about?

It disables that addons page, hence GA will never get loaded. How dense are you?

Well, the addon page is the only one we are aware of that sends data to ga, doesn't mean it's the only one though.

The code is open source dumb dumb. If there's another page, then please, by all means, point it out. I'm waiting.

Dumb shits. Stop wasting energy avoiding tracking. Focus on giving them nothing interesting to track. Have a Facebook, just don't post anything on it like a retard. Like through your teeth. If you want to be anonymous, activate Tor.

>Facebook
which is part of PRISM. You shouldn't even have an account there
>Tor
which half the nodes are run by the NSA

Just select a trusting entry node.

>shouldn't have account there

Enjoy being the paranoid anti-social retard who will be turned down at any company just for being a weirdo and looked down upon by everyone else.

Having a facebook account doesn't mean you have to feed them data.

>NSA

It's not interested in your pedophilic doujin searches retard. Wanna be safe? Start by defining who your enemy is. If you say "NSA" you've already lost kiddo. If Mossad wants you, you gonna get Mossaded unless you have state-level resources to fight back. Your puny hacktivism doesn't stand a chance.

Tor will defeat tracking and google.

lmfao I have a higher paying job than you faggot. If you actually think you need an FB to get a job then you're just plain retarded.

>It's not interested in your pedophilic doujin searches retard. Wanna be safe? Start by defining who your enemy is. If you say "NSA" you've already lost kiddo. If Mossad wants you, you gonna get Mossaded unless you have state-level resources to fight back. Your puny hacktivism doesn't stand a chance.
bwhahahahahahaha, I have a librebooted X60s with multiple VPN's. Go fuck yourself

>Tor will defeat tracking and google.
Yes, that's exactly what the NSA wants you to believe :^)

Holy shit this is grade A propaganda.

Wow it's fucking nothing.

open about:config
search for "update" and for "http"
Disable ALL updates
Empty all strings that contain "http".
Firefox is quiet like it should be.
Updates are not needed, you do them when you want just by downloading the next one and doing this process again - it takes just 2 minutes anyways. Also you can randomly delete all the files you don't want. For example most of the js-files in the mozilla forder aren't needed. The browser opens anyways. Fun times.

The get addons page doesn't work anymore because I removed something in about:config because of this, but I don't care. You can still install updates by going to the mozilla site directly

> c speed from Javascript

O i m laffn

You can install updates even without the addon page. The extensions page with update checking is a separate page in FF.

>has a libreboot laptop
>installs the FF botnet

Pfffhahahahaha!

Not the guy you're talking to but you sound like a fucking imbecile.

Any alternatives then?

The fuck is this?

so is this the last nail into firefox coffin before it dies off completely?