He bought an amazon snitch stick

>he bought an amazon snitch stick

My mom bought one on Prime Day. Honestly, it's pretty cool. I wouldn't have one in the room with me on a regular basis though. Just in case.

The dude shouted "did you call the sheriff?".

>Say sentence which is similar to command
Wooooow who would have thought something like that would have happened

>this is the future that the normies have chosen

It's not actively sending data, I got one just to find that out, only keep alive token packets, only opens a connection when you ask it something.
Even the server side hotword system that went online a while ago only starts sending data when you say something very similar to the hotword.

Put your tinfoin hat back on OP:

not exaclty a point in it's favor
>discussing ordering a pizza
>decide to cook
>pizza comes anyway cause alexa ordered for you

so basically we can't even trust AI females

The whole reason its big and large is to give value to normalfags.

They could easily package the basics into a model that's the size of a earplug.

Why would you ever trust a friend your girl brings home. Alexa? She even sounds like a bitch that never leaves.

They have the Echo Dot that's quite small.
As it's meant to be used inside the house.

You could probably wire up a Pi with bluetooth headphones and data connection.

The reason it's large is because of the large speaker inside of it. You can already buy a much smaller one with the exact same functionality that's the size of a hockey puck, but has a shit, tinny speaker (but also a 3.5mm jack).

Nope, but not what OP implied.
Those things suck, you can't watch a movie without it going on every 30 min.

Not a problem if you don't speak english in your house though.

link?

are you calling me a flat footed bobby?

>weed niggers get le latest technology cause epeen reasons
>discussing DUDE WEED LMAO topics
>alexa and google home snitch them out
At least it'll get rid of the retards of society.

>buy Amazon Echo stick thing
>enjoying casual dinner
>I prefer Oscar Myer instead of National Beef Franks
>Echo reports you to Oscar Myer lawyer who then sues you for Defamation and using their copyright without their permission
>echo calls the cops for saying "jesus fucking christ" as implications of Rape
>thrown in jail for 10+ years, put on sex offender registry, and a 3000000 dollar fine for damages to oscar myer

>tfw people who think like that actually exist and not all of them are in psycho wards or take their meds
s-scary

Why would anyone buy this garbage? Is this a fetish of being constantly monitored? Are people this brain-dead?

But in order to detect those words the microphone has to be constantly recording

This. I've been baffled by people actually purchasing this shit. I can search just fine for myself. i think they glean enough info about me just from being on-line. Don't need them listening in as I'm putting it to the old lady. or what the fuck ever else i do in the privacy of my home.

>/blog
>>>/reddit/

>I've been baffled

How is it baffling? People want their very own Jarvis and normies don't give a shit about the gubmint or Google listening in on them.

It's not recording to anywhere, it's actively monitoring for the wake word, no data gets saved or sent, out from the task that just listens for the specific word.

t. Alexa

Im not gonna hurt ANY person, thing and possibly structures

Fuck trees though, plenty of the bastards

[spoiler]but seriously fuck trees only communist like trees fucking commies

le liberty prime

inb4 youtube/reddit spacing
[/spoiler]

>I don't want to actually discuss something
>everything anyone says that I don't like I must shitpost
If you actually gave a fuck you would check out developing for Alexa and trying out the developer version for example.

>buy Alexa
>Bobby trap my house Home Alone style
>"gee Alexa, that 8 year old in my basement is a fighter. What's the closest drugstore?"
>lulz

I'd rather be a paranoid fuck than a getting unintentionally fucked in any way by technology that's meant to serve me.

My mom bought one to use as a clunky slow lightswitch.
It's useful if you have your hands full all the time I guess.

The speakers on the Alexa are great. I use it to play music at my bedside on the daily.

Why would Oscar Myer sue you for liking their hot dogs?

>got dot for free
>decided to try it for a week
>by the 3rd day i never used it
>on the 4th day my neighbor would connect his phone to it and blast mariachi music (loose bluetooth pairing is a known bug)
>sold it for $20 to my dad and kept the power brick/cable

no, alexa.. I said "that's a flat crooked boobie"

goddammit alexa

I'm pretty sure no one on Sup Forums bought one of those. You clearly don't belong here if you fell for it.

But he didn't say "Alexa, did you call the sheriff".

They kill thousand of happy costumers a year.

>He doesn't live in a DUDE WEED state