Threadripper mITX revealed

Other urls found in this thread:

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sff-threadripper-motherboard-petition-thread.2340/page-4
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sff-threadripper-motherboard-petition-thread.2340/page-4#post-51983
twitter.com/IanCutress/status/885616117930131461
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holy shit. when/where to get?

>intel -tm

watch it gooby

>Intel gigabit
>AMD socket

>your photoshop skills are bad and you should feel bad

Intel gigabit ethernet chips should work no matter what cpu is used.

What the fuck is this monster?

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sff-threadripper-motherboard-petition-thread.2340/page-4

Second retard I've seen fall for this.

T H I C C

Nothing obsene about this at all.

>wah! what are we gonna do on the motherboard?

>INFINITE PROCESSING POWER, itty bitty living space

This is the Formula One of motherboards. It is CPU and not much else.

One with integrated 10gb sfp would awesome for a cheap cluster

this is beyond stupid

blah-blah onii-chan I'm not sure if it fits
chinese cartoon girl.jpg

>64 PCI-e lanes
>can't use them because mITX
why?

underrated post

I don't think that's realistic, the board needs to have like 12 layers and ridiculously complex routing.

Well, I guess it's for people who don't need 128 lanes, but need a gorillion cores and memory channels.

at least it has 4 DIMM slots

>gorillion memory channels
>can't even use all the memory it supports because it only has one set of quad channel ram instead of 2]

that thing straight up retarded

You still get maximum speed, just not maximum capacity. And 4x64GB is nothing to scoff at.

>4x64GB
TR doesn't support rdimms

It doesn't? I think I read somewhere that since TR is glued-together server cores, it should support reg and ECC memory.

Still, even with most common 16 GB modules, 4x16GB isn't all that bad for HEDT.

5gb/thread is pretty standard minimum for enterprise. Density is key. You could stack a shit ton of those in a rack, just like those xeon-d itx boards people were shitting themselves over.

TR is not an enterprise platform.

Could just as well be talking about an epyc itx board here.

It's cute!
C
U
T
E

Well, an Epyc ITX board should support 128 GB LRDIMMS, so memory capacity is hardly going to be an issue.

Forgot your meds?

>HUR DUR I PHUNNY

HAH I BET U USE LYENUBS

PIC RELATED FAG

KEEP RAGING THO FOOL

rofl

If that is an accurate representation of the size of the threadripper socket I wonder if we will see an mITX with a lot more vertical riser boards.
It seems to be about the only way to fit the shit in.

Of course, it'll never happen. It's a bad photoshop in the first place.

Man, it's almost like a SoC, not even a southbridge?

>not even a southbridge?
Put everything on the CPU's PCI-e lanes.

most AM4 boards are using either Realtek's 8111H gigabit or Intel's i211AT gigabit

Guess I just have to stick with my x99 board. X299 in mITX is just asking for a BBQ

kys op smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sff-threadripper-motherboard-petition-thread.2340/page-4#post-51983

I dont see this happening with full size DIMMS, there's simply not enough room for the other hardware. SO-DIMMs though plus some creative placement of the other bits of hardware should allow for such a setup to actually work.

Basically what AsRock did for x299

Yeah i know. The problem is the fact that Threadripper's socket is so goddamned massive it doesn't leave much room for even that shit. The chips for the rear I/O that dont come from the processor will have to be mounted on the other side of the board. The CMOS battery if there's no room for it vertically will have to be installed on the other side of the board as well.

Yeah, it's probably not going to happen. Just got to hope for Zen2 upping the game for AM4 I guess.

well these are all mock ups the Asrock MB on this link is what a prototype would be

as others have said on forum the CPu is a full SOC so no need for pesky south an north bridge.
the only problem is calling the vrm and airflow because the CPU would block most of it and also getting a heatsink on it.

*cooling Vrm

Yup, usually you would run out of PCI-e lanes but being this is just have one PCI-e slot and Threadripper has plenty of lanes, it isn't a problem.

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ON THA MUTHABOARD, BITCH?

W A N T

But make sure it has 10GbE...

Is anyone bothered by that mockup having no storage connectors besides one M.2 socket?

You could also connect the battery with long wires and stick it on top of one of the rear connector blocks, I guess.

twitter.com/IanCutress/status/885616117930131461

It might actually.

Yeah they could... but then it'd look cheap as fuck. I honestly would prefer a vertical battery holder instead of a wired up battery.

amd fucking won

Snowy Owl better have 8 10Gbps ethernet ports on the goddamn rear I/O and 4 M.2 ports on the edges of the board than waste all those PCIe lanes with a single 16x slot.

Or you can just put in more NICs or M2 slots in the PCIe slot

PCie is more than a video card port

Are you a genie?

Fake and gay

you have no idea how expensive lrdimms are do you?

i thought threadripper needed 2 x 8 pin cpu cables?

its fake

Pls no hate against intel network controllers, that's the last intel division that doesn't suck donkey dick.

whats the point of this if you caant fit a proper graphic card, just buy some random arm board if you want a slim pc

>mITX
>for a platform with a shitload of PCI-E lanes
What a waste.