Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfirQC99xPc
powerwalker.com/index.php?lang=en&page=product&item=10120307
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
youtube.com/watch?v=hjjoGtXV6pY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best all in one Dev environment for Linux?

why is Sup Forums filled with pedos

Seriously what's wrong with communism?

limits the human's freedom = no inoovation or progress
Say what you want about open market, but it innovates at least

all of Sup Forums seems to be unfortunatly

What are Git repositories usually used for?
Are they general areas for related projects? So for instance would you have a rep for C projects, Java projects etc?

>People are self centred by nature
>They work primarily for themselves to be happy
>Suddenly take all their possessions away and "lend them back"
>Tell them their job is not rewarding them directly but is for the good of the state
People don't work for nothing. They need some incentive themselves to do things. They won't work 100% for someone or something else. Communism is flawed fundamentally.

One repository holds one project.

needs post-scarcity civilization

people are flawed fundementally if communism can't work

emacs.

could i use my old acer771 as a second monitor

People are flawed, but that doesn't mean they're flawed because communism doesn't work.
People define the system, not the other way around. We can't change ourselves or our mindsets so why force ourselves to follow a system that is contradictory to our natural state?

what is meant by an 'unread tab'? thanks

What would be the difference between the name of a repository and project?
What would a repository be named?

Reposting because pls respond.

How many possible reasons can be for this happening?
Google is giving me a metric ton of different possible causes for this, but I do have a very high suspicion that it's my GPU dying. Could that be causing it?

They're pretty much the same thing. You'd name the repository the same.

If I don't plan on working in any computer relates job, why should I learn to program, what are the benefits? [spoiler]should I install gentoo?

hdtune to check disk is fine is always first

>If I don't plan on working in any computer relates job, why should I learn to program, what are the benefits?
possible automation of tasks

>should I install gentoo?
no, thats a meme

What's the standard approach to C++ programming in terms of structure?
Does every class have its own file? If so how are they imported into the main file? Through #include?

someone answer me i'm not fucking around

easily no, you cant
theres no input for you to use

only if you are DIY type and buy some $30 electrical stuff... lcd controller, inverter,...

this is great video showing how to do it
youtube.com/watch?v=CfirQC99xPc

You'll need to learn header files. C++ inherits C's dated linkage model.

How do I remove a GPU from the mother without breaking anything? I already took off the clips but it still feels like i'm forcing it out.

gpu means graphic card in pcie express?

Nah, it's a regular PCI-E

lold

thank you a lot

I usually turn off my power strip after I shut off my computer. When I turn it on and then turn on my computer, it boots up really fast. However, when I have the strip on for a long time and then turn on my computer, it takes way longer to boot from Bios to Windows. Any reason for this? It isn't a serious issue but I'm just wondering what causes it. It can't be the strip because it's done this with multiple kinds and the one I use now is heavy duty and brand new.

Is there a general thread for computer problems?
If there is, i can't see it.

If not, I can't get this old computer to power up.
When i hit the power, the power LED lights up and then immediately turns off, followed by a slight crackle (not a beep) from the mobo speaker. The fans do not start up. It's on 110, not 220.
The computer will then refuse to turn on again for a while, i haven't timed how long but no more than a couple minutes.
The LED on the mobo suggests that it does have power and is at least working enough to light it.

I tried cleaning the whole thing, checking all of the connectors, reseating the ram, disconnecting hard drives and disk drives and a bunch of random shit i found on google that did absolutely nothing. Nobody seems to quite have this exact problem. I do not have carpet, so i doubt static fried anything.

psu ded

I thought that might be the case, either that or the mobo. Unfortunately i don't have a replacement of the sort i need.

An unknown device keeps popping up.
As in, constant usb in and usb out sounds. I only have the mouse and keyboard plugged in and i haven't installed anything.
What could be causing this? It started off randomly.
I had to disable the usb in sound because it was too annoying

Device manager>Unknown device>Disable

I had a similar problem with a 775 mobo with the same symptoms. I discovered the 4-pin square power connector near the cpu was in backwards. Thankfully it didnt damage anything...

1. remove screw(s) from expansion bay bracket (silver metal part that is visible outside of the case)
2. hold open retention clip from the back of the pci-e slot, if any
3. pull card directly up, relative to the top face of the motherboard. do not let it skew much. if it skews, or is taking more force than it did to insert the card, push it back in, then try again

This could be your problem.
You plugged an ATX cable in the CPU power slot.
Your PSU is dead.

My phone's wifi and bluetooth keeps disabling itself. Whenever I try to turn on, it will immediately turn itself back off. I've rebooted, factory reset, tried FXR WiFi fix and restore, and turned off scanning locations in settings. I'm at my wits end here and I have no money to buy a replacement phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Android 5.1

So I put down for some Sennheiser HD 800 S headphones, got them in. Currently just messing around with them, but the right speaker on the headphones is not playing audio, the connector seems fine. Am I right to assume that the onboard soundcard with my mobo / phone are simply not powerful enough to drive these?

Did you reflashed your phone and rooted it in a shady way?

Nothing on paper.
Different story in Soviet Russia.

anyone?

I've rooted my phone using KingRoot about 5-7 months ago, but never had a problem like this (or at all) until last yesterday.

>kingroot
kingroot is malware and you infected your self.
Youll need to do a proper root to have any hopes of having a working phone

Is it legal to use Happy Bay in the United States?

Yes, even if you're not a professional, it's still a great skill to have. Making a website for your business, home media servers, etc. Also, learning how stuff works will also let you make better tech related consumer decisions. On top of all of that, it's a fun thing to do and is a great logic / problem solving exercise if you're preoccupied with activities which you engage with in another way.

how do I do a proper root?

do i remove kingroot and replace it with something else? sorry for having so many questions, but the phone I have is chinky and didn't play well with rooting anyway other than kingroot.

>remove kingroot
Not that easy lol.It stays on after being "uninstalled".You will also lose root when you uninstall it.

Go to xda
Find your phone thread
Root it using proper methods(adb)

I took my hard drive from my old pc and im using it for my new pc but I keep getting a bluescreen is this the reason

Do crypto infections delete internet history?
Trying to track down where/how a client got one, and their IE history is totally wiped and I can't find any signs of it.

my phone isn't on xda, but I guess i can search by processor. Thanks for the help. Do you think that i can remove kingroot after I reroot it?

If you're using windows,thats expected.You dont have drivers for your new machine and you need to revalidate windows

is this a UPS?

powerwalker.com/index.php?lang=en&page=product&item=10120307

how do i choose which UPS to buy? is higher VA always better?

>3000VA / 2400W
Why do you think you needa 2400W ups kek

How would I revalidate windows?

fuck if i know, no one seems to be able to explain anything about UPS. 600VA is enough to run a pc for 10-15 minutes according to some guy on tomhardware?

it doesn't cost more than a 600VA UPS but as far as i can tell it's not even a UPS it's an AVR even though it was listed in the UPS section of the price comparison site

In your case you;re going to have to reinstall it

How do I start developing on C using Windows?
I haven't searched too much but only found something on a gnu site, lots of packages and shit, doesn't Microsoft give support for it?

A 400W PC maybe.
Try getting a 850VA one so you can connect your modem and router too.
Dont cheap out in them, shitty ones can damage your PC instead saving it.

I don't have the disk and when I try to get an ISO for usb I can't it says that I need to contact my manufactor for it

>I can't it says that I need to contact my manufactor for it
The fuck are you doing.

ok but what if i want to run a pc at idle or a light load for 1-2 hours? can't they just stick a laptop battery in it?

I got a laptop without a hdd
what can I do with it

Define Light load, idle?
Is a GPU involved?
A good UPS can be on for 40-60 minutes under moderate load and 2 hours under idle.

A)Grab a USB, put linux on it, use your Laptop with Linux.
B)Buy a $40 SSD.

What's the best booru app for android?

actually i need more question because i'm a dumb newbie with no money. in the video you sent me the guy uses a laptop screen which is LCD...i'm guessing things would have to be made differently because mine is a CRT monitor.could i still follow the vid even tho it's a CRT? >.

>The fuck are you doing.
top lel
Try this website
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
and what does this app do?

i'm planning on getting a new computer without a discrete gpu so i'm guessing the load will be 100-175W including the monitor at minimum brightness

Just download the ISO from any place, and use Rufus to make your USB bootable with it.
Do you know how use magnets? give me a second and i will give you a download link for the Windows 7 ISO, unless you need another one.

I wanna make a hackintosh out of an old machine I have laying around. I've gone through several guides on how to do it but the issue is the machine is older so it will only boot from legacy boot sources and it can only use MBR formatted drives to boot from. I've successfully managed to get it to boot into Clover EFI but when I boot OS X I get an Apple logo and then it crashes, no matter how I set it up. I've installed the FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts but they don't seem to make a difference. The hardware should be compatible, it's got a Core i5 and Intel graphics. Any advice?

Trying to dual boot Windows and Arch (Antergos) but for some reason the install according to the documentation doesn't put grub onto my /boot/efi partition (it's in /dev/sdb2) like it's supposed to. It keeps grub on my USB stick for whatever reason and when I try to reboot without the stick it gives me a "no boot disk found" screen.

Is there a way to manually install grub onto my boot drive specifically without wiping everything?

I tried installing grub from the Antergos preview mode but it seems hidden partitions can't be accessed by the default account.

>inb4 botnet
>inb4 install gentoo
>inb4 autist

Magnets are for torrents
Alternative: microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Its for windows 10 and doesnt need a key

Just download and install it, activate it later or not at all

If I connect an old windows 7 system hdd to a new windows 10 machine, I know I should be able to access the files stored on it, but will I be able to run any installed programs from the win7 drive?

I have two images from a dying Windows hard drive on my computer for the boot and data partitions. How do I format a new hard drive that can boot Windows from Linux

Done, it didn't show any damaged sectors.
What else?

Thats were I went and I got this
The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

*more answers
fuck

oh, then just use the windows 10 one for easyness sake

I dont think that youre highly skilled in digging around archives to find your specefic disk that most likely wont even work on a new pc

>175W
For a build with no GPU that is high, mine without a GPU uses 130w under full load tops.
It should be less.

My Cyberpower 1350VA lasts 90 minutes under idle with a simple I5.

Download The Windows 7 Ultimate ISO and pirate it.
You probably have a OEM key which you cant reuse easy.

Here:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2534ecaab70e970ffb8a678ba5ae39e8fb945a72&dn=X17-59465.iso&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.zer0day.to:1337&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337

Also use Rufus to make your USB bootable.

>For a build with no GPU that is high, mine without a GPU uses 130w under full load tops.
>It should be less.
>My Cyberpower 1350VA lasts 90 minutes under idle with a simple I5.
ok, thanks user

Will windows 10 fuck anything up?

my headphones are fucked and the left side is quieter than it should be
is there a sound option that balances this by making the left side louder? i messed with my sound options but all i found was stuff like pitch shifting and equalizer settings

Neh, its stable and fine nowadays
Just download something like spybot anti beacon for the privacy issues

So I install windows 10 on my hard drive using my old machine and then put it into my new machine and there won't be any conflicting drivers

why the FUCK wouldnt you put in your new machine and install it from there?
SERIOUSLY

because I can't use my new machine it blue screens from the conflicting drivers of my old machine

is it AYY-SUS or AY-SEUSS?

It's ASS-US

You should research in how a computer actually works

the idea is: that you put in your ''install media'' (usb drive with windows) and install it from the usb drive to the hard drive on your new machine

Then it will automaticly pick the drivers and will install everything correctly

Thats what we call a fresh install, you wipe all the old stuff and start fresh with windows getting stuff ready for you

get it?

what can i do to have emojis in my terminal ? not the graphic one. i want the unicode wone
thx

youtube.com/watch?v=hjjoGtXV6pY

could anyone help me convert a sketchup 2017 file into a .3dm for rhino, or .dwx, also for rhino? even after saving it as version 8, and 7, the file will not open up in rhino. don't know what to do, thanks in advance. it's a 1gb file

ok starting to understand now excuse my autism so wouldn't it be better to get windows 7 instead of 10 then

Filename related

it really doesnt matter
Just for go for windows 10 for easyness sake

ok thanks

I cant use bitbean faucet at

faucet.bitbean.org

It says "proxy connection not accepted" but im not even using a proxy.

I even tried using Hola to make it look like im browsing in another country but t didn't work

What do I do?