Quad core i7 on 13inches laptops?

Does i7 QUAD CORE 13 inches laptops exist?

Dell XPS 13" have dual cores.
Macbook Pro 13" have dual cores.

WTF?

Can't cool laptops nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.vaio.com/vaio-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the Sony SVZ series had a high voltage quad core

Raven Ridge will fix this

Sony VAIO Z was the last of breed.

>Raven Ridge
I hope so, that'd be total badass to have an ultraportable i7-capable machine. I'm hard.

Looked not bad for a VAIO machine actually! Damn that brand got destroyed since Sony dropped it, just look at that ugly ass website with 3rd world country devices: us.vaio.com/vaio-s/

Good news for you, this is a Raven Ridge Engineering Sample notebook. 4 cores 8 threads of Raven Ridge goodness packed with ultrabook-like form factor.

Alienware doesn't have this problem.

Good graphics are wasted on a 13" screen

>Starting at 99999999999

Plug into external monitor

At least its THICC.

I'm sure it has a 30 minute battery life.

I'm starting to think Sup Forums is really out of touch with modern laptop performance

Kaby lake does miracles in battery life

wait for raven ridge.

What are the chances of a Raven Ridge Thinkpad or XPS? Don't they make deals with Intel that last for years?

There was a smol Elitebook on which you could replace the processor for a quad core one. Needless to say, the fan wasn't designed for a quad core so it's going to throttle anyway.

Go an extra inch and you can do the same thing with 14" Thinkpads up to the T440p.

>load: 1h 30m
is that supposed to be impressive or something?

Oh fuck off you're not supposed to use these at load when on battery, battery is productivity mode

If I remember it correctly, it was at a speed of 1.1GHZ and turbo to 2.5GHz but the overall performance was around i3

>t. mactoddler

user, get the 5470/5480. No one knows about this bloody laptop, I never hear it mentioned.

Thinner than an X230, 14" 1080p IPS screen, 6700HQ/7700HQs and even a bloody i7-7820HQ!

All with proper 3 button trackpoint, and the option for a dedicated GPU and TB3 - perfect for eGPU setups.

It has everything, in a durable chassis and amazing size, and no one's fucking heard of it.

but that's a 14 inch laptop, not 13" as OP wanted unfortunately

you dont need 4 cores in a laptop fag

>Can't cool laptops nowadays?

No.

Not while adhering to the mandatory "muh thin!!!! OMG so fucking THIIIINNNNNN!!!" meme.

It's a difference of 0.7 inches and the bezels are fairly good anyway. It's basically the smallest laptop you'll find a quad core in outside of chunky alienware shit.

>need

fuck off

I'll bet it will throttle like a motherfucker though.

Putting a high power CPU in a small case is one thing.
Cooling is sufficiently enough to actually benefit from the theoretical extra power is another altogether.

Such as writing in word?

No, everyone has to copy apple and make their laptops underpowered for the sake of being thin. This is also the reason we have shit keyboards.

Looks decent enough, I'll check it out thx!

That's what I'm thinking about.

I wonder how much performance would be impacted for software development between dual and quad cores? Compilers are such a bitch on CPU and I fucking hate when I can't even use my Macbook because it heats so much. Even my Surface Pro 3 has a better CPU for fuck's sake!

Wait For Raven Ridge (tm)
No seriously, Ryzen is absurdly efficient at typical laptop clockspeeds (2.5-3.2 GHz).
I can see a quad core APU fitting well within a 15-20 Watt power budget.

browsing on facebook

Whatever you want

Bull

That's 45 watt + for Intel