It's upgrade days, boys

It's upgrade days, boys.

What's the difference?

whats up with rampant apple shilling recently?

The one on the right has no desktop background

100mhz faster processor, slightly brighter screen and 1 inch bigger screen. Oh yeah and its 1000 dollars more

>fukhueg trackpad
>lolkeyboard travel
everything else is pretty much the same, maybe the new one is 0.1% faster, but if you were after performance you wouldnt be buying macbook anyway in the first place

one on right is more solid imo
t. 2014 owner

I really like the new keyboard. It's a lot more flat so just gliding over the laptop makes it easier to type. I'm getting 125WPM over my typical 110-115WPM on my old MBP. It's a 2013, so it still uses the plunge trackpad. Which has also been totally solid but I'm a fucking primal retard that spilled a wee bit of soda on it and now it's a mushy shithole. Happy to move to the new force pad.

jesus even thinking about that keyboard makes me feel disgusted.

Only people Ive seen that defend that abomination of a keyboard are the owners of it.

god damn... that left one looks even more amazing than the one on the right. I used the one on the right... was fucking nice. now I'm stuck on a piece of shit thinkpad until Sept.

The most recent is 100mhz faster but throttle +1000mhz more

Maybe that means the people who shit on it actually have no idea what the fuck they're talking about?

Don't knock it 'till you try it. It's really solid.

Upgrade day was yesterday son. You are using Fedora, right user?

>one on right is more solid imo
It isn't. New one feels like a solid block of aluminum. It has zero flex anywhere and you can't even see the seams.

it's for a special kind of fag

>128gb
That is not enough space, plus you don't have any USB slots.

It's 256, and I have two thunderbolt/USB-C ports. Try again my lad :^)

teach me how to use Fedora, user

which apps?

>tfw typing this on a 2010 mbp
still going strong, put an ssd in it and upped the ram and it feels like new

have fun with your tablet keyboard

>tfw wouldn't actually mind upgrading but it still just werks after 7 (seven) years

>256gb same price as the touchbar
>not buying the touchbar instead
lol you're either stupid or lying.

ditto, want to upgrade but also can't justify it for the marginal gains for what I use it for

Touchbar starts at $1800 you fucking mongoloid. If you're gonna throw hot opinions around at least do basic research beforehand.

You have autism my man

What do you use it for?

Surfing, web dev, films etc. I built a PC for anything intensive.

What I would like to do is buy a brand new 15" mbp and replace the laptop and the pc

Congrats on letting tech enthusiasts know you're retarded. Normies may be impressed with your iFaggot toy, but true tech enthusiasts will know you're a dipshit. So enjoy the awful feeling of knowing that little smirk you get from a tech enthusiast as they ask you questions about tech shit you can't answer is because they know you're an idiot.

Thanks for the new pasta my man

>recently
Apple is one of the only "real" companies I can see actually bothering to shill on Sup Forums
They have such a relatively small market share and are very interested in the younger hipster meme-driven types of users that become billboards on those all-important campuses and cafes (that's Starbucks for you Americans)

Things aren't going their way.

>are the owners of it.
are you retarded?

I just got my laptop today, too.
Upgrading from a 6 year old Sager to a Dell XPS 9560

how's your batter user? I'm still using a 2012 macbook pro 13 and after putting an SSD inside and adding more ram I really don't see why people upgrade these every year

>Upgrade
>No touch bar

Why even bother

I have tried it. I teach programming and one of the kids has a brand new MacBook pro, like 15 inch fully loaded. Pisses me off, he doesn't need that shit. All he does is watch YouTube and programming in fucking java(not by my choice, what his parents want). Anyways, the keyboard makes me want to kill myself.

So why you didn't post picture of your new Thinkpad?

I guess the newer one is the left one, because of the giant touchpad.

Beacuse the touch bar is absolute shit. Lags like hell. Completely unacceptable for a $2,500 device if you ask me.

I wonder when Mac is going to pay a license to use Wacom tablet technology in its touchpad.

>wacom

Never. They're using their own tech in the iPad. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought that tech over to the MBP line sometime in the future for Apple Pencil support.

I literally cannot decide between this and the x1 carbon.
X1 carbon has better keyboard and durability but it's a "riskier" buy in my opinion because I don't expect any support from lenovo and 0 resale value outside the US.
they are basically the same price for what I'm buying except the mbp is $100 more.

Look at the combination of the scenery, interior, and the laptop. And the photo filter as well. So chill and comfy. Apple is so comfy. I just want to live alone amd be comfy forever.

>if you ask me
I don't recall asking you.

not an apple user, which one is the new one?

no fans

the one on the right won't be bricked by the next update :^)

...0 resell value? They're not mac-tier, but X1s in good condition fetch upwards of 500$ depending on what gen it is.

why are you angry about other people's choices and decisions?
I would die for a laptop like that when I was a kid. we didn't even have laptops that didn't weigh 25lbs.

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS", "You're just oo poor to afford it and are jealous")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

I got some friends and senpai coming over tonight, mind if I use you to project some films?

Will you fuck your "friends" in the ass, macfag?

Do you do 4K?

Sorry, I don't confuse inanimate objects with people. Life with that condition must be though!

HDR?

Did you make the appointment at your genius bar yet? There are lots of things to talk over, most of them concerning your stretched asshole.

Chromecast or Airplay support?

i get it, you won
Enjoy your glued piece of overpriced hardware

Thanks

But but, user can you output video to your TV without buying an extra adapter?

Only an autistic Indian could think this is funny or witty. Enjoy your Windloos 10, Rajeesh.

>overpriced hardware
>for a hardware+software package

Sure thing, retard. Don't stray too far from the GPU shitfling threads next time.

I can assure you the number of people with an x1 carbon in my country is not higher than 12. So it's not that it has 0 resale value, it's just that no one will buy it.

Sure, I have a TB3 to HDMI cable in my desk drawer.

For example one of this cables on amazon:
"Works with USB-C port computers with DP Alt mode such as (2017 MacBook Pro and 2017 iMac does not compatible)2016 MacBook Pro, 2015 MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Dell XPS 15, XPS 13-9350-R1609 13.3", Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, etc."

That is so funny, only one year apart model and the cable doesn't work.

Apple's done some whacky shit with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3. And it's all software. They've purposely disabled some Thunderbolt 2 compatibility that works just fine under Bootcamp.

I don't actually use ports other than charging my laptop, so it's not a huge concern for me. But I totally get anyone trying to reason that Apple fucked up with the port situation.

are mac owners actually oblivious to intel generations? because it doesn't even tell you what generation it is on their site.

That's the whole point of owning an Apple product, you idiot. But the latest gen laptops are using Kaby Lake.

Summer.

Currently own the MacBook you just got OP, Well the 2016 base model, and you likely got the 2017.

It's alright. Even though the display is 2560x1600 it scales down to 1400x900 and I don't think that's enough space, especially when MacOS dictates that certain applications have minimum width resolutions, so you can't really make them that small.

On top of that, if you scale it to a higher resolution like 1650x1080, everything is so small you have to squint on the screen.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the 15 inch, but I don't want a toucher and I don't want to get one of the 2015 models because I actually like the keyboard.

Oh well, the size of the device is perfect though, perfectly sits on my lap and is great. Enjoy OP.

>recently
they were pretty silent for 2 to 3 months, but before that there were hourly shilling threads for macbook pro.

the high resolution display is useless. osx can barely scale correctly and its still just fuzzy enough to hurt the eyes.

and then if you use any virtual machines or RDP into anything its even more useless because the scaling is even worse to the point where its impossible to look at without incurring severe eye strain

Nice blog mactoddler.

Look at this fucking faggot shit, running VMs of different versions of OS X and fucking replying to himself as if he is a different person.
Look at filenames - taken 9 minutes apart. MBP 2013 or MBA didn't have a Core 2 Duo nor did it have an Nvidia 320M, but oddly enough both of these machines do.
Fucking faggot shill, I hope you get hit by a truck for being a stupid fucking idiot. Fuck stupid people like you. Fucking faggot idiots.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>better keyboard
>fuckhuge trackpad, which no longer clicks
>everything else is a big step down
that's about it.

Using it is much better than it looks. It's actually one of the very few things Apple got right on the new macbooks

I'm thinking of switching to the macOS/iOS ecosystem.
Should I get a normal MacBook or a MacBook Pro?

You should explain to your parents first, they deserve to know after having raised you for 30 years.

are you retarded or something?
>13-INCH, Late 2010
>13-INCH, mid 2010

They both say 2010

Not telling

I thought part of the point of getting a macbook was not replacing it for a while since the build quality is generally bretty gud?

Apple defense force muh muhn.

>DDG/Startpage
>Everything on value/price
>3 different adblocking addons in Waterfox
>Windows 8.1 embedded
>RSS feeds
>Stallman memes
>That hair

It's like I am looking at a mirror

>still no screen shot
Enjoying that 128gb OP?

who would ever use win8?

X1 is cheaper with Corporate Perks discount, but the WQHD display isn't available anymore at the time being.nim in the same spot. MBP's screen is a lot better, but the lack of ports and key travel worry me. If the MBP had the old keyboard, it'd be an easy decision for me.

>connect MBP to computer USB-C to USB-C to charge
>MBP takes over GPU
>now can't run games when MBP is charging
How the fuck can I stop this? I have an ASUS Strix z270 Motherboard.

Do you realize thats a pic of Richard "lethal force for open source" Stallman??????

AIDF

>macs are expensive for that slick ribbed and ready hardware software package
Niceu Damage control Mong-sempai

also
>paying for proprietary fisher-price software in 2017

on the left, no matter what you do, if you close the lid, the device will power down

on the right, no matter what you do, if you close the lid, the device will power down

that's some upgrade, skippy

The fact that you even ask this implies you're new as fuck and think Richard Stallman is some secret. What's your point? You wrote some autistic shit under a picture of him, and? I wish some supervirus was made that spread through fecal matter that dries up and becomes airborne, wipe out you filthy pajeets in a single weekend.

They are equally shitty but one is more expensive

I'm trying to get OSx86 on my machine, can I have your copy of OS X?

4K HEVC 10-bit decoding.