Does anyone still use I2P? Or is it dead...

does anyone still use I2P? Or is it dead? I always remember it was meant to be the next big replacement for tor but I check it out recently and it seems quieter than ever before

Other urls found in this thread:

i2pbote.xyz/
geti2p.net/el/about/alternative-clients
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion.rip/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump I'm curious too

It's dead Jim

whats the alternative these days?
UK fag, net is starting to get a bit spooky

Depends on your needs user. What are you trying to anonymize? Messaging? Browsing? Downloads?

browsing and downloads really.
Mainly after books though torrents were pretty cool in i2p, they're cracking down a lot on torrents these days

Just download and boot into tails then. Tails os offers a lot of privacy tools for that kinda thing.

>requires java
top lel

Was a normal choice of 2003.

just tor and general clear net then? Used to use tails for i2p so pretty comfy with it.
Cheers

zeronet

Stop this meme.

Daily reminder no one has ever been caught using i2p. Meanwhile in tor land theres a new FBI exploit and people get arrested on an annual basis.

I2p died for me few years ago when they closed all imageboards in favor of "overchan". It messed up everything. I stopped running my node few months after.
Same thing with onion. There is nothing left except from few scummy marketplaces.

>I2p died for me few years ago when they closed all imageboards in favor of "overchan".

literally what the flying fuck are you talking about?

I'm using I2P. Currently sending email with I2p-Bote. i2pbote.xyz/

Then install an alternative client which doesn't require Java. The main client requires Java, but these clients do not: geti2p.net/el/about/alternative-clients

>people complaining about i2p being java in 2017 as if that's an excuse for not knowing about i2pd

bounce through an ssh proxy in a non-FVEY country to connect to Tor if you're afraid of being marked

The main (default) client requires Java, but these alternative clients do not:

i2pd is a I2P client implementation in C++. As of early 2016, i2pd is became stable enough to be used in production, and since summer 2016 it fully implements all I2P APIs.

Kovri is active i2pd fork developed for Monero cryptocurrency.

Go-I2P is I2P client developed using the Go programming language.

Here is clearnet mirror of that shit.
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion.rip/

Freenet or I2P?

Depends on if you're trying to bounce through or visit illicit websites sempai. Those networks are different structures.

there are so many fucking imageboards on i2p seriously why the literal fuck is this even a problem.

Which one is better for ///file\\\ distribution / download?

thats more due to the competence of users than anything inherent to tor

he's retarded is the obvious answer

You can torrent over it (unlike Tor), but it's slow and there isn't that much of a variety. I wish people would start supporting it more considering the recent crackdown on torrent trackers and the talk of ISPs potentially blocking people from using their internet until they pay a fee if they're caught pirating anything. Unfortunately, many changes that people make tent to be reactive rather than proactive.

bring this thread up, gooki