Mouse thread

What mouse are you using right now, Sup Forums?
Would you recommend it?

MX518 was discontinued.

g203 because the g400s was too big for my fagboi hands

yeah i guess

g9x masterrace

lmao... g400 is fucking perfect shape.
are you under 18?

G403 on sale. Good mouse.

Rival 100? It works pretty well in Linux too. I don't game though, I have it for the shape and variable DPI.

Went from G402 to G900 recently since I didnt really enjoy the shape. I also wanted to go wireless since I got a decent deal.

I would recommend it if you can find it for something more reasonable than the MSRP. Can't find a fault in this mouse.

G602 for general use and G900 for Gaming

teleports behind you

25 but i'm smol

I got this mouse yesterday... and I like it.
One thing I haven't figured out is how to install a second set of buttons on the left side. They come in a small plastic case but I can't find any info online on how to disassemble the mouse and install buttons.
Anyone know how???

hey plebs

>trackball
that has to be the fucking worst input device. even trackpads are vastly superior.

Are you retarded?

not even. trackballs don't even require you to move you hand. trackpads make you move you hands in weird ways. and are not as precise.

inb4 the hate train.

Razer Naga Hex.

> every side button is mechanical
> every button cap is separate

It is divine.

Granted their software might as well be GeForce Experience or CCC for how complete shit it is.

apparently. I don't see any screws. how do I install buttons on the right side?

Still using a MX518, there is no replacement at the same pricerange.

Picked up two for $25 a piece, but my remaining one has a broken scrollwheel.

Please help me find a replacement.

>No F keys
> No numpad

>>No F keys
are you blind?
>> No numpad
no one uses a numpad

And how much did you pay for that rip-off gaymer mouse?

MAGNETS

>Would you recommend it?
Depends on your hand size. I have no problems with it and find it comfortable. passed all my tests. Nice build quality. I like it.
Sniper button I use as a macro key. Goes nice with the MM800.

aome several years old version of pic related

its great until the buttons begin to wear ..now it sucks.. have to try many times when copying for pasting highlighting things causes me to fuck up often.. also when my skin is dried out I have zero grip on the ball and and constantly licking my fingertips to be able to move the ball but I can go across the room and operate using the 43" 4k tv as a monitor so I;d probably get another one when the buttons have worn out too much more.

Going to ignore OP and just talk about the state of mice right now as a gaymen pro CS and Quake no-lifer. Previously there were very few mice with god tier sensors. Very recently marketing figured out people care about the sensor and know them by name so now you have 100 PMW 3360 and 3366 mice. There are even acceptable for every situation short of when there is money on the line wireless mice in the g403 and g900.
So the single most important thing is the shell at this point, assuming the mouse is also one of those 100 with a good sensor. Personally the shape of the death adder feels best to me after trying like 30 mice.
I suggest you just get a few hundred and order a pile of mice then return all but the most comfy one.
If you're a non-gayman person MX Master or Triathlon m720 is best in slot. Trackballs too i guess.

holy shit, just managed to pull the no-buttons plate. thanks user. was afraid to break something. shit like that should be in the manual somewhere.

I use a numpad all the time fuckstick
I also have shitloads of desk space so I don't need a meme keyboard that has no keys on it

>don't need to move the mouse
>can be used on any surface
they're especially nice with laptops

After couple hours thumb gets tired, meh.

G-pro and yea I would recommend

Anyone has an m65? if so how is it?

thumblet

i'm sorry thumblet.

That's actually a compliment, thanks.

Still using the MX518

G502. If it ever goes out of production, I'm going out and buying 10.

>Still using the MX518
what are u gonna use once the buttons die?
mine's so dirty and worn out, I feel disgusted using it.

I'm actually using that exact mouse. It's running on like 8 years old at this point and still works. The middle scroll is not functional at the moment. I probably just need to open it up and clean it again.

Zowie ZA1 I wouldnt recommend it. there are cheaper mice around that work just as well

Same
Super comfy

Currently using the G400s and it has the worst scroll wheel ever, also the DPI buttons suck the back button feels soft and mushy compared to the forward button.

It also doesn't have onboard memory so it's always stuck on a lower DPI until Logitech's shit driver program fully loads.

I still have my G9 and G9x in storage and would use them again once I'm out of uni and have time/money to play FPS's.

I got a G502 as it was supposed to be the successor to the G9 and... it's not. Don't get me wrong, it's a great mouse and I love it. Love that changing the scroll wheel clicky/freescroll is on top, but it's no G9/x.

I wish I had gotten the Logitech MX Master instead. I just need something ergonomical and comfortable at this point.

Roccat savvu after my 2013 deathadder suddenly died. Its fucking epic

Goygitech g102. Yeah I would, it's GPro but 20 USD like 50 USD cheaper

>numpad
Waste of space.

Logitech G Pro. Equipped with a PMW3366 sensor.

Perfect size, perfect weight, and perfect shape.
Yes, I recommend this mouse. Got it for $40

>m570
Just checked this and I actually bought it five years ago... I guess I can't complain and the new ones are now just about half of what I paid five years ago.. probably grab a new one

SteelSeries Rival 700

3360 sensor, vibrates when the round starts in CSGO. That's all, folks.

Perfect for scrawny fucks like you.

Death Adder 2013 has served me well for these past years only problem is the scroll wheel basically died.

$40 is an acceptable price to buy that. Problem is, it retails for $70, the 102/203 is the same exact thing and costs $20. Majority of people won't notice the difference in sensors, and most that say they do are playing out 'the king with the invisible clothes'.

The only acceptable mouse

Rival 300. Pretty gud

MX Master race.

G502, it's good after you desleeve it.
The newer model doesn't have this ugly blue accent.

In the last year or so I've gone from a G500 to a Zowie EC1A and I just bought a Logitech G Pro.
Just now trying out the pro, much smaller than I thought it would be but I'll give it time

Literally nothing has ever come close to replacing my original G5, the GOAT mouse

5188-2466 HP WHEEL MOUSE Optical

Found it in a secondhand shop for like 2 dollars, uses ps/2 connection. Using it on my gaming desktop.

Same, good mouse

They also use different switches for the left and right buttons.

Logitech G9x. Had it since February 2011 and love it, although the scroll wheel isn't as responsive as it should be. Wish they weren't so expensive brand new these days, as they aren't made any longer, or I'd buy another one. There's no damn way I'm buying a used mouse with someone else's jizz and filth on/in it.

I had a G5 before buying and god damn, was it a good mouse. They really should have kept making them. Unfortunately, it also developed scroll wheel issues.

>ITT Logishit shilling general

Currently using the Zowie FK1, switched from the Logitech G400s because I really just wanted to try something different. The Zowie is much lighter but I would recommend both for build quality desu

pic related is in the mail, logishit can suck it

>Ctrl+F
>no g700s
it's the goat

Cooler Master Sentinel 3, highly recommend if Logitech mouse kills your pinky.

Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

I want a new one though, something the same size and higher DPI.

The G502 is garbage, got it for $40 and will be returning it soon.

I'll probably get one of these, I am returning my G502. Way too many fucking useless buttons and the light of obnoxious.

MX510:

12 years old

Take your pick. So many mice copy that design. My choice would be the Zowie EC2-A.

I wish they would make it with the G900 guts. The battery life sucks.

>Would you recommend it?
For those with simple needs or as a backup, sure. I like it and I find it comfortable to use.

i've had this bad boy for so long that i'd forgotten what it was called. all the writing has worn off and the wheel is completely smooth where as in pic related it appears that it once had grooves. it only just gave out on me today (left click) after about 7 years, not bad considering my father gave it to me way back in HS. I'm now looking to get a new mouse but they all have twenty million fucking bells and whistles on them whereas i just want something simple. I'll probably just get another one of these. It's served me well for games and browsing. Would recommend considering they now go for under $20.

Whats the second mouse?

Some custom skin Deathadder

Logitech B100. It's okay if you literally have no demands for a $5 OEM mouse shipped with an office PC.

Am using MX518 but has been discontinued now, have not looked into current equivalents.

Loved previous MX310(also discontinued) and bought a couple off Ebay for some additional PCs I own.

Hate anything without wire because latency, batteries and a house full of connectors.

Not trying to shill here but my experience with Logitech has been great, no breakages, only had to replace mouse skates.

I miss the corded version :(

Steelseries Rival

No, no I wouldn't. Fuck this mouse. I want something new, if I ever find a cheap g403 I will, otherwise g502

I love my Planck because I can fit into my shed more easier.

M-BJ58

It's worked fine for 13 years.

G400

Should have bought 2 when they were still in production.
Value deal.

6/5

MX518 was a hell of a mouse. It had angle snapping but I seriously didn't really have that many issues with that.

I still have it and it's still working, but I would require a new case.

So to replace it I decided to go for SS Rival (the first ones on the market). I liked the shape and all and having a few options here and there, but that's about it. It registers middle buttons clicks up to 4 times accidentally, the rubber grips came off after just one year, the mouse freaks out in some surfaces / when you lift it just a little bit more than usual and saving acceleration options seems pointless when you still have to change that in different software. The lights are also pointless as most of the time you will cover the mouse anyways with your hand. And flashing any firmwares is a pain in the ass that involves killing a process and restarting windows while shit is blinking for success.

My next mouse, whether it's Logitech, Zowie or whatever, it won't be Steelseries, that's for damn sure.

G900.
Only if you have money to burn on nice things, or are left handed.

I have that but the sensor kind of sucks. Also the buttons have started to occasionally die on me after 2 years.

G700s. It is pretty good, the battery last a couple of days, but recharging will kill the battery in it after a year or two. It uses a regular AA battery so it is easily and cheaply replaced.

Also Logitech replaced my old g700 a couple of years ago, when the scroll wheel slowed down at 0 cost, Which I might do again.

shit really
how does the none raw sensei compare?

G502 best mouse I've ever owned.

I have a zowie am pro, and the middle mouse, left click and back buttons are starting to double click and my auto hot key script is only so good with this.. I'll buy a new one soon but do I really want to go with zowie again after this bullshit happening within 2 years? Should I just bite the bullet and shell out for a g pro (or g403)... Sensor is the main thing for me but I do love the feel of my zowie.

I should also add, not having to install drivers was great too. I wish zowie am didn't have apparently such shitty build quality.

not the same guy but at this point the nixeus revel and dream machines dm1 pro s are the two best options with a similar shape to the sensei.

for logitech you won't have to worry about drivers too much, only the gaming software if you plan to customize the rgb and dpi settings. if you like the feel of either the g pro or g403, go for it cause you really can't go wrong with these two, however they both have pretty taught braided wires, so consider a mouse bungee if you want either. alternatively for the g pro, you can grab the cheaper g102/g203 and have the same performance with a better wire.

both of them got the same sensor, and I'm no expert but from I what I hear it's pretty much as good as it gets. But the DM1 is more than twice the cost of either the nixeus and the sensei, the nixeus' wire isn't threaded and that will trigger the living shit and piss out of me, and neither of them are 100% ambidextrous and symmetrical.
I mean they're great mice and all... for the right user.

3360 is the best, or at least the advantages of other sensors are marginal to the point where performance differences are unrecognizable. if you do want to pick up a new mouse you should try to find one with a 3360 or variant of it. good luck finding something for you

>have
MX Master 2S

>suggest
G502 for gaymers, original MX Master for anyone else unless you want to use Flow.

>buy G400
>cable breaks
>contact logitech
>get a free replacement
>it's a G400S
>buttons are hair triggers, feel shit
>throw it in a drawer
>buy G502
>massive piece of shit, send it back
>buy ebay G400 cable and fix myself
>2 years pass
>G400 starts to shit the bed again
>thumb buttons stop working
>contact logitech and ask to buy parts
>they tell me to get fucked
>G400 and G400S both discontinued now
>cry
>open my shit up
>turns out it's just the wire going from the thumb buttons is loose
>plug it back in fully, surround with tape and blutac so it never happens again
>5+ years of ownership, no intention of replacing it ever

I'm so fucking mad they stopped making these, they are selling on eBay now for like 5x what they originally cost.

basically what said. or get the ec1-a if you want the exact size of the ie 3.0

I'm using a g500 that I've owned for about 5 years with no problems. I would recommend it but its pretty much the only decent mouse I've owned, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.