Tech Hate Thread

What was a piece of technology (or several) that you absolutely fucking hated?

Windows. Seriously. I work with Windows problems every day, and it's sucking out my soul.

Sup Forums
because I can't leave while it exists
Every night I close my eyes and dream of the end of days, the day of the rope at which all of us will be free
Sure, altchans like 8 will sprout to replace it but deep down I will know its not the same, not genuine, not important.
I will be truly free.

the scanner I use at work

You need to give a little bit more detail then that.

Kingston usb flash drives. I've had like 5 in the past two years, and they all stopped working with moderate use. They're shitty and they're everywhere. Can anyone recommend a company whos flash drives don't bottom out for no apparent reason?

Samsung

Odd, I've had the exact opposite experience, still have a working 32mb Kingston from back in the day.
Have you tried SanDisk?

jesus christ user go outside and get laid.

They were probably made better back then, today I swear they make them to be disposable. I used to have Sandisk a couple years, now that was a reliable flash drive.

I've had a 32 gb SanDisk flash drive that's been with me since 2011, still kicking

Any Apple product, they fucking suck ass and I love tech rax for destroying them

My 32gb Kingston hasn't given me any trouble either. I guess either my drive luck is good, or your drive luck is bad.

take my energy
a week ago i got so angry i fucking deleted my windows 10 VM and made a new Win7 VM.

MicroSD cards. These little shits always fail at the worst times. I don't by the cheapo ones either.

This
Any IT Tech task takes 3x as longer to do on Apple then it does on a PC.

Also printers. Fuck them. Fuck them to death.

>can't use the most simple computers

You're a brainlet who needs to get fired.

Not use. Fix

Install an app in Windows, done.
FOr mac you have to download the app, walk the user over to the downloads folder, have them open it. It'll fail. Have them do a key combo to have the finder force open it. User is too stupid to hold down keys. Walk the user over to the preferences and allow foreign apps. Open it. FInally remote in but still can't see shit because macOS is a piece of shit.

God help you if you have a piece of hardware fail.

Also here's your (you)

-ide cables (data)
-optical media, all of them

Any desktop linux distro. Developers just can't make comfy UI/UX working out of box.
l hate gimp cause it unhandy af. And nobody of "gnu/free/open/cuck" developers make open source version of Photoshop, nobody even try.
Also chromium decoration and tabs problem, open this link with x... instead of naming default program, thumbnails in file browser problem and more, more, more

Just hate it. Bunch of people can't make it good for years. Maybe cause the won't do it for free? :^)

XBOX and PS consoles, they ruined vidya by allowing swarms of mindless children and females to play, moving focus from appealing hardcore vidya players to appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Wii is alright, it's a niche.

Having several Kingstons, this post makes me nervous.

Any Apple product also. I do respect that they have a somewhat OK OS (better than windows because UNIX kernel), but having to pay double the price for a computer that does half the stuff (and has crappy hardware on top of that) is daylight robbery.

HP printers (and a few others) because of crappy print cartridge recognition systems. I've had numerous experiences where their printers refused to recognize original cartridges.

Any printer that cannot print a black and white page when the COLOR cartridge is empty.

Microsoft software in a company setting: Apart from their standard botnetting, their professional products are a perpetual licensing nightmare... if anyone here has expereinced a license audit from M$, you know what i'm talking about.

linux on the desktop because nothing works

>I literally can't install an application on a Mac

Again, you need to be fired. Quickly.

My nigguh

>Any desktop linux distro. Developers just can't make comfy UI/UX working out of box.

All that I would ever want is any combo of OS and UI/UX that actually tells the user what is going on, instead of either being too cryptic or too simple.

In Linux, many errors are too hard to understand for most people, and on OS X and in WIndows, the errors usually don't tell you enough to actually come up with a quick fix.

also fuck error hex codes on any OS. I know a computer needs an error identifier, but in fucking 2017 I don't have to search for error 0x800c1070 because the OS itself cannot tell me what is going on immediately.

We should really get a bunch of UI/UX guys to look over Linux as a whole and make it a bit more approchable to beginners, while still keeping the pro stuff in aconvenient package. Once that is done, the paid OSes will never, ever, have a chance...

16:9 and 16:10 displays.

large 4:3 displays are king for readability. my 19" Dell 4:3 display is large and clear as hell. I have a 20" 1600x900 display that is just harder on my eyes 'cause everything is so much smaller. To get the vertical height of a 19" 4:3 monitor you need a 23" 16:9 display and you're still going to be short a half inch (but will be about a half inch taller if it's 16:10). even then the display is still not going to be as clear since the screen's resolution crams more vertical lines in. Probably won't get the same readability until you hit 27".

That's some bullshit.

A 21" 1600x1200 monitor offers better readability than pretty much anything short of a 32" 16:9/16:20 display.

Any printer, on a long enough timeline, will become an absolute thorn in your balls during a moment that you do not have the time to troubleshoot it.

SanDisk, Sony, Samsung.

I found Mint pretty comfy out of the box.

>Talking about speed a PC runs at
>Apple PC's are slow as shit
>YOU JUST CAN'T FUCKING USE IT
>10 iCoins (=1 Rupee) have been deposited into your account

>implying you get errors on OS X

Kys

ubuntu is as well. Easy to use, even from a live boot usb. which i did for awhile once when my hdd died

I hate self driving cars, that shit is stupid as fuck.

Samsung has never let me down.

get some pussy nigga

Windows 95, iOS & Android.

acer laptops. they're all made of polystyrene and i had to send mine in for repair 5 times in 1 year.

He makes Apple a lot of money.

It's the users mostly for me. Users using Windows.

There should be a license requirement before people are allowed to use a computer.

you talking about an RF scanner?

I fucking hate the widescreen meme.

Whats so bad about it?

I hate Linux and everything related to it.

LG G3

Biggest piece of fucking shit that I have ever used. Glitchy, laggy, battery was shit (Even with 6000mAh battery), and performance was terrible.

Thinkpad X220

Screen was shit, battery was shit, and touchpad was shit.

It's a designated shitting ratio that isn't useful for anything productive.

HP inkjet printers

My nig, worst experience ever with those fuckers.

I know but it's the thought of it being destroyed that counts

I did this 2 days ago as well. Feels good to have a win environment that works again.
If you're gonna botnet the shit out of your OS M$ at least make it surpass your previous releases .

I got a brother $30 laser dumb printer, connected it to my netbook running a print server, best thing ive ever done.

2000 page toner costs $15 on eBay.

I've not problem with Sup Forums, just that one mod on Sup Forums who has it out for me. Keeps banning me for trivial non rule breaking shit.

Model?

Jesus back in my old job we'd have one of those printers that always had problems. Fuck those printers.

>Most casual console ever
>niche

You are beyond retarded.

WTF. That's the phone I have no and it's great. I can get 3 days on it easily while browsing and watching videos with the extended battery.

Performance is fine, never had lag. Put Ressurection Remix on it the day I got it and I haven't had to do anything else with it.

The only thing I don't like is the potato camera.

HL-2130, its connected to Ubuntu running cups, there are drivers out there somewhere that you need to use to get it working.

This fucking piece of jewish gayming shit
>be a gullible teenager
>buy this for 60€ because of muh razer and leds
>keys feel like they were glued at the factory
>after a week the fingerprints are stuck all over the mirrored surface
>touchpanel stops working after 2 months and is causing keystrokes to get stuck and the only fix is to replug the keyboard
>have to fix this by keeping a coin (probably an offering to the Hebrew god) on the panel rendering it unusable
>finally after 5 years of torture buy a Logitech g710+ meme
>grow up and never buy anything from Razer again

>there are drivers out there somewhere that you need to use to get it working
Why the fuck is there a need for special drivers for printers when there's a standard called CUPS?

i bet you're a help desk robot.

I don't know senpai, it was my first time using it, and I could only get it to work with the drivers from the brother website.

I just checked it and its listed twice on my config, so I might have fucked up, but im not going to touch it, its been working for so long now.

Texas Instruments for shamelessly exploiting their calculator monopoly

Not only did I had to buy one for €150 for school, when I went to another school they wanted a different TI calculator for €150, it's just ridiculous

Jira and this whole agile meme

ipad mini, stuck on ios 9.3.5, no jailbreak, just wanted something to read books or vids for a clandestine fap... soo slow and laggy and ads and shit... can't install kodi or other OSS for longer than 3 months without having to re-sign..

optical media
social media
Steam for mixing social media with gaming
any kind of DRM like Steam or SafeDisc
p2p filesharing
smartphones
any website that requires an account, like exhentai
cyberkikes ruining everything with DMCAs and C&Ds

I don't actually hate a tech device at the point of unloading a gun on it, but this S3 virge card comes really, really close.
I had such high hopes for finally getting 3D acceleration i learned the hard way the meaning of "decelerator card".

At least was not the AT3D.

For a long time I used the old Arctosa, which looked basically like this without LEDs
The keys were alright in my experience, not great but they did the job for me. I did notice it started to break down after a few years though, media keys caved in and some of the keys got stiff which wasn't nice. Using a Cherry G80-3000 now with MX Blues, far nicer keyboard in every way

I've never needed more than 16gbs, maybe therein lies the problem

Printers.

All of them.

Everywhere.

Telephones, same as printers.

You're not supposed to use the touchpad, you idiot

Anything old

>Windows
Same. Windows updates in particular.

this this this.
I think there are a lot of bootlegs and thats the reason why they are so shitty.

>l hate gimp cause it unhandy af.
Isnt there a plugin that makes it 99% look and work like photoshop?
Literally no exceues

They have dodgy assembly mine was like that at arrival and I had to reassemble it completely.
Now work just fine and feels fine.

I purchased an xbox one about 3 months ago new and i pretty much hate it. The interface is slow as hell and buggy. Launching the store causes the console to freeze and lockup if you scroll to quickly. The game selection for it is abismal. It literally relies on backported titles from the 360 to have any games. Most of the games are just HD remakes of old games. Theres very few titles actually released specifically for the xbone. The oneX is coming out and as far as i know there is only one title being released that will even take advantage of the consoles new power. Forza 7. Probably just like forza 6 but with slightly better shading.

wait so you actually got xbone s when the X was already announced?

>if anyone here has expereinced a license audit from M$, you know what i'm talking about.
Second, they doubled my companies azure bills overnight this month

Yea about 3 months ago. But i didn't know about the one x.

I don't really care about that anyway because i don't have a 4k tv. It wont matter. All the games for the X will work on the S they just wont be in 4k.

Isn't that the same in Windows? It's still a fucking slow process. I don't get why people think is hard to install stuff on Linux, i mean an average user should know how to even paste something, pressing enter, pressing y and enter again.

Printers and consumer grade networking gear both consistly fuck my day up.

the X is equivalent to Pro uses the same upscaler and all,its not a generational leap it would have been nice if you actually got beefier hardware.

>TPLink
>out of nowhere drops wifi
>constantly causes IP conflict for no fucking reason
thanks china

Captcha:Curry Liverpool

Is there a single good wifi router on the market?

this
luddites a die

pointy sticks, fire and wheels

If there is I haven't encountered one.
I literally need to baby seat the bitch since there are like 5 other people using the network.

Actually i heard the Pro doesn't do true 4k. It's supposedly close but the X was the clear winner there.

Not that im trying to sound like a xbox fan boy because i really don't give a shit about either one anymore tbqh.

X is also using checkerboard rendering(upscaler),the only native 4K game is the new forza.

Touchscreen phones

Pic related should have been the standard model for smartphones, not the shitty grimey scratch magnets everyone uses today.

What used this?

I had an LG Wine for a short while. Really cool, but you still had to use the touchscreen a lot because pretty much no apps are made for use with a numpad. Fucking normies ruining everything.

the HR website at my job still uses it and breaks all the time, can't remember what used it in the past.

Nexus 5X. Maybe it's because I was doing too many things with it (running a smartwatch and a fitness band to name two) and it was designed more for basic users but I found it absolutely fucking atrocious to use. It'd just randomly pause to "think" for like 10 seconds at a time, usually when I wanted it to respond quickly such as to take a photo.

Worst piece of shit phone I've ever owned.

Also
>silverlight not loading properly in web browser
>reinstall it, still not working
>reinstall it again, works
everytime

>be broke as fuck
>need a clean install badly
>my optical drive is busted, no cd or dvd reading
>got a 4gb sd card, but that's not enough
>ok let's squeeze some money out for a 8gb kingston stick
>arrives
>put W7 on it
>boot from it, format HDD, preparing to install
>it's not working, can't do some shit with the partitions
>search for the problem, eventually find out that ALL 8gb Kingston sticks have this problem and there's no fix for it

I have a Mac. First mac I've ever had, only used ever used OSX once briefly.
Set it up with Atom, Git, Apache2, and Mysql in under an hour.
You're brain dead if you think Windows is less complicated then OSX.